ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 163
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
jd1020 01:43 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
lol why are you so argumentative.
Because while you are confused with how completely separate things can be unrelated to each other, I'm confused about why people have to make things more difficult than it is by bringing up the unrelated.

FIFA allows players to choose which national team they play for based on where they were born, where their parents/grand parents are from, and if they have been in a country for 5+ years (presumably playing for youth teams and training in that country and possibly even having citizenship by now).

So if the question is why is X player allowed to play for Y team?... that is your answer. Pretty simple, direct, and not confusing.

Olympians are also allowed to represent a country they weren't born in. The athlete just has to have citizenship for the country they choose to represent and they can freely choose every Olympics, like the Canadian bobsledder who chose to represent the USA this last winter Olympics after she got her citizenship and there was some kind of sexual harassment issue with the Canadian team.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:46 PM 11-23-2022
Missed too many chances at one end and bites you in the ass
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-23-2022, 01:48 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
KC_Connection 01:56 PM 11-23-2022
Canada completely dominated that half against Belgium. Doesn't mean a damn thing in soccer if you can't finish though.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:56 PM 11-23-2022
C'mon Canada
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:04 PM 11-23-2022

HT: Belgium (0.66) 1-0 (2.34) Canada

— The xG Philosophy (@xGPhilosophy) November 23, 2022

Wow.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:06 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Canada completely dominated that half against Belgium. Doesn't mean a damn thing in soccer if you can't finish though.
Missing that penalty hurt but Buchanan needs to do better on his chances , should have potential Loy had another one as well it playing high press you always risk a counter .

Still not over canadas speed causing them issues
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:09 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Missing that penalty hurt but Buchanan needs to do better on his chances , should have potential Loy had another one as well it playing high press you always risk a counter .

Still not over canadas speed causing them issues
Canada should have had at least one more penalty called for them as well.

Did Canada have two other potential penalties robbed from them? The TSN panel discusses. pic.twitter.com/9LVFllouga

— TSN (@TSN_Sports) November 23, 2022

Can't rely on the refs in a FIFA World Cup, though.
[Reply]
Womble 02:11 PM 11-23-2022
This is the same ref that blew up for full time at the 83 minute mark in the African Cup of Nations. No wonder he's fucking clueless.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:34 PM 11-23-2022
My Peacock feed is in Spanish.

What am I doing wrong??
[Reply]
CanadaKC 02:38 PM 11-23-2022
Canada hasn’t shown they can finish but dam! They sure have shown they can compete against the #2 team in the world! Mettle and heart. And Alphonso Davies is clearly hurt
[Reply]
Monticore 02:40 PM 11-23-2022
Nice save , shit
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:45 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
My Peacock feed is in Spanish.

What am I doing wrong??
You never changed it back after pretending to be in Belize.
[Reply]
markdis 02:48 PM 11-23-2022
I blame Drake for the missed PK. So far Belgium is my favorite, i am sure they gonna be in a final this year.
https://www.firesticktricks.com/watc...firestick.html - great source for ideas where to stream world cup the best from any country in the world. I am with the Sling TV at the moment. Does anyone know a better option?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I clapped when Wales scored on that PK. That country is tiny but it proves that anything can happen on the pitch for a team focused on soccer instead of homosexuality and gender dysphoria.
Yup.

Our squad is worried about looking woke.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:52 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Because while you are confused with how completely separate things can be unrelated to each other, I'm confused about why people have to make things more difficult than it is by bringing up the unrelated.

FIFA allows players to choose which national team they play for based on where they were born, where their parents/grand parents are from, and if they have been in a country for 5+ years (presumably playing for youth teams and training in that country and possibly even having citizenship by now).

So if the question is why is X player allowed to play for Y team?... that is your answer. Pretty simple, direct, and not confusing.

Olympians are also allowed to represent a country they weren't born in. The athlete just has to have citizenship for the country they choose to represent and they can freely choose every Olympics, like the Canadian bobsledder who chose to represent the USA this last winter Olympics after she got her citizenship and there was some kind of sexual harassment issue with the Canadian team.
Jesus what a woman. shut the fuck up already.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 163
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up