ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 324
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:32 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Cowboys great D gave up 23 to the fucking Texans who were missing both of their starting WRs.

Welcome to the NFL.
Aww, warm and fuzzies. Loves!

We should breath a sigh of relief now. stalory has brought us reason and insanity.

Davis Mills will not have career day!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:41 PM 12-12-2022
If Pat methodically drives the ball down and scores a TD before half, most of you aren't bitching.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Aww, warm and fuzzies. Loves!

We should breath a sigh of relief now. stalory has brought us reason and insanity.

Davis Mills will not have career day!
Whatever you say weirdo.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:47 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nope. The math is pretty clear. Turn the ball over twice in a game in the NFL in the SB era, and the odds of winning go down to under 50%. Turn it over 3 times and it's under 20%, iirc. Only because of Mahomes have the Chiefs been able to maintain a winning record when turning the ball over 2 times or more in a game.

Throwing back-to-back picks in an NFL game is almost always a loss. Mahomes has to dial back the gunslinger stuff a bit, and he knows it. Though that one pick by Surtain was just ridiculous. That was just lucky.
Andy would agree with me. Turnovers aside. Keep firing, Patrick/

Scheme is supposed to thrive with the lead. They had a 27-0 lead to the worst offense in football. Damn near gave it up. The TD drives of Denver were 42yds, 60yds, 75yds and 75yds. Not exactly short drives there. 4 td's to the worst offense in football.

Defense sucks, period. Spags scheme puts fear in no team. It's stale, old unreliable and ineffective. And you think that you will be facing the likes of a washed up Russell Wilson or Nobody Rypien in the playoffs? With this defense Mahomes won't have no choice but to keep firing.

You can barely even see the TV anyway. Go back to your mashed taters and gravy old man. :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:47 PM 12-12-2022
Whatever you say weirdo.
Whatever makes you feel better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:57 PM 12-12-2022
Andy would agree with me. Turnovers aside. Keep firing, Patrick/

Scheme is supposed to thrive with the lead. They had a 27-0 lead to the worst offense in football. Damn near gave it up. The TD drives of Denver were 42yds, 60yds, 75yds and 75yds. Not exactly short drives there. 4 td's to the worst offense in football.

Defense sucks, period. Spags scheme puts fear in no team. It's stale, old unreliable and ineffective. And you think that you will be facing the likes of a washed up Russell Wilson or Nobody Rypien in the playoffs? With this defense Mahomes won't have no choice but to keep firing.

You can barely even see the TV anyway. Go back to your mashed taters and gravy old man. :-)
Not saying Pat should turtle up. But he should be a little more careful with the ball. Especially when he knows the defense has already spent a lot of time on the field. Hell, he already knows anyway. Apparently, he already posted something basically letting the team know that he screwed up with those picks. He effectively left them out there for 3 11-play drives back-to-back-to-back. That's no bueno.

Plus, this was one game that just got weird. You can't look at the season or the last three years and say that the defense has even given up TDs on every scoring drive in a game. Mathematically it's an outlier. DEN only scored on 30% of their drives. 70% of their drives ended with NO points. Look it up, that's ridiculously good. They just got lucky that they scored TDs instead of what they normally do, which is one TD and two or three FGs.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:01 PM 12-12-2022
The Cowboys great D gave up 23 to the ****ing Texans who were missing both of their starting WRs.

Welcome to the NFL.
Just made a thread on this yesterday.

-Cowboys nearly blow it at home to a 1 win team
-Titans get blown out at home by a Jags team they were previously 7-1 against with Vrabel
-Bucs get boat raced by a 3rd string QB
-Seahawks lose to Panthers at home

And for the “those people aren’t contenders” crowd…the Bengals, at full strength, lost to Cooper Rush in week 2.

Cooper ****ing Rush. Imagine if we lost to a backup QB, especially Cooper Rush, with Mahomes and Andy?

The server would explode :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:10 PM 12-12-2022
Defense sucks, period. Spags scheme puts fear in no team. It's stale, old unreliable and ineffective.
This is exactly what's happening. Spags is reminding me a lot of Dom Capers his last few years in Green Bay. He helped them win a Super Bowl and the defense was terrific. However, over the years he kept running the same tired scheme as offenses evolved, and eventually the whole thing collapsed.

I don't think Spags is quite at that point, mainly because he has better coaches around him. I think Cullen and Daly can help keep him be a little more innovative, but man, it's just not looking very scary right now.

All the guys on the D should know the scheme pretty well now, and we're headed into the final quarter of the season. Will he show some new wrinkles? I sure as hell hope so, because what we're seeing currently is the definition of the word "meh."
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:22 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is exactly what's happening. Spags is reminding me a lot of Dom Capers his last few years in Green Bay. He helped them win a Super Bowl and the defense was terrific. However, over the years he kept running the same tired scheme as offenses evolved, and eventually the whole thing collapsed.

I don't think Spags is quite at that point, mainly because he has better coaches around him. I think Cullen and Daly can help keep him be a little more innovative, but man, it's just not looking very scary right now.

All the guys on the D should know the scheme pretty well now, and we're headed into the final quarter of the season. Will he show some new wrinkles? I sure as hell hope so, because what we're seeing currently is the definition of the word "meh."
I'm really interested in what you guys think this tired scheme is exactly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm really interested in what you guys think this tired scheme is exactly.
Lol. That'll be interesting to read.:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:26 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
All teams run them the point is to get a guy that is comfortable running them a lot.
You really think Spags would be uncomfortable running a fucking cover two? Are you mental?

We don't have a front 4 that can pressure. You can sit back if you do. If you don't, you have to manufacture pressure. I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:27 PM 12-12-2022
I'm sorry but how many years does Spags need and how many drafts before his defense approaches top 10?
[Reply]
O.city 02:29 PM 12-12-2022
Look at the best defenses in the league and they all have 1 thing in common
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:36 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Look at the best defenses in the league and they all have 1 thing in common
Play callers who have coached defenses to top 10 more than once in 20 years?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:37 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You really think Spags would be uncomfortable running a ****ing cover two? Are you mental?

We don't have a front 4 that can pressure. You can sit back if you do. If you don't, you have to manufacture pressure. I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about.
You're getting very emotional about this.

:-)

Some defensive coordinators thrive in keeping things as simple as possible, letting players play fast. An example would be Buffalo and Leslie Frazier.

The NFL has moved back towards favoring simple schemes, play fast. I do think these type of defenses will do better in the regular season right now.

Spags complexity and blitzing is harder for players to run without mistakes, I think most would agree with that.

Where Spags can be useful is playoff games because just running simple and playing fast might not be enough then.

With all the young players we have on D, I actually think we are on schedule right now.

I have more issues with the FO on this than Spags as I wanted more than 1 vet DL. And of course there were some here who claimed we couldn't add anyone else because we had so much young DL talent ready to blossom.

That line of thinking looks dead wrong right now.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 324
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288 > Last »
Up