View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 279 of 343
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
1000%.

And this is why Brown won't be a Chief next year. Andy Reid HATES keeping skill players in to block.
I hope you're right.

Right now, I'm pretty pessimistic about it.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:06 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So you think that benching the best 2 OT that we have to teach them a lesson is not more apt to get Mahomes injured? That would be putting Mahomes at more risk.
Since we have all watched these turds for far to long now how could anymore think their backups would not be worse and that they opposing team would not try and take advantage of that situation.
Depends on who's opinion of "best" you're considering. Do I think Christian and Niang are better than Brown and Wylie? Yes, I do.

Do I think Brown is playing out of regard for his contract and the trade and not because he is the best option? Yes.

Do I think Wylie is playing for continuity and not because he is the best option? Yes.

Ultimately, it's up to Reid to make changes. The necessity is slapping him in the face and he's ignored it. Reid is not without faults, and loyalty and desire for continuity on the O-Line are among them.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:13 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Depends on who's opinion of "best" you're considering. Do I think Christian and Niang are better than Brown and Wylie? Yes, I do.

Do I think Brown is playing out of regard for his contract and the trade and not because he is the best option? Yes.

Do I think Wylie is playing for continuity and not because he is the best option? Yes.

Ultimately, it's up to Reid to make changes. The necessity is slapping him in the face and he's ignored it. Reid is not without faults, and loyalty and desire for continuity on the O-Line are among them.
Spot on.

It’s goddamn infuriating.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 12-12-2022
looks like we're stuck with him :-)

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:16 PM 12-12-2022
Mahomes was running around in circles avoiding pressure and pulling off magic tricks. Orlando still sucks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:27 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Mahomes was running around in circles avoiding pressure and pulling off magic tricks. Orlando still sucks.
He was, but that was various people getting beat, including Creed.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:28 PM 12-12-2022
This is what I remember also. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 02:53 PM 12-12-2022
Especially when the DE's took wide splits. Look at 2 of Mahomes' Int's. He was not comfortable in the pocket at all. Both of our starting Tackles are TRASH. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 03:26 PM 12-12-2022
Orlando has justifiably been criticized but guys come on. Plays like this are always on the QB. It doesn’t matter how good your OL is. If you hold the ball more than 5 seconds you’re gonna get hit like that 95% of the time.

OL did it’s job on this one

One thing about @PatrickMahomes... the play ain't over until he says it is.#ProBowlVote | #WPMOYChallenge pic.twitter.com/iiMXlGw4XQ

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) December 11, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 03:42 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
looks like we're stuck with him :-)

He leads the NFL in pressures allowed for OTs and Wylie is 2nd.

The fact he simply can’t block good speed rushers is a massive concern because teams are going to load up on speed guys to try to slow down our offense. Especially if we give Orlando a long term extension.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:59 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Especially when the DE's took wide splits. Look at 2 of Mahomes' Int's. He was not comfortable in the pocket at all. Both of our starting Tackles are TRASH. :-)
I'm not keen on paying OBJ AT ALL, but he's clearly not trash. I mean, not even you believe that.

Why are Chief Fans so ****ing stupid?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:08 PM 12-12-2022
How soon some of us forget last week and the Bills game horrible play. Guess they get a pass on their performances in the 2 largest stages this season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:12 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
How soon some of us forget last week and the Bills game horrible play. Guess they get a pass on their performances in the 2 largest stages this season.
Yep, the dude is average but many are trying to convince themselves that he's a Franchise LT.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:11 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not keen on paying OBJ AT ALL, but he's clearly not trash. I mean, not even you believe that.

He'd make a fantastic guard. Probably HOF caliber. Too bad, really.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:24 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

I'm so glad that he turned down decent left tackle money last year. No freaking way he gets close to that deal and no way we tag him again.

If you think he's been playing well this year then I don't know what to tell you. He either gets ran over being bull rushed or whiffs on the speed.

He's not who he was last year and I don't know why.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 343
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329 > Last »
Up