ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 270
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
emaw1979 04:21 PM 03-03-2023
I'd consider trading a 4th but there is no way I'm trading a 2nd rounder for a 32-year-old WR who hasn't played a full season the past two years.
[Reply]
In58men 04:22 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree with this. Let Veach work.

That being said, you need to be somewhat realistic in your expectations. People are acting like we should get rid of Juju, Clark, MVS, AND OBJ and turn that into Hopkins.

That's not going to happen.
That’s being dramatic and getting carried away. We can do A LOT less and still get him. If Chiefs really want him, it wont be hard.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:24 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I'd consider trading a 4th but there is no way I'm trading a 2nd rounder for a 32-year-old WR who hasn't played a full season the past two years.
Yeah, I just really can't see the Chiefs doing something like this. Not with how they've been operating lately focusing so much on value. Not only are you giving up a 2nd rounder, but paying him $15-20 million a year? You can use that 2nd rounder on an instant contributor and sign a WR in free agency. Not like Hopkins is coming off a 100 catch, 1500 yard season and is in his prime.

Just don't see where it works at all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:26 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
What 32 year old? Dhop is 30 and turns 31 this year. On planet Earth, anyway.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:35 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yeah, I just really can't see the Chiefs doing something like this. Not with how they've been operating lately focusing so much on value. Not only are you giving up a 2nd rounder, but paying him $15-20 million a year? You can use that 2nd rounder on an instant contributor and sign a WR in free agency. Not like Hopkins is coming off a 100 catch, 1500 yard season and is in his prime.

He put up 700 yards and 3 TDs with a suspension and Jack shit at QB. You can be upset at what it would cost without claiming that he’s not good.
[Reply]
In58men 04:38 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol Ya'll been trying to cut MVS all season. No idea why. It doesn't make any sense.
Everyone wants to cut Hardman too. We can all agree both are underwhelming, but ball out when needed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:43 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Everyone wants to cut Hardman too. We can all agree both are underwhelming, but ball out when needed.
Don’t have to cut Hardman anymore.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:09 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, whatever.

Like whether DHop ultimately is a first ballot HOFer 6-10 years from now matters in this particular conversation. What I think vs. what you appear to think about DHop are not the same, but so what?

It's what he can do right now for the offense, for Toney/Skyy, for Kelce, and Pat that's pertinent here. And if you can't see that DHop is one of the best to ever do it, well, i think you're wrong, but let's leave that part out of the conversation. He is still a top-10 WR in everyone's book, and plays a skillset that would be a perfect fit for the offense.

Then there's what he could do for our young WR room in terms of game prep, body/health management, situational awareness, etc. Things that don't currently exist in that room.

There's going to be plenty of years when the Chiefs trot out WR rooms that are populated entirely by JAGs as Pat's cap hit grows, but this next couple three seasons don't have to be a part of that period.

And people really need to stop trying to use the "Patriot Way" as an example of how to maintain a dynasty. Let's not forget that they went ten years without a SB W. And who were their WRs during that period? Can anyone remember who their WR1/WR2 combos were during that time?

How about GB? They had arguably the best QB in NFL history (before Mahomes) at the helm, and chose to populate his WR room with JAGs for most of that span. Their strict adherence to the idea that Rodgers would just carry the majority of the offensive load earned them one Ring. One SB appearance.

All I'm saying is that there could be a huge opportunity here, instead of following a now well-worn path that doesn't necessarily lead to greatness, and has a rather high percentage chance of leading to nowhere special.

Del Shofner was better.
Henry Ellard was better.
Harold Jackson was better.
Anquan Boldin was better.
Stanley Morgan was better.
Hines Ward was better.
Jimmy Smith was better.

All not in the HOF.

Somehow you guys have convinced yourselves DHop is the 2nd coming of Cris carter or something. Is he good? Without a doubt. Is he worth it at this point?

Fuck no.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:17 PM 03-03-2023
Juju at 15 million is fine

MVS at 11 million is fine

But Dhop at 19 million is too much?

I don't understand.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:26 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Del Shofner was better.
Henry Ellard was better.
Hines Ward was better.
Jimmy Smith was better.

All not in the HOF.

Somehow you guys have convinced yourselves DHop is the 2nd coming of Cris carter or something. Is he good? Without a doubt. Is he worth it at this point?

Fuck no.
You could have just posted “I know jack shit about football” and it would have saved you a lot of typing.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:34 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
You could have just posted “I know jack shit about football” and it would have saved you a lot of typing.
Don't give a fuck what you think.
[Reply]
O.city 05:35 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Are you suggesting that what we've done the past TWO drafts isn't sustainable?
Uh yeah it’s not
[Reply]
emaw1979 05:37 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What 32 year old? Dhop is 30 and turns 31 this year. On planet Earth, anyway.
My bad. I heard or read somewhere he was turning 32, but I didn't verify. You are right; he is 30 and will turn 31 in June.

Doesn't change my stance though one bit. He's on the wrong side of 30.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Del Shofner was better.
Henry Ellard was better.
Hines Ward was better.
Jimmy Smith was better.

All not in the HOF.

Fuck no.
Wtf? Didn't even address my post.

And who the hell is Shofner/Morgan/Jackson? As far as I can tell Shofner played in the 50s. Please.

Ellard? I mean, I liked Ellard, but seriously? Check your stats; he's not in the same ballpark. Never mind DHop has the huge advantage in hands.

Boldin? Again, liked him, but no. I mean, at least the stat lines are comparable, but just take 1st down receptions; both have 695, but Boldin played another 4 years to hit that number? DHop is already there. DHop is the better athlete, more versatile, better hands.

Hines? Really good player, close in some of the stats, sure hands and tough as nails, so pretty similar in several respects. Probably should be in the HOF, in my book. Not the same athlete though.

Smith? Decent comparison, except he doesn't have the production over the same period of time.

not to mention that some of those guys were strictly boundary guys, while DHop can play from anywhere.

But again, who cares about your idea of what an HOFer is supposed to be?:-)
[Reply]
Shields68 05:42 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

if you think Odel, JuJu, Lazard or Jacobi Myers is as good or better that would be the plan. But there are not a lot of potential pro bowl WR available as FA. But the above guys might think they should be paid closer to Kirk and have a low 20's cap hit.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 270
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up