ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 333
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:38 AM 02-21-2023

#Royals OF Drew Waters has a left oblique strain & will be out for 6 weeks, Matt Quatraro said. Waters was competing for the CF job this spring. Kyle Isbel will “get every opportunity to grab that spot.” More innings/ABs will go to Nate Eaton, Edward Olivares, Samad Taylor, etc.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) February 21, 2023

[Reply]
nychief 11:45 AM 02-21-2023
This team might win 55 games.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:54 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
TLO 02:12 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
I'll take the over
[Reply]
tk13 02:20 PM 02-21-2023
If the new pitching coaches are truly competent at all this team might actually be improved. People are underestimating just how horrible our pitching staff was. We were dead last in almost everything and by a wide margin in some categories. You don't even have to get league average, just any improvement to catch up with the pack a little bit and you're probably talking 70 wins.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:26 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
If the new pitching coaches are truly competent at all this team might actually be improved. People are underestimating just how horrible our pitching staff was. We were dead last in almost everything and by a wide margin in some categories. You don't even have to get league average, just any improvement to catch up with the pack a little bit and you're probably talking 70 wins.
Just us becoming “average” in the amount of walks we give out would be transformational.

Our pitching was an atrocity. Dayton completely lost his sense of reality if he thought our numbers for the past 5 seasons (consistent through many different pitching staffs) was “part of the process.”
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:39 PM 02-21-2023
Good read
https://www.royalsreview.com/2023/2/...oaching-basket
[Reply]
tk13 02:37 PM 02-23-2023

5 years into his career and Brad Keller is finally trying a curveball.

Reading quotes from Royals pitcher after Royals pitcher this spring about how amazing it is to use things like "data" and "high-speed video" is hysterical. What, exactly, was Cal Eldred doing all these years? https://t.co/ydm1bLeHQ5

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) February 23, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:43 PM 02-23-2023
The stuff coming out of spring training is pretty fucking damning for Dayton, Matheny, and Cal. Those idiots probably didn't do a single thing with analytics.
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:20 PM 02-23-2023
Kind of funny that in here we are talking about how Royals did not use analytics and the problem it caused while in a current Chiefs thread titled, "The Chiefs didn't need analytics" they talk about with great players like Mahomes, analytics gets thrown out the window.

Royals need some great players but maybe they need to use analytics to get them and develop them.

All I know is I don't want to wait another 30 years for Royals in the World Series.

Thank goodness for the Chiefs!
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 04:28 PM 02-23-2023
It seems like the only measurable variable going into this season is competent, analytics-informed management. I'm truly interested to see what improvement comes from it.
[Reply]
Coach 04:33 PM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
It seems like the only measurable variable going into this season is competent, analytics-informed management. I'm truly interested to see what improvement comes from it.
I mean, the fact that Matheny and Eldred are no longer here is already considered an improvement in any shape or form.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:45 PM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Kind of funny that in here we are talking about how Royals did not use analytics and the problem it caused while in a current Chiefs thread titled, "The Chiefs didn't need analytics" they talk about with great players like Mahomes, analytics gets thrown out the window.

Royals need some great players but maybe they need to use analytics to get them and develop them.

All I know is I don't want to wait another 30 years for Royals in the World Series.

Baseball Analytics are a little different than NFL analytics. Less established and less proven.

The sample sizes of baseball really make it possible to do meaningful statistical analysis.

I also think the "Chiefs don't use analytics" article you're referencing was a poor example of applying analytics to break out something or review it. Salfino is good, but calling Butker a bad kicker based on 2022 (and not his full-career sample) or talking about bad roster construction while citing Brown and Clark without talking about the good work in the rest of the roster, the analytical decision to spread the Tyreek Hill money/resources to a deeper WR room and improvements elsewhere (I mean, analytics got big in baseball because a smart front office figured out how to replace an expensive star with less expensive parts).
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:59 PM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:00 PM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

That’s because it was started by a Mongoloid who everyone should mute. Does that help?
[Reply]
Page 28 of 333
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up