ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:37 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Because not all of us are from Kansas City. I'm from SW Missouri, I became a fan of the Chiefs because they were in Missouri. After 30 years it's not a deal breaker anymore, but it was when I was 10.

So what the fuck is the difference? I live in boonville Western Kansas and I became a fan of the Chiefs because I went to the stadium when I was 17 and fell in love with the Kansas City Chiefs. We lost that day but everything was great . SO WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL THAN ME?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:48 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Because not all of us are from Kansas City. I'm from SW Missouri, I became a fan of the Chiefs because they were in Missouri. After 30 years it's not a deal breaker anymore, but it was when I was 10.
Only a Tard fails to realize nearly 1/2 the metro is over in Kansas
[Reply]
stevieray 07:49 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sure whatever you need to tell yourself
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:12 AM 05-02-2022
The kind of people that wouldn't go to a Chiefs game because it is on the other side of the state line are the exact kind of people I would rather not have go to a Chiefs game.

Imagine if we were trying to decide where to build Arrowhead and someone suggested Raytown at the 435 and I-70 interchange.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:58 AM 05-02-2022
I became a Chiefs fan when they named their current stadium GEHA, cause I'm a huge GEHA fan and even have a GEHA tattoo (G-E-H-A across the knuckles of my right hand).

I dont care if they move to KS but if they drop GEHA I'll stop following the NFL.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:23 AM 05-02-2022
I guess I understand being opposed to the move from a tailgating perspective. I think it's highly unlikely anywhere else will have the giant sprawl of parking lots that has created that environment. (Not that I think tailgating will go away at all, but just that it won't be as much of a spectacle.)

Beyond that? Hard for me to really care. Arrowhead is great, but it's obviously getting pretty old at this point. Whatever they decide to do won't bother me either way.
[Reply]
srvy 09:37 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The kind of people that wouldn't go to a Chiefs game because it is on the other side of the state line are the exact kind of people I would rather not have go to a Chiefs game.

Imagine if we were trying to decide where to build Arrowhead and someone suggested Raytown at the 435 and I-70 interchange.
I would laugh at you because Raytown doesn't intersect with I-435 and I-70 anywhere.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:12 AM 05-02-2022

The 435-70 interchange is nowhere near Raytown. And there's lots of great folks who live in Raytown. I have many friends there.

The state of Missouri will never allow a second team to leave. You can bet on that. I also bet you live in Johnson County, which offers NOTHING to the greater community in terms of Sports. JOCO people just use stuff other people paid to build, then bitch about it. Put up or shut up.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:38 AM 05-02-2022

I'm personally in favor of anything that keeps cunts like you going to a Chiefs game.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:47 AM 05-02-2022
I mean, the northwest edge of Raytown is like 2 miles from the stadium, right off "Raytown" Road... it's not like ya'll are talking about the difference between KCK and Liberty.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:54 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess I understand being opposed to the move from a tailgating perspective. I think it's highly unlikely anywhere else will have the giant sprawl of parking lots that has created that environment. (Not that I think tailgating will go away at all, but just that it won't be as much of a spectacle.)

Beyond that? Hard for me to really care. Arrowhead is great, but it's obviously getting pretty old at this point. Whatever they decide to do won't bother me either way.
Yeah, Chiefs games are all day events, so I've never really cared about having a ton to do around the stadium (but would certainly take advantage). I think moving the Royals makes more sense, then the Chiefs could find something creative for the space taken up by the baseball stadium.

I do really like the setups in Phoenix... Chase Field being downtown and close to food and other stuff, while being very easy to get in and out. And then football and hockey in Glendale with a large entertainment district.

When the Chiefs visit, I can get a hotel across the street from the stadium, never leave a ~3 block area for food, ax throwing, bowling, etc... walk to and from the game. While I love the Arrowhead experience, I wouldn't despise a similar change in 10 years if it came to that.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:56 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The 435-70 interchange is nowhere near Raytown. And there's lots of great folks who live in Raytown. I have many friends there.

The state of Missouri will never allow a second team to leave. You can bet on that. I also bet you live in Johnson County, which offers NOTHING to the greater community in terms of Sports. JOCO people just use stuff other people paid to build, then bitch about it. Put up or shut up.
That's nice to think, but not a reality IMO. We shall see.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:01 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I'm not sure the relevance to what I posted, but all right. I mean, the whole point of my post was I knew Kansas City was split between Kansas and Missouri, and it mattered to me which side the Chiefs were on.
[Reply]
burt 12:18 PM 05-02-2022
MEEEEEE!!!!! I live in Raytowna Beach!!!! I have great neighbors and get to see awesome fly overs before Chiefs games.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:49 PM 05-02-2022

Raytown is next to the stadium. My grandma lived in Raytown I've been there a thousand times.

By the way there's lots of great folks who live all over the city. Even in Kansas shocker. This is such a dumbass thread. If Arrowhead needs to move it should move to the easiest most accessible place with space for tailgating. It's a hell of a lot easier to get to the speedway area.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up