ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 140
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159
Frankie 01:17 PM 07-31-2011
Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :-)

http://news.yahoo.com/cheers-screams...185128270.html

GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) — Officials say a U.S. team is expected soon in the South American nation of Guyana to probe the crash of a Boeing 737 jetliner that all 163 people aboard survived.

Authorities so far have given little idea about the cause of Saturday's crash. The Caribbean Airlines plane ran off the end of a runway at Guyana's main airport and broke in two. About 30 people had to be treated at a local hospital, including the pilot.

The airline is largely owned by the government of Trinidad and Tobago and its prime minister has visited the crash site. Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she is worried that the accident will hurt tourism to the Caribbean, a region that depends heavily on the industry.
[Reply]
loochy 03:30 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
The 159 is silly and the 167 is gochiefs type trolling~
He's probably just adding a 1 in front of the real score. 59 and 67 seem about right.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:33 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
The 159 is silly and the 167 is gochiefs type trolling~
Perhaps Frankie's defintion of IQ differs from the norm?
Iranian Quotient?
[Reply]
Donger 03:34 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Perhaps Frankie's defintion of IQ differs from the norm?
Iranian Quotient?

[Reply]
4th and Long 03:40 PM 08-03-2011
Even Chuck Norris is scared of Frankie.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:40 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Bwana:
One point away from being a Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking – IQ = 160

Stephen is a British theoretical physicist, whose world-renowned scientific career spans over 40 years. His books and public appearances have made him an academic celebrity and he is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.

Hawking’s key scientific works to date have included providing, with Roger Penrose, theorems regarding singularities in the framework of general relativity, and the theoretical prediction that black holes should emit radiation, which is today known as Hawking radiation (or sometimes as Bekenstein-Hawking radiation).
Wow, I did not realize that. I know that as you compare IQ's over about 125 or so there is a remarkable difference in as little as a five point spread, but I thought Hawking's score would be higher. Just goes to show you that IQ score is not the "be and end all" of intelligence rating.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:48 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Just goes to show you that IQ score is not the "be and end all" of intelligence rating.
I think this thread is proof of that.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
listopencil 04:02 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I think this thread is proof of that.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

That's not the only issue. I was tested primarily with the Stanford-Binet 3rd edition, the SBL-M, in grades two through seven. There are a number of tests available and they aren't necessarily more accurate as they are "upgraded". Also the Flynn effect is not equally pronounced through all ranges, and interpretation of the effect is subjective.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 04:25 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by blaise:
There have been planes where part of the roof came off during flight. An Aloha Airlines flight had that happen.
That's what started the aging aircraft mod,which I've worked alot of them. 727s,747s 737s opening up all the skin laps and inspecting for corrosion, cutting out corrosion damage and repairing skin laps.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:23 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by ChiefsNow:
That's what started the aging aircraft mod,which I've worked alot of them. 727s,747s 737s opening up all the skin laps and inspecting for corrosion, cutting out corrosion damage and repairing skin laps.
Its good you know how to work on used Boeing craft as it doesn't appear they will be selling many new ones. WTH is happening out there?
[Reply]
Donger 05:28 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Its good you know how to work on used Boeing craft as it doesn't appear they will be selling many new ones. WTH is happening out there?
Yes, but the number of older aircraft in need to extensive repair will soon increase two-fold.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:18 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, but the number of older aircraft in need to extensive repair will soon increase two-fold.
I'm just not feeling good about the ass whipping Airbus gave Boeing at the airshow. Airbus is pounding the shit out of the red white and blue.
[Reply]
Brock 06:21 PM 08-03-2011
Boeing is probably being punished for their repeated fuckups on the 787. This stuff happened because they decided to outsource a lot of the work to other companies all over the place and then were surprised to find that the work wasn't getting done right or on time.
[Reply]
Frankie 06:32 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay, but are YOU really convinced that your IQ is 159? You really believe that you are in the 99.995 percentile?

That means that you are really, REALLY smart, BTW.
Not really. Jill St. John and Dolph Lundgren have higher IQs than I.

http://knol.google.com/k/iq-scores-o...t-and-present#
[Reply]
KCHawg 06:35 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Mensa:
Not really. Jill St. John and Dolph Lundgren have higher IQs than I.

http://knol.google.com/k/iq-scores-o...t-and-present#

And that one bag of hammers at Home Depot...
[Reply]
Frankie 06:36 PM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by loochy:
Frankie counted to infinity - twice.
:-)
This line I had not heard before so I'll give you credit for making funny.

You're welcome looney looch.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 140
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up