ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
Balto 01:50 AM 03-19-2023
Another crazy thought! We all expect Veach to get us Hopkins or OBJ which for example, Hopkins will cost about $19M. So getting Tunsil + Hopkins is just not gonna happen.

How about:

Texans get:
2024 1st
2025 1st
CEH

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

With the #12 pick we take 1 of the top two WRs, Quentin Johnston or Jaxon.

So now we have the best OL in the NFL plus a young stud and cheap WR to pair with our other guys.

Value is actually spot on if you look at the numbers!
[Reply]
kccrow 02:18 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Give me a fucking break. He subbed in for half a season after their starting LT went down with a season ending injury and then they traded him. The Ravens actually moved him to RT after he played LT in college.
And after playing LT he didn't want to move back to RT, thus prompting the trade. I wasn't wrong, man. KC kept him at LT. That doesn't mean Taylor is coming here to play LT. He might play LT, but it was clear that wasn't guaranteed to him. He's LT in the event they don't secure a better option at LT.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:14 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Another crazy thought! We all expect Veach to get us Hopkins or OBJ which for example, Hopkins will cost about $19M. So getting Tunsil + Hopkins is just not gonna happen.

How about:

Texans get:
2024 1st
2025 1st
CEH

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

So now we have the best OL in the NFL plus a young stud and cheap WR to pair with our other guys.

As nice as that would be I don't think CEH adds much to the trade.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:49 AM 03-19-2023

How about:

Texans get:
2024 1st
2025 1st
CEH

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

I think #12 is too high for any of these WR's, I'd say let's pray that DT J. Carter, DE M. Murphy, or DE. T. Wilson falls to #12.

Then move this year's 3rd + MVS for D. Hopkins, and restructure CJ to make the money work.

OT Tunsil
WR Hopkins
DL J Carter, T Wilson, or M. Murphy
+
7 Draft picks between rounds 4-7

lol now there's a draft plan!
[Reply]
Chief3188 07:54 AM 03-19-2023
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1637450940067332103
[Reply]
TRR 07:55 AM 03-19-2023
Tunsil just signed a 3 year, $75 million dollar deal with the Texans. They also offloaded Cooks to Dallas…
[Reply]
nychief 07:55 AM 03-19-2023
He signed an extension 3 years 70 millions... highest paid LT in the game again.

Texans also traded cooks to the Boys for 6 and 5.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:56 AM 03-19-2023
I'll embed.

Per Saint Omni, #Texans star LT Laremy Tunsil is once again the highest-paid tackle in NFL history, securing a 3-year deal worth $75M with $50M fully guaranteed and $60M in total guarantees. The blindside protector does a true reset on the market. Tunsil represented himself. pic.twitter.com/pEC68BRPSu

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2023

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:57 AM 03-19-2023
Anticlimactic but not surprising. Texans would've been crazy to let him go.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:57 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
He signed an extension 3 years 70 millions... highest paid LT in the game again.

Texans also traded cooks to the Boys for 6 and 5.
Gotta think it has to be Dhop or Beckham coming soon to the Chiefs
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:58 AM 03-19-2023
Never wanted him anyway.

Take my word for it. No need to check my previous posts on the subject.

Dude sucks anyway.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:59 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Gotta think it has to be Dhop or Beckham coming soon to the Chiefs
Or the Chiefs with their $14M in cap space are done looking at guys with $30M cap hits.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:00 AM 03-19-2023
I assume that means Dallas is out on OBJ now?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs trade their 1st for for Tunsil, 4th for Hopkins. It all goes down on draft day.

You heard it here first, folks.
:-)

How about:

Texans get:
2024 1st
2025 1st
CEH

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

I'm glad you are not our GM. Mortgaged our future like no other GM ever has. Wasted Mahomes prime years. Good plan. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:07 AM 03-19-2023
I'd rather get Mahomes another weapon.

We have elite G-C-G which is perfect match to awareness, mobility of Mahomes.

Just don't be dog shit.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03-19-2023, 08:12 AM
This message has been deleted by jerryaldini.
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up