Page 28 of 54
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
if you ask me the way Carrie said "Ben KENOBI!?" in ANH definitely reads as having met him 10 years earlier

a mystical hero who once saved you and then vanished into thin air
Inclined to agree with you.

And she did say 'reaching out on behalf of my father' or what not in her holograph to Ben - it may just be the case where she's maintaining a sort of diplomatic formality given that she's technically speaking as nobility and on behalf of the Senate (I think that's right - again, not good with the Canon here).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 06-10-2022
Vague enough to not be a big deal either way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And she did say 'reaching out on behalf of my father' or what not in her holograph to Ben - it may just be the case where she's maintaining a sort of diplomatic formality given that she's technically speaking as nobility and on behalf of the Senate (I think that's right - again, not good with the Canon here).
Originally Posted by :
General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father’s request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I’m afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.
That reads as a very personal connection.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 06-10-2022
That reads as a very personal connection.
But again - it definitely doesn't start that way. The rest of that message is very stiff. Why read the guy his own CV to start things off if you have some warm history together?
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:03 AM 06-10-2022
Ok, I can buy into some of this.
What about my second question?

And to build on that if Obi-Wan is going to put himself in grave danger rescuing Leia not once, but twice, isn't that going to send off signals to Darth Vader the importance of Leia?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 06-10-2022
But again - it definitely doesn't start that way. The rest of that message is very stiff. Why read the guy his own CV to start things off if you have some warm history together?
Why not? It was a distress call and she didn't have a lot of time to be emotional.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:

And to build on that if Obi-Wan is going to put himself in grave danger rescuing Leia not once, but twice, isn't that going to send off signals to Darth Vader the importance of Leia?

[Reply]
notorious 11:50 AM 06-10-2022

They were being boarded by a pissed-off Vader after a heated battle.

She has ice water running through her veins.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:01 PM 06-10-2022
I don't have a problem with the Reva character (the actress) because the acting in this show is kind of shitty overall and she doesn't stand out as especially bad to me. Ewan McGregor is really good at pretending to be Alec Guinness. Indira Varma (Tala Dunth) is good. Joel Edgerton (Owan Lars) did a good job. Everybody else is just stumbling through poorly written dialogue or hamming it up. Still annoyed by lollipop headed baby Leia running around like she's wearing a diaper though. The girl doesn't act well, her dialogue is crap, and she was badly miscast.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Still annoyed by lollipop headed baby Leia running around like she's wearing a diaper though. The girl doesn't act well, her dialogue is crap, and she was badly miscast.
Wow. Interesting how people can disagree.

I think she's an absolutely perfect lil Leia. Puts every other child actor in the series to shame.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:58 PM 06-10-2022
Yeah, don't get the hate. Those scenes where she was getting chased were fucking awful, but that's on the director, not the actor.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:26 PM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:

I take it Vader knows from the third sister that it was Organa’s daughter that was kidnapped. One would expect a continued effort to rescue a senator’s daughter. And Vader also knows how the Jedi can’t seem to help themselves in matters such as these and will keep going until the mission is complete.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:39 PM 06-10-2022
Finally watched episode 4. Young Leia has grown on me a bit, but still can’t stand Reva’s character.

That “interrogation” was cringe.

Obi-Wan was great this episode.

Vader stole the show in the last min or so per usual.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:41 AM 06-11-2022
Wow. Interesting how people can disagree.

I think she's an absolutely perfect lil Leia. Puts every other child actor in the series to shame.
She'd be great playing a 5 or 6 year old Leia.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:42 AM 06-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, don't get the hate. Those scenes where she was getting chased were fucking awful, but that's on the director, not the actor.
The only thing I fault her for is not being a very good actress. Everything else is on the people who created this show.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 54
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up