ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 51
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:48 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Things like this have been happening way to consistently for it to be a coincidence. You nailed the score. Vegas always wins.
But how consistently does it happen? Would be interesting to see some numbers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:12 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone needs to understand where the Chargers are in their development vs where the Chiefs are.

The Chargers are where the Chiefs were in 2018 with the added bonus of having a Chiefs 2013 type holdovers from the previous draft cycle. Derwin is just a fantastic player. Bosa is a great player at DE. Adderley, Samuel etc.

They've drafted well, plus they have a legit QB on a rookie deal. So they could go get JC Jackson, sign Mike Williams, trade for Mack etc. Basically, the Chiefs 2018.
I wouldn't compare to 2018 KC. From what I've seen, the Chargers are going to have major cap issues next year.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:21 AM 09-16-2022
I'll give Herbert the tough guy props for last night, but what I won't tolerate is someone saying with a straight face that it was because Mike Danna landed on him with his weight. I've watched the clip so many times and the only amount of Dannas weight that landed on Herbert was his left arm. Danna's helmet is completely to Herbert's left side and the helmet wasn't even the reason the injury happened, it was either the initial hit that Danna gave him, or it was due to him hitting the ground, but to hell with these assholes today saying Danna put all his weight on Herbert when going to the ground and it should've been a penalty when the video clearly shows the opposite.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:31 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'll give Herbert the tough guy props for last night, but what I won't tolerate is someone saying with a straight face that it was because Mike Danna landed on him with his weight. I've watched the clip so many times and the only amount of Dannas weight that landed on Herbert was his left arm. Danna's helmet is completely to Herbert's left side and the helmet wasn't even the reason the injury happened, it was either the initial hit that Danna gave him, or it was due to him hitting the ground, but to hell with these assholes today saying Danna put all his weight on Herbert when going to the ground and it should've been a penalty when the video clearly shows the opposite.
It looked to me like Herbert partially landed on Danna's helmet, and that would match up where his injury appears or appeared to be last night.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:52 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone needs to understand where the Chargers are in their development vs where the Chiefs are.

The Chargers are where the Chiefs were in 2018 with the added bonus of having a Chiefs 2013 type holdovers from the previous draft cycle. Derwin is just a fantastic player. Bosa is a great player at DE. Adderley, Samuel etc.

They've drafted well, plus they have a legit QB on a rookie deal. So they could go get JC Jackson, sign Mike Williams, trade for Mack etc. Basically, the Chiefs 2018.
Except Staley is a mediocre at best coach.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I wouldn't compare to 2018 KC. From what I've seen, the Chargers are going to have major cap issues next year.
This is their absolute best shot.

On top of the cap, Keenan Allen is getting older and showing signs of decline.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:54 PM 09-16-2022
Once again a tough, ugly game against the Chargers. One of these days I would like to see the Chiefs offense have an "A" game against these guys. It hasn't happened since the opening game of the 2018 season. Every Chargers game since has been kind of ugly for the KC offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Once again a tough, ugly game against the Chargers. One of these days I would like to see the Chiefs offense have an "A" game against these guys. It hasn't happened since the opening game of the 2018 season. Every Chargers game since has been kind of ugly for the KC offense.
They can win in the exact same way in LA and I won't give a single fuck :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Dude. The Chargers have Bosa, Mack, James and Jackson. Those 4 alone are top tier players at their positions.

Then their secondary players like Van Noy, Murray, Samuel Jr, Tillery and Adderly are talented too.

The Chargers have one of the most talented defenses in football. You don’t have “A games” on offense against those defenses very often. It’s rare
[Reply]
DRM08 01:19 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dude. The Chargers have Bosa, Mack, James and Jackson. Those 4 alone are top tier players at their positions.

Then their secondary players like Van Noy, Murray, Samuel Jr, Tillery and Adderly are talented too.

The Chargers have one of the most talented defenses in football. You don’t have “A games” on offense against those defenses very often. It’s rare
I'm aware they are very talented. On paper they might be the best defense in the league.

They had less talent in previous years and the Chiefs offense still struggled against them. They didn't have the likes of Mack, Jackson, Van Noy, or Asante in 2019 and the Chiefs offense looked pretty bad against them in both 2019 games.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:38 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Probably the best defense we'll face all year and people act like we're suppose to be mad that the Chiefs didn't dump on them like they did the Cardinals.
[Reply]
In58men 01:46 PM 09-16-2022
Can we talk about Indy now?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:47 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can we talk about Indy now?
Make the thread. Im ready.
[Reply]
In58men 01:54 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Make the thread. Im ready.