ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:11 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
In PFF's metrics they more or less blame Sneed for the Bengals 2nd touchdown since his penalty extended the drive.

That take is iffy, to say the least.
The hell?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 01-01-2024
Taylor is a fine tackle when he's not committing penalties. It's been that way most of the season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:35 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The hell?
This has been the consistent thing about PFF's negative takes on Sneed this season.

Penalties = massive drop in the ratings.

It's why Taylor's ratings were so low in the beginning of the season and why ANDREW WYLIE was such a PFF standout for a while (despite Washington fans unanimously wanting to send him back to KC).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:36 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Taylor is a fine tackle when he's not committing penalties. It's been that way most of the season.
I’d expect the penalties to regress to the mean next year and everyone to say he improved.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:59 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This has been the consistent thing about PFF's negative takes on Sneed this season.

Penalties = massive drop in the ratings.

It's why Taylor's ratings were so low in the beginning of the season and why ANDREW WYLIE was such a standout for a while (despite Washington fans unanimously wanting to send him back to KC).
Yeah, I ignore their takes, especially when it comes to Sneed. They grade him low, but his numbers against the elite #1 WRs in the NFL speak otherwise. He is an elite CB this year having an elite season.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:06 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It's not like a late round LT is blue chip either. At that spot, you're usually either getting a raw talent project or a polished LT with a talent ceiling. And we desperately need that pick for a WR.

IMO the fact that Reid and Co are willing to start Morris in these spots, and aren't giving him constant chip help, speaks to what they think his ceiling is. I don't know where this myth came from that 3rd round project LTs can never have some bumps in the road. I'm very interested to see what his PFF grade is this week, and if any of the local pundits look at his tape.
Tackle is a position with a learning curve, even high 1st round picks can have bumps in the road and still develop. There are several examples, we took one of them #1 overall.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:40 PM 01-07-2024
Not sure how to feel here. This is the biggest question of the off-season to me. He played okay but got beat badly by elite rushers. But is he learning?

I think the Chiefs should make a strong push in FA for multiple WR's and if there's a quality LT available the Chiefs should trade up to get him
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:45 PM 01-07-2024
CP hated Fisher until he was released and then was begging to get him back.

Would go the same route in 2024. Find a signing like Smith again and let them compete.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:54 PM 01-07-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
CP hated Fisher until he was released and then was begging to get him back.

Would go the same route in 2024. Find a signing like Smith again and let them compete.
It doesn’t take long for people to long for players they hated.

I’ve seen some funny takes on Andrew Wylie this year.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:16 AM 01-08-2024
The thing with Morris is that if he can somehow be turned into an average starting LT, finding that in the 3rd round is like winning the lottery. It would mean we can focus on WR and other needs, instead of taking an LT at the end of the first round – who by definition will have some issue like low ceiling, or be a project. And that first-rounder still could still easily be a full on bust. Even supposedly blue chip LTs bust all the time.

So we should all be rooting really hard for Morris to work out imo. The fact that the coaches feel comfortable with him out there says they think he has a chance at least.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:09 AM 01-08-2024
I think end of the first we have a far better chance of finding a WR that can contribute quickly, even in this offense, and certainly be an improvement on what we have. I think any LT there is more of a project. I DO think we should go for that type though, probably in the 2nd round. FA is wafer thin at OT this year, trading seems a waste of resources, we're just going to have to buy another lottery ticket - a good athlete, raw prospect type - while we remodel our weapons.

Hope Morris develops, I have some doubts, so let's get another guy who can compete there and see if we can get one up to speed. We may just need to give them a lot of help while we hope Taylor figures it out at RT.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 01-08-2024
Give him a full offseason in the spot and go from there.

He played fine. Yeah, elite rushers gave him issues. No shit, welcome to 75% of the LT's in the league. We went after a "put him on an island and forget about it" LT and everyone freaked at the money it would cost.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:07 AM 01-08-2024
Did he officially get diagnosed with a concussion?

Hope he clears protocol early this week.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:39 AM 01-08-2024
While the season has been frustrating, a lot of people miss the fact that this team has developed a legit #1 WR, and developing Morris is also a bonus. I hope he's OK, but I also wouldn't mind Smith being back for the play off run.

Just the fact that he has played will help the team evaluate the position better for the upcoming draft. Question, not that I want to see him moved inside, but is that even an option for a guy like him?
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 01-08-2024
You could kick him inside, but you wanna exhaust the opportunity at LT first, from a value standpoint.

People just need to understand that while he may not end up being a top 5 LT in the league, if he's serviceable, say top 15 LT, that's perfect from a cost standpoint.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up