ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 469
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327377 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:16 PM 07-28-2022
Do they still want Barflow?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:16 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Go away sunshine pumper

They’re in last place. Again.
All things considered, this thread is pretty damn mild compared to what it could be.
[Reply]
kstater 08:36 PM 07-28-2022
Who thought it was a good idea to go middle middle to Aarontl Judge?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DeepSouth 06:00 AM 07-29-2022
The only Royals players to get hits in yesterday's game were all rookies; Melendez, Pesquantino, and Pratto. Bring on the rest of the young guys soon.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:20 AM 07-29-2022
I'm at the point where yesterday's 0-1 loss is ideal. Singer looked great. Some of the young guys hit well. We still got the loss so the front office can't say at the end of the season that we are a piece or two away from competing or that Matheny and Eldred have proven they are capable coaches based on the 2nd half.

Need to keep up these kind of losses to clean house and give the young guys a chance next year.
[Reply]
TLO 07:25 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
I'm at the point where yesterday's 0-1 loss is ideal. Singer looked great. Some of the young guys hit well. We still got the loss so the front office can't say at the end of the season that we are a piece or two away from competing or that Matheny and Eldred have proven they are capable coaches based on the 2nd half.

Need to keep up these kind of losses to clean house and give the young guys a chance next year.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:30 AM 07-29-2022

Brady Singer, Pretty 95mph Back Door Two Seamer. 😍 pic.twitter.com/ByaWFLckaJ

— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) July 29, 2022

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:04 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I could watch that all day.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:21 AM 07-29-2022
I will gladly eat crow on Brady Singer. He looks like a legit big league starter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Going belt high fastball on the first pitch of the AB to AARON JUDGE is quite the choice….JFC, just unintentionally intentionally walk the guy.
Like I said - Barlow's just too reliant on his breaking stuff to get outs right now. The fastball isn't getting past anyone. He overthrew that fastball a bit trying to find some extra umph and it just backed up into the middle.

He's a fine pitcher but he's a guy contenders are going to be nervous about in the post-season because he's one ambushed fastball or one hung breaker away from a crooked number far too often.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
This isn't exclusive to your catcher as I see it more and more often these days.

But man, why don't catchers give their pitchers a target anymore? The Barlow pitch to Judge was the same way. These catchers set their gloves and then immediately drop them or move them around as the pitcher is winding up.

That would drive me insane as a pitcher. C'mon man - gimme a mitt.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:02 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said - Barlow's just too reliant on his breaking stuff to get outs right now. The fastball isn't getting past anyone. He overthrew that fastball a bit trying to find some extra umph and it just backed up into the middle.

He's a fine pitcher but he's a guy contenders are going to be nervous about in the post-season because he's one ambushed fastball or one hung breaker away from a crooked number far too often.
I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday re: Barlow and his FB usage.

That's actually a rare case of a Royals' pitcher leaning into his best pitches and emphasizing his excellent breaking balls while de-emphasizing his average FB. If you look at the contact stats on his fastball, he's generating more weak contact with it than in years past. He's getting less ride on it and the swing-and-miss is down.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if teams are looking at him and expecting a Mamoron-driven breakdown, as has happened to so many relievers managed by Mamoron.

As far as his value to a contender, it wouldn't be necessarily as THE guy at the back of the pen, more as a really good fireman type who can extend for a few innings as needed.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:53 AM 07-29-2022

AIDSa took us for a $6.7M signing bonus.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:58 AM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This isn't exclusive to your catcher as I see it more and more often these days.

But man, why don't catchers give their pitchers a target anymore? The Barlow pitch to Judge was the same way. These catchers set their gloves and then immediately drop them or move them around as the pitcher is winding up.

That would drive me insane as a pitcher. C'mon man - gimme a mitt.
I think it was Johnny Cueto that got openly pissed at Salvy back in 2015 for not giving him a target behind the plate. It might just be personal preference for both pitcher and catcher.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 AM 07-29-2022
If anybody wants the Aaron Judge home run ball from last night, its for sale for $2000. Just got an email on it from my sports memorabilia company I buy from lol.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 469
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327377 > Last »
Up