ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 432
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:36 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

And the Alabama cops/district attorney somehow came together and found a way not to charge Alabama's best player (and one of the best players in the country) for anything on this. Interesting.

Why should Miller be charged? It wasn’t his weapon and he didn’t fire it. What law did he break? In order to charge someone they need to be shown they participated knowingly in a crime.

Bringing a guy his gun when he asks for it isn’t a crime. What happens afterward isn’t Miller’s fault UNLESS he knew what the plan was.

I know you’re Canadian but ‘Murican law is clear
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Bringing a guy his gun when he asks for it isn’t a crime. What happens afterward isn’t Miller’s fault UNLESS he knew what the plan was.
I'm no criminal lawyer, but this is certainly correct. Of course, I might suggest it might be a bit naïve to believe Miller had no idea about what the guy wanted to use the gun for.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:48 PM 02-21-2023
ISU is currently embarrassing itself in Austin right now. We'll need help from Baylor on Saturday.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:01 PM 02-21-2023
Why should Miller be charged? It wasn’t his weapon and he didn’t fire it. What law did he break? In order to charge someone they need to be shown they participated knowingly in a crime.

So, I live in Tuscaloosa (quit PhD in Alabama and work remote) and this happened about 3-4 miles from were I live.

From my understanding, while I don't believe Miller did anything illegal regarding the gun, the one thing I do believe him culpable of is that his car blocked the car that the victim was in from leaving the street where the shooting transpired. If the street where this happened is where I think it is, there's a bunch of one way streets around where this street is and you'd have to be either stupid or intentional to block someone from leaving.

That may not be illegal, but if it was deliberate, I don't know if that's illegal, but still not good.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 PM 02-21-2023

I agree with you but you have to admit it's super shady.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:49 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I agree with you but you have to admit it's super shady.
At the very least dumb AF.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:13 AM 02-22-2023
So his car was blocking the victim’s car, but people are buying the “he was just returning someone’s property” line?

Yeah….good call.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So his car was blocking the victim’s car, but people are buying the “he was just returning someone’s property” line?

Yeah….good call.
I also read that his car had a couple bullet holes in it too, but he didn’t report anything. Not sure how accurate that is.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:37 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
So, I live in Tuscaloosa (quit PhD in Alabama and work remote) and this happened about 3-4 miles from were I live.

From my understanding, while I don't believe Miller did anything illegal regarding the gun, the one thing I do believe him culpable of is that his car blocked the car that the victim was in from leaving the street where the shooting transpired. If the street where this happened is where I think it is, there's a bunch of one way streets around where this street is and you'd have to be either stupid or intentional to block someone from leaving.

That may not be illegal, but if it was deliberate, I don't know if that's illegal, but still not good.

As the famous line in Training Day says: “it’s not what you know it’s what you can prove”. This stuff is all circumstantial without Miller’s admission of guilt, or some very hard proof he was a co-conspirator. We aren’t charging people with major felonies for what we *think* could be possibly connected

Is it shady? IDK that, even. In any case Miller was not arrested nor charged by prosecutors so he should be allowed to play. Allowed full societal rights in fact.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:11 AM 02-22-2023
Is he more or less connected to the wrong place at the wrong time than Ray Lewis?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:29 AM 02-22-2023
Kinda yeah. Since the cops couldn’t find lewis’ clothing or the knife they can’t charge him with anything. His buddies did buy a knife that week which implicated them but even then, you can’t charge for murder unless you’ve got clear evidence
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:47 AM 02-22-2023
As the famous line in Training Day says: “it’s not what you know it’s what you can prove”. This stuff is all circumstantial without Miller’s admission of guilt, or some very hard proof he was a co-conspirator. We aren’t charging people with major felonies for what we *think* could be possibly connected

Is it shady? IDK that, even. In any case Miller was not arrested nor charged by prosecutors so he should be allowed to play. Allowed full societal rights in fact.
Playing basketball for Alabama or even being enrolled at Alabama isn't a right... I'm sure they have their own code of conduct to consider that goes a step or three beyond "don't be charged with felony" and could be as broad as "don't get involved in stupid shit that could reflect poorly on Bama".

(not that I'm reading their code of conduct just to figure out if he's in violation of it)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:54 AM 02-22-2023

Let me preface with that I'm not a lawyer.

I understand that Miller wasn't charged, and since he wasn't charged that means the prosecutors don't believe that they can show a jury that Miller did anything illegal beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty of violating any laws leading to a conviction.

However, playing basketball for Alabama isn't a right and it's a privilege. I'm not saying he should never play basketball again nor be forbade from normal societal rights. However, again, I believe Miller was at least culpable for promoting an unsafe situation in that he blocked that car that the victim was in. His car was hit by two bullets, I believe, as well. Players miss games all the time for missing curfew or breaking arbitrary team rules. You don't think Miller shouldn't miss any time or at least take time to learn why what he did was a poor decision?

Shit, this isn't even just applying to basketball, but to other sports as well. Alabama's (former) DC was arrested over the summer for a DUI and to my knowledge didn't miss any games. Mac Jones was arrested for a DUI and he, to my knowledge, didn't miss time either.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:00 PM 02-22-2023
I suspect if the alums want him out, he won’t play. If they don’t he prob stays. They likely support whatever Saban wanted in the FB situations
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:32 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Yeah….good call.
Well apparently the cops/lawyers involved in handing out charges here did. My suspicion would be the fact he is the most important player by far on a national championship favorite might have had something to do with their belief in his story.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 432
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289329379 > Last »
Up