ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2789 of 4911
« First < 1789228926892739277927852786278727882789 279027912792279327992839288932893789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:03 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I will celebrate like when they gave Donald Stephenson big money if they trade for Cousins or Jimmy G.

The best move is to draft a QB and either play him right away or play a stopgap vet for a year MAX.

Everything else they do benefits their competitors.

Shhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:14 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I thought Paton was thinking two years ahead last year and made all of his moves last year with the knowledge that he’d be getting Rodgers this year.

Are you admitting that Paton isn’t special and is just making moves on a year by year basis coupled with long term salary cap planning like all GMs do?
It ain't over yet. It's obvious that Paton has had his eyes on Rodgers. This contract stuff with Green Bay should've been wrapped up already, the longer it takes the more likely the #PatonPlan will come to fruition.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:15 PM 03-02-2022
Brandt still thinks #HeGone

If @AaronRodgers12 returns to #GoPackGo this fall and gets a new contract, what does that deal look like?@AndrewBrandt discussed with guest host @RyanDLeaf today:#NFL #NFLCombine pic.twitter.com/6uvSei9SRd

— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) March 2, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 06:23 PM 03-02-2022
Meanwhile, in reality:

Aaron Rodgers Had 'Significant Role' in Packers Hiring of QB Coach, per Matt LaFleur

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-matt-lafleur
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:32 PM 03-02-2022
Actual quite by Brandt.

"I have no inside knowledge on this from Aaron or the team, and deliberately refrain from reaching out"
[Reply]
staylor26 06:37 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Actual quite by Brandt.

"I have no inside knowledge on this from Aaron or the team, and deliberately refrain from reaching out"
Exactly. Meanwhile, everybody at the combine actually talking to people around the league are saying otherwise.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:41 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I will celebrate like when they gave Donald Stephenson big money if they trade for Cousins or Jimmy G.
I think the only thing that would make me celebrate this off season would be signing Von.

It would return some pass rush to KC and break Denver's heart at the same time...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:53 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. Meanwhile, everybody at the combine actually talking to people around the league are saying otherwise.
They're all talking to the Packers. Who desperately want him to come back. Matt LaFleur is especially desperate.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
They're all talking to the Packers. Who desperately want him to come back. Matt LaFleur is especially desperate.
WRONG

Originally Posted by :
"Based on all of my conversations over the last several weeks, whether it’s close to the Packers organization or people close to Rodgers, they still feel like the momentum is decisively leaning toward Aaron Rodgers returning to Green Bay. This goes back to the day that they hired Tom Clements as the quarterbacks coach. That was the big one here. That was the first shoe to drop, essentially saying the Packers are going to do the things that Aaron Rodgers wants to happen.

“Everybody I’ve talked to says the conversations since the end of the season have been positive and optimistic. If they get Davante Adams done, I believe there will be reassurances that Randall Cobb will be done. And of course the contract, which the Packers also are willing to adjust to make Rodgers happy. As long as this thing doesn’t go sideways, this still feels to me that Aaron Rodgers will return tot he Packers.”

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:00 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
WRONG
Then why isn't it done? If everything is roses, what is taking so long?

The Packers had this offseason all planned out months ago. This should be simple to resolve if both parties are motivated to get a deal done.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:15 PM 03-02-2022
Then why isn't it done? If everything is roses, what is taking so long? done
They probably are just trying to see if they can make you pee blood.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:24 PM 03-02-2022

The Packers had this offseason all planned out months ago. This should be simple to resolve if both parties are motivated to get a deal done.
It’s literally March 2nd…
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:21 PM 03-02-2022
It ain't over yet. It's obvious that Paton has had his eyes on Rodgers. This contract stuff with Green Bay should've been wrapped up already, the longer it takes the more likely the #PatonPlan will come to fruition.
The Paton Plan you speak of was apparently acquiring Aaron Rodgers. Without him, Paton's only plan is to keep passing on QBs in the draft and find the cheapest available options to go ~500 and take last place in the division.

There is no #PatonPlan. It has as much credibility as the #PioliPlan in 2012, which was to go acquire Peyton Manning.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:37 PM 03-02-2022

Because:

A. He hasn’t made a decision yet.
B. He’s still under contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:12 AM 03-03-2022
https://www.nfl.com/news/combine-deb...o-s-stock-down

Originally Posted by :
Optimism about big QB trades: Arians said it was unlikely that franchise quarterbacks would get traded, sounding very much like a man who had already struck out. (He even said he had eight guys on his "board.") Washington coach Ron Rivera was asked about possible trades, saying, "that's what we're trying to find out." Browns GM Andrew Berry noted that QBs rarely move despite speculation, a subtle setting of low expectations on being able to upgrade from Baker Mayfield. Kirk Cousins is a wild card here, but it doesn't sound like Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson are going anywhere.
He's not going to be traded. Time to accept it.
[Reply]
Page 2789 of 4911
« First < 1789228926892739277927852786278727882789 279027912792279327992839288932893789 > Last »
Up