ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 37
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
patteeu 08:55 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
There are plenty of other Chiefs boards and other social media sites these days. Instead of trying to make this one just like all the others, why not just try them out?
Coach 09:05 PM 10-08-2020
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
I thought the number would be low, and I feel that it wouldn't impact negatively in terms of the traffic the board gets. And I agree with you that it probably would make the board a better place.

Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
Wouldn't surprise me. As I mentioned, I am not privy to those conversations, but if I may ask, what were the pros and cons of said discussion? Us general users who aren't moderators/administrators don't know of the conversations that was discussed/held.

I'm not being snarky or anything like that, just genuine asking. Like for example, when it was mentioned about the Feds getting involved on a incident, I'm sure it caused a lot of anxiety for you guys? I can imagine that doing away DC would alleviate some of potentional problems there?

I'm just trying to throw out solutions.
Bwana 08:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I would be very curious to see how much % of the posters the board would lose if the powers-to-be decided to remove the DC, while maintaining the current zero-tolerance policy on political posts on the lounge. Basically just do away from politics.

I don't think it will kill the traffic, because this board has a lot of users. But I am aware that I don't have the evidence or numbers to prove that theory, and I am not privy to the conversations the mods/admins if they ever discussed that scenario.

It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
WhiteWhale 08:57 PM 10-08-2020
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over things like my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile than the main forum back when KC was bad... or when every thread turned into an arguement about alex smith.

Hell, last year I bailed because this forum had a huge chris jones hate squad insisting he was THE problem with the defense.

Its annoying to argue with a dozen people all barfing out that kind of dumbassary
Rams Fan 08:58 PM 10-08-2020
Those people should be restricted as DC scum.

There’s also some who don’t contribute at all and don’t run away to their board without letting one contribute (looking at some one who’s username is similar to JacoTohn).
htismaqe 08:59 PM 10-08-2020
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.
Shiver Me Timbers 09:46 PM 10-08-2020
.............. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
:-)
Frazod 08:31 PM 10-08-2020
Wow, this thread took a turn. :-)

Can't believe that shit about Reerun. Jesus. You'd think somebody dealing with VIPs of that level (regardless of whether or not they're pieces of shit) would know better than to talk about specifics. At all.
htismaqe 08:31 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Wow, this thread took a turn. :-)

Can't believe that shit about Reerun. Jesus. You'd think somebody dealing with VIPs of that level (regardless of whether or not they're pieces of shit) would know better than to talk about specifics. At all.
No shit.
Pablo 08:36 PM 10-08-2020
Think we can all agree Tom Brady is a pedophile that deserves to fucking die.
GloryDayz 09:02 PM 10-08-2020
All of this division will lead to the great healing of 'Murica...

As for it happening on a sports board, since the primary employees of "sports" are so politically active and expressive, it's not much of a stretch to see it cascade into the fans.
OnTheWarpath15 09:05 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
All of this division will lead to the great healing of 'Murica...

As for it happening on a sports board, since the primary employees of "sports" are so politically active and expressive, it's not much of a stretch to see it cascade into the fans.
Or not.

Of all the sports message boards I’m active on, this is the only one that has a political subforum.

This shit has been enabled for decades.
GloryDayz 09:08 PM 10-08-2020
Or not.

Of all the sports message boards I’m active on, this is the only one that has a political subforum.

This shit has been enabled for decades.
Well if this bothers you, go back to one of the other boards and discuss the shape of sports employee's cleats.
St. Patty's Fire 09:10 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well if this bothers you, go back to one of the other boards and discuss the shape of sports employee's cleats.
You’re so fucking stupid lmao
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
You’re so fucking stupid lmao
You're being an ass. Tap-Out acknowledged.
Page 28 of 37
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up