ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 61
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Bowser 01:50 PM 07-23-2016
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 01:50 PM 07-23-2016
Not going to lie - Hardee's sounds pretty tasty right now even though listo is mocking the food and those that eat it. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Not going to lie - Hardee's sounds pretty tasty right now even though listo is mocking the food and those that eat it. :-)
My wife picked up Carl's jr. earlier this week for her and the kids and apparently, it was underwhelming to say the least.

Everyone thought that Jack in the Box was much, much better and that Carl's didn't even touch Wendy's in terms of flavor and freshness (especially the fries).

It's always so strange to me how mediocre fast food restaurants always stay in business.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:58 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My wife picked up Carl's jr. earlier this week for her and the kids and apparently, it was underwhelming to say the least.

Everyone thought that Jack in the Box was much, much better and that Carl's didn't even touch Wendy's in terms of flavor and freshness (especially the fries).

It's always so strange to me how mediocre fast food restaurants always stay in business.
I like Hardee's for their Frisco burger. That's about all I ever get there. I agree that Wendy's is much better. It's been so long since I've had JitB that I can't even comment, lol.

Fast food is like an addiction - people just make those mental connections in their heads to keep going back to it. The food sucks probably 4 times out of 5, no matter where you get it from, but it's quick and convenient and people are lazy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:11 PM 07-23-2016

JitB is a weird case. For the longest, they were the source for cheap eats that were the bridge between White Castle dreck and run of the mill fast food [McD, Hardees, BK, Wendys].

In the past year or so, they've revamped their menu with oddly intriguing options, but they like tripled, . . . maybe more, their prices.

A breakfast burrito or run of the mill burger with both cost upwards of $5-5.50, putting them pricewise in between run-of-the-mill and a sit down like Red Robin instead.

Don't know that they've upped the quality to merit the price increase as I still just go there for value menu stuff like Jumbo Jack and tacos.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:12 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I like Hardee's for their Frisco burger. That's about all I ever get there. I agree that Wendy's is much better. It's been so long since I've had JitB that I can't even comment, lol.

Fast food is like an addiction - people just make those mental connections in their heads to keep going back to it. The food sucks probably 4 times out of 5, no matter where you get it from, but it's quick and convenient and people are lazy.
Best thing Hardee's had, at least in terms of distinguishing them from the competition, was the bread and burger pickles on the $6 burger. I had them put those on everything I ordered from them.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:20 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
JitB is a weird case. For the longest, they were the source for cheap eats that were the bridge between White Castle dreck and run of the mill fast food [McD, Hardees, BK, Wendys].

In the past year or so, they've revamped their menu with oddly intriguing options, but they like tripled, . . . maybe more, their prices.

A breakfast burrito or run of the mill burger with both cost upwards of $5-5.50, putting them pricewise in between run-of-the-mill and a sit down like Red Robin instead.

Don't know that they've upped the quality to merit the price increase as I still just go there for value menu stuff like Jumbo Jack and tacos.

In my dinky little town JitB had the best fast food but it was always slightly more expensive than the rest of the places. In the last 5-7 years all of the prices have normalized for all of the places and none of it tastes very good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Our local Jack has always been a high quality fast food restaurant, with their breakfast options the best around, IMO, with biscuits, croissants, grilled sandwiches and burritos.

Jack's Spicy Chicken, Sourdough Jack and Chicken Club along with the tacos have always been good "go to" sandwiches but I've found their current offerings, like the mushroom Swiss burger, siracha burger and others, to be fairly underwhelming. IMO, they should stick to what serves them best instead of trying to put out a product that sounds good in theory but lacks the execution.

We'll only have Jack for another two years, as it's being replaced with a new 12 story hotel in 2018. The real estate is too valuable for a fast food joint. After that, I doubt I'll drive 20 minutes each way just to pick up their food.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:54 PM 07-23-2016

Wendys fries are good but since they are larger than other fast food fries they tend to come out under cooked for me at least most of the time.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:14 PM 07-23-2016
Rally's and Checkers are now disgusting. I hadn't been to one in maybe 12 yrs. They used to be decent. It would take my driving through western Kansas for hours w/o a food spot aside from Checker's for me to ever eat there again.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:29 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Hardee's is never as good as it seems like it should be. I feel like it should be on the upper tier of fast food but in reality the food is entirely forgettable.

I do like the mushroom and swiss buts that's even a shadow of what it used to be.
Agreed
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:35 PM 07-23-2016
They used to have excellent chili dogs, it was a sad day for me when they took those away
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:35 PM 07-23-2016
I just can't bring myself to eat fast food hamburgers anymore. I used to eat a bunch of Mickey D's cheeseburgers when I was a kid and didn't know any better but man all of those fast food burgers suck balls, (McDonalds,Wendys,Burger King, and Hardees.)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:36 PM 07-23-2016
Does anyone remember Zips? That place had the best chili and curly fries in the world, this was late 80's early 90's.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:51 PM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I just can't bring myself to eat fast food hamburgers anymore. I used to eat a bunch of Mickey D's cheeseburgers when I was a kid and didn't know any better but man all of those fast food burgers suck balls, (McDonalds,Wendys,Burger King, and Hardees.)
Checkers was levels below even McDonalds. It was a horrible dining experience.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 61
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up