View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 28 of 343
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's just you being a sensitive pussy.

We used a 1st on him. We spent a 1st on him. We burned a 1st on him.. It's all the same shit when you're a grown man and not an over emotional bitch boy.
Go fuck yourself pussy.

We gave up the equivalent of a 2nd round pick, so even then, you’re still wrong.

As DJ has said before, even if you only got 2 above average years of LT play (and 1 cheap year), it’s still a great use of resources when combined with the pick that got us Bolton.
[Reply]
O.city 12:51 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can't play scared.

I mean if you have the requisite confidence in your scouting department, LT isn't QB. It's not impossible to find good LTs out there. Taylor Decker, Donavon Smith, Ryan Ramczyk, etc...

It's not easy - but it's not impossible. And if it costs you draft capital, well that's what draft capital is for.

Ultimately I'm just saying you can't get yourself bent over a barrel out of fear here. We didn't give up a Laramy Tunsil haul where we'd be gutting our future for a single season of OBJ if we let him walk. We gave up a fair amount for 2 years of above average LT play at below average market rates. Tag him and let him walk for a comp pick and the trade is a wash.

That's why I don't think the best justification for him is to talk about how hard the position is to deal with. Rather it's just to say that he's a good young player who ascended last year and who's prime years are still in front of him. You sign him because you WANT him here for 6 more years and not because you NEED him here for 6 more years.

If you can't be sure of the former, you're not so pot-committed that you can't let him walk. And ultimately if the front office didn't believe that he can continue to improve going forward, they probably should.
None of those guys really play LT though, especially to the level you'd want your LT to play.

But I agree on your overall point, I think he's alot better than some here and caught some flack because Mahomes tends to be a little to loosey in the pocket.

Either way, you're in a position to basically buy up all of his prime years. I think that's a risk worth taking.
[Reply]
O.city 12:52 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Go **** yourself pussy.

We gave up the equivalent of a 2nd round pick, so even then, you’re still wrong.
Dont be so sensitive.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:53 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I also don't think there's any chance he sets the new market here at LT. I'd guess he slots in right around Ronnie Stanley's number.
We’ve been negotiating with him for months without an agent and now he’s trying to get the best agent possible. Those things wouldn’t happen if he wasn’t wanting top compensation,

I’ll say it again…As long as the deal is 5-6 years, I’m perfectly fine paying him a penny over the top paid LT in the game as long as the structure is good. He would be kinda cheap this year and next and after that, the cap explodes and he will have put in the technical work to become a much better pass protector while the market for LTs will be insane.

The only way he’s signing a long term deal (not just him, but most FAs at premium positions) is for top of the current market money. Every agent knows the cap is going to blow up after next year, so most agents are having their clients wait to sign.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 05-31-2022
Dont be so sensitive.
He’s the one that went there, not me.

Just can’t handle somebody pointing out his poor use of words.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:01 PM 05-31-2022
Go fuck yourself pussy.
I'm not the one in here crying about inoffensive word choices like you are, penis breath.

Imagine reading a post I made in this thread that I literally prefaced with "I don't feel strongly about this situation either way" and getting your already-stretched-out asshole even more hurt over it lol

What a bitch!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not the one in here crying about inoffensive word choices like you are, penis breath.

Imagine reading a post I made in this thread that I literally prefaced with "I don't feel strongly about this situation either way" and getting your already-stretched-out asshole even more hurt over it lol

What a bitch!
Nothing about this post qualifies as “crying”:

Love how people talk about the trade too.

“Already burned a 1st on him”

That framing is hilariously dumb.

Like turning the 31st pick and a 3rd into a top 10 LT in their prime and Nick Bolton wasn’t a grand fucking slam.
The irony here is that you’re the one crying because I pointed out something dumb that you said.

And it was more of a general statement about people that have said similar things in regards to the trade. Didn’t even quote you for that reason. You were just the latest idiot to do it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 05-31-2022
None of those guys really play LT though, especially to the level you'd want your LT to play.

But I agree on your overall point, I think he's alot better than some here and caught some flack because Mahomes tends to be a little to loosey in the pocket.

Either way, you're in a position to basically buy up all of his prime years. I think that's a risk worth taking.
Decker did, I'm pretty sure Donovan did (does? I swear he was a LT) and Ramczyk absolutely could have but/for the existence of Armstead.

They can be had.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 05-31-2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:19 PM 05-31-2022
Can't play scared.

I mean if you have the requisite confidence in your scouting department, LT isn't QB. It's not impossible to find good LTs out there. Taylor Decker, Donavon Smith, Ryan Ramczyk, etc...

It's not easy - but it's not impossible. And if it costs you draft capital, well that's what draft capital is for.

Ultimately I'm just saying you can't get yourself bent over a barrel out of fear here. We didn't give up a Laramy Tunsil haul where we'd be gutting our future for a single season of OBJ if we let him walk. We gave up a fair amount for 2 years of above average LT play at below average market rates. Tag him and let him walk for a comp pick and the trade is a wash.

That's why I don't think the best justification for him is to talk about how hard the position is to deal with. Rather it's just to say that he's a good young player who ascended last year and who's prime years are still in front of him. You sign him because you WANT him here for 6 more years and not because you NEED him here for 6 more years.

If you can't be sure of the former, you're not so pot-committed that you can't let him walk. And ultimately if the front office didn't believe that he can continue to improve going forward, they probably should.

I think Veach has already done the film analysis as well as the financial analysis and has chosen to give him a long term contract.

So it's already done, and good thing is he's better than all of us on this sort of thing. He'll pivot if he has to just like with Hill but it sounds like Orlando wants to be here.

I think this will get done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:36 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Veach has already done the film analysis as well as the financial analysis and has chosen to give him a long term contract.

So it's already done, and good thing is he's better than all of us on this sort of thing. He'll pivot if he has to just like with Hill but it sounds like Orlando wants to be here.

I think this will get done.
I think it will as well.

They seem pretty comfortable with him over there long-term. We heard very little in the way of concerns with his ability or the possibility of getting a deal done long-term.

Then again, we didn't hear much on the Tyreek Hill front until about 4 hours before he became a Dolphin. Sometimes this stuff just goes sideways and ultimately the longer it takes, the more concerned I'll be.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:42 PM 05-31-2022
Decker did, I'm pretty sure Donovan did (does? I swear he was a LT) and Ramczyk absolutely could have but/for the existence of Armstead.

They can be had.
Need to see Ramczyk play LT first. It’s not as easy as a snap of the finger to go from RT to LT
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:27 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think they'll finish 10-7 and will be picking lower than they have in years.
You're way too pessimistic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're way too pessimistic.
I do think the "we're going to be picking in the late 20s!" presumptions of years past should probably be shelved for a tick.

This division is ROUGH. There's an argument that the Chiefs are about to face the hardest schedule in league history.

They could have damn good team and a very good season and go 10-7. Not because they're a barely above .500 team, but they simply do not have many breaks in this schedule and that kind of slate grinds on you.

I've said it for years - I'm absolutely convinced that 'iron sharpens iron' is bullshit. I'll take the Patriots cake schedule and a gimme bye week every year. In fact, it's almost a pre-requisite for the kind of sustained success they had.

Why? Because it's a hard game and when you're playing quality teams every week, sometimes things just don't go your way.

I could see KC drafting in the 18-22 range this year.
[Reply]
O.city 02:50 PM 05-31-2022
I think it'll be a tough year, but I'm not sure who ends up good or bad. Every year someone sucks that shoudl be good etc.

Maybe it's our turn.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 343
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up