ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 247
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
penguinz 08:50 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Likewise.

Like I said - I'd start him at the X next week. He has juice and seems to mesh well with PM.

That said - they need to figure out how to use MVS because his contract structure makes it extremely likely he's back next year.
Unless I am looking at it wrong as long as he is cut before the 3rd day of the league year for 2023 there are significant cap savings. If after the 3rd day his 2023 6.44M is guaranteed to him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:52 AM 09-21-2022
Bills are not overrated. They are playing well and with a big attitude. Tua is about to find out that his one good quarter of football won't win most games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Unless I am looking at it wrong as long as he is cut before the 3rd day of the league year for 2023 there are significant cap savings. If after the 3rd day his 2023 6.44M is guaranteed to him.
I mean if he's absolute trash, you're right. You can move on from him with only a $4 million dead cap hit and $7 million in cap savings.

But $7 million ain't gonna get you much on the WR market. In an ideal world, he makes himself worth keeping at that figure.
[Reply]
-King- 09:17 AM 09-21-2022
I really think they need to get their backs heavily involved in the passing game. Not just route tree sort of routes, but interior screens, etc...

I just don't see the athleticism I need to see with the WRs. So try to get teams to work more attention into the box w/ arrow routes and screen passes. If Brown is going to struggle with speed rushers, then attack that side with screens and quick passes to the flat that go right at that rush.
Screens almost completely disappeared from our playbook after Hunt and Charles. It's so weird that Reid ran them like crazy for a couple decades and now we barely ever run them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 09-21-2022
Chiefs have one of the best screen games in the league.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:25 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
This season will be our biggest test of the Mahomes Era to date.

Barely a bad team in 17 games and the hardest NFL schedule. Plus nearly every team got better or much better.

We have quite a challenge ahead.
After watching several games, I feel the opposite is true... still very early of course, but so many games have been uncompetitive garbage, which isn't anything new for the vast majority of the league.

There are only 6 undefeated teams left in 4 divisions after two freakin' weeks and the media has resorted to hyping the Eagles after they've beaten the Lions and Vikings. :-)

Practically the entire AFC was hyped this offseason and it took all of two weeks to feel like much of the "AFC is a gauntlet" talk was crap and we're once again hanging out waiting for Chiefs/Bills in the playoffs.

It's a long season and so forth, but IMO has been pretty underwhelming so far. Hopefully Bills/Dolphins
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 09-21-2022
In fairness - the Eagles look interesting.

Hurts has taken a step forward and adding Brown to them mix has been huge. Making Goedert an even bigger part of the passing game combined w/ Hurts ability to run the football and Brown's downfield ability makes them really difficult to deal with defensively. That's a team that will have some rough weeks when Hurts is just off, but they're explosive when he's right and should be able to put up a lot of points.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:30 AM 09-21-2022
In fairness - the Eagles look interesting.

Hurts has taken a step forward and adding Brown to them mix has been huge. Making Goedert an even bigger part of the passing game combined w/ Hurts ability to run the football and Brown's downfield ability makes them really difficult to deal with defensively. That's a team that will have some rough weeks when Hurts is just off, but they're explosive when he's right and should be able to put up a lot of points.
Hurts is one of the most surprising NFL QBs I can remember. He was horrible at times at Bama. I thought for sure he would be a bust.

Even if he’s just a competent starting QB, that’s really impressive.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 09-21-2022
So yeah, I kinda feel like the AFC has fallen apart a bit.

You've got the Chiefs and Bills and the Chargers then........the Dolphins?

The Ravens have to have Lamar be super man every week, their defense isn't very good (it's early) and they can't run the ball.

The Bengals had alot of good coin flip situations go their way last year and it's back to earth time, the AFCS is a joke.

It kinda looks like it may be a "avoid the 2 or 3 seed" in the AFC so you don't have to beat both to make it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hurts is one of the most surprising NFL QBs I can remember. He was horrible at times at Bama. I thought for sure he would be a bust.

No question; seemed really gimmicky. I thought the pick was a reach but at this level of play he's a steal.

I'd rather have him than the guy that ran him out of 'bama in Tua. He's still raw at times but the tools sure look better than the guy I saw in college.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So yeah, I kinda feel like the AFC has fallen apart a bit.

You've got the Chiefs and Bills and the Chargers then........the Dolphins?

The Ravens have to have Lamar be super man every week, their defense isn't very good (it's early) and they can't run the ball.

The Bengals had alot of good coin flip situations go their way last year and it's back to earth time, the AFCS is a joke.

It kinda looks like it may be a "avoid the 2 or 3 seed" in the AFC so you don't have to beat both to make it.
The Ravens were dead last in pass defense last year and their on pace to be worse this year. They aren’t winning shirt with that defense.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:36 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Saban really doesn't develop QBs.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Ravens were dead last in pass defense last year and their on pace to be worse this year. They aren’t winning shirt with that defense.
Last year made sense becuase they were depleted in the secondary, but they have most of those guys back AND signed Marcus Williams.

It's just shocking that they're still this bad.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 09-21-2022
No question; seemed really gimmicky. I thought the pick was a reach but at this level of play he's a steal.

I'd rather have him than the guy that ran him out of 'bama in Tua. He's still raw at times but the tools sure look better than the guy I saw in college.
Adequate QB play from a 3rd round draft pick. Allows them to absolutely stack guys around him.

They're a problem in the NFC and with that schedule, I don't see them winning less than 13.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Last year made sense becuase they were depleted in the secondary, but they have most of those guys back AND signed Marcus Williams.

It's just shocking that they're still this bad.
They had a bunch of injuries again on Sunday.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 247
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up