ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
staylor26 09:07 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It really is woke af, but I'm still being entertained. I really could have done without the Splinter in the sauna scene, though (you'll thank me for that spoiler if you haven't seen it, btw).

The way I look at it, Sister Sage is the focus of the "woke af" in this season, and I just look at her like the antagonist of Season 4 so far. She's an annoying racist twat that's easy to root against, so there you go. And like crazykirk said, of course a show like this is going to show gratuitous homosexuality and swinging dick moments for the shock value, but how do you not know that about this show going into it, especially with Garth Enis and Seth Rogan at the helm? They pushed all that as far as they could on AMC with Preacher, now they have carte blanche to let all their freak flags fly. It is what it is.

And I have a massive crush on Karen Fukuhara. Damn.
Not complaining about the show being woke at all.

Frenchie's gay romance storyline is just unnecessary. Every fucking show needs one these days apparently.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:43 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not complaining about the show being woke at all.

Frenchie's gay romance storyline is just unnecessary. Every fucking show needs one these days apparently.
No argument here. I legit thought he and Kimiko were actually a thing. It was eye roll inducing when they introduced this angle.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No argument here. I legit thought he and Kimiko were actually a thing. It was eye roll inducing when they introduced this angle.
Yea, they've been doing the "will they/won't they" with him and Kimiko from the beginning, so that doesn't help either.

Finished the 2nd and 3rd episodes. Thought they were both better than the first.

I also think Hughie's storyline with his dad (and mom now) was annoying too. Couldn't care less.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:24 AM 06-15-2024
I can deal with the awful political BS and even the gay stuff. I just take my pee break when that shit comes on.

The thing that's tough to get past is Starlight's face. Holy cow. She got butchered.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I can deal with the awful political BS and even the gay stuff. I just take my pee break when that shit comes on.

The thing that's tough to get past is Starlight's face. Holy cow. She got butchered.
It's definitely distracting. The irony of being insecure and getting plastic surgery that looks terrible when you were beautiful before. I will never understand this phenomenon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:12 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:

Yeah, I was hopeful that it was just a bad picture when the stuff popped off over socials earlier this year, but no such luck. It’s too bad.

I’m enjoying the new season; it seems stronger than season 2 so far. The shit at the ice rink was hilarious.

Feels like they’re pulling more serious drama out this year. Looking at some core traumas that drove the characters. I think that’s the point of the stuff with Hughie’s dad. Let him dig into his mom trauma/abandonment issues.

Seems like that might be a theme of the season. They’ve given Butcher and Newman moments of that, as well, and have teased at it with Homelander.

Also…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:09 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I was hopeful that it was just a bad picture when the stuff popped off over socials earlier this year, but no such luck. It’s too bad.

I’m enjoying the new season; it seems stronger than season 2 so far. The shit at the ice rink was hilarious.

Feels like they’re pulling more serious drama out this year. Looking at some core traumas that drove the characters. I think that’s the point of the stuff with Hughie’s dad. Let him dig into his mom trauma/abandonment issues.

Seems like that might be a theme of the season. They’ve given Butcher and Newman moments of that, as well, and have teased at it with Homelander.

Also…
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 09:47 AM 06-16-2024

Also…
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:12 PM 06-18-2024
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 02:19 PM 06-15-2024
Gay stuff can be done right, and sometimes to spectacular fashion.

The time Termite sneezed and blew up the dude from inside his penis was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

Creative writing to the max. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gay stuff can be done right, and sometimes to spectacular fashion.

The time Termite sneezed and blew up the dude from inside his penis was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

Creative writing to the max. :-)
Humor is MUCH different from romance.
[Reply]
notorious 02:30 PM 06-15-2024
Humor is MUCH different from romance.
Truth. The Boys has earned enough line for me to let it slide, though.

I have not watched any of season 4 though.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Truth. The Boys has earned enough line for me to let it slide, though.

I have not watched any of season 4 though.
Me too. I just hate this idea that you can't complain about something while still enjoying it (that's not directed at you).
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:41 AM 06-16-2024
Me too. I just hate this idea that you can't complain about something while still enjoying it (that's not directed at you).
LOL

No... you just can't complain that something was "random" when it has been shown to you several times and you simply failed to pick up on it.

For context:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=428

[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up