Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Angel already has a huge following behind her and that's only going to grow because of her personality. She could be similar to Rodman with better scoring imo. Clark is talented but one could argue that she's not even the best white prospect in women's college basketball because Paige Bueckers is a huge talent in her own right and has beaten Clark in a head to head matchup before.
It will be interesting to see if her growing popularity translates to the WNBA because professional women's sports struggle to draw an audience. Perhaps it will and be a catalyst for improving WNBA viewership. I do know a lot of the USWNT players are well known, but if you polled anyone besides the most diehard women's soccer fans they could not tell you what professional team they play for.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:19 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

It has to be racist!

After all, it was Clark (and I'm a Hawkeye fan) that first threw that shade at SC. Anybody that is following this and is reasonable at all understands what happened and WHY it happened.

It's a complete nothing-burger - players trash talk all the time. I had to remind Chiefs fans on FB that even Mahomes talks trash like that - remember the 4 finger deal?

Clark started it (and I still think she's awesome) and LSU responded in kind. This is big time sports and they're going to act like big time players.
All of this. Also let's not forget Mahomes counting to ten after a TD throw in Chicago a few years back. I guess I am struggling to see what the big deal is with what that LSU player did.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 04-03-2023
If Mahomes wasn't a Chief...you'd have half of the people in this thread pissed at him because he needs to "shut up and just play football".
[Reply]
wazu 11:21 AM 04-03-2023
Sorry, but nothing Mahomes has done in the field of trash talk compares. Maybe if after the Super Bowl he ran up to Jalen Hurts and shoved his ring finger in Jalen's face. But he didn't, because that would be classless.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:23 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Sorry, but nothing Mahomes has done in the field of trash talk compares. Maybe if after the Super Bowl he ran up to Jalen Hurts and shoved his ring finger in Jalen's face. But he didn't, because that would be classless.
BS, What Mahomes does is exactly the same. If any other player did the same thing on the field and did not wear a chiefs uniform people would bitch about his cockiness as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
"Burrowhead my ass!"
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
"Burrowhead my ass!"
That was Kelce but it's the same thing. I wonder why Kelce doesn't catch hate? I wonder.....
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That was Kelce but it's the same thing. I wonder why Kelce doesn't catch hate? I wonder.....
Maybe not from Chiefs fans, but to be fair, he definitely caught hate nationally.

Ultimately, I don't have a problem with the taunting stuff, but it was definitely a step above a lot of the comparisons people are making here.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 04-03-2023
The best comparison for what happened in this situation was what Antoine Winfield did to Tyreek.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:41 AM 04-03-2023
ESPN just released an article saying it is a race issue.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:42 AM 04-03-2023
I bet she could take Floyd Mayweather in a fight.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:43 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Kelce got roasted nationally.

But the Bengals opened that door by saying Burrowhead. So I didn't care if he celebrated.

But following a player around the court is just bizarre behavior.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:43 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best comparison for what happened in this situation was what Antoine Winfield did to Tyreek.
Still a bad comparison because there was still more than 3 minutes left in the game.

Reese did it with 10 seconds left.

I have no problem with it but get why people would be annoyed given the timing. Winners get to write the rules, though.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Still a bad comparison because there was still more than 3 minutes left in the game.

Reese did it with 10 seconds left.

I have no problem with it but get why people would be annoyed given the timing. Winners get to write the rules, though.
:-)

I'm talking about the act. Who gives a fuck how much time was left in the game?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:46 AM 04-03-2023
400+ posts on women's college basketball?
CP is softening.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 160
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up