ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 295
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:33 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
How did we really make this bad of a pick in the first? It's mind bottling.
Let's Reach just isn't good at drafting/ knowmo
[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 AM 02-28-2023
How did we really make this bad of a pick in the first? It's mind bottling.
In hindsight that is correct. He was a talented back coming out of LSU and viewed as another weapon for this team. KC just came off a SB and didn't have a lot of weaknesses. He wasn't a bad pick at the time like a Breeland Speaks.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
In hindsight that is correct. He was a talented back coming out of LSU and viewed as another weapon for this team. KC just came off a SB and didn't have a lot of weaknesses. He wasn't a bad pick at the time like a Breeland Speaks.
A few people have said this.

I don't think any team doesn't have a weakness. Even if so, the Chiefs are always looking ahead at contracts and such.

There was just no reason to take a borderline athletic RB in the first round.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:10 AM 02-28-2023
A few people have said this.

I don't think any team doesn't have a weakness. Even if so, the Chiefs are always looking ahead at contracts and such.

There was just no reason to take a borderline athletic RB in the first round.
Except at the time he was viewed as a very good pick for KC. The biggest opponents of it did so because they weren't happy with a RB in the 1st. He was a stud at LSU and a large part of the success of that team. He even was pretty decent before injuries. In hindsight he wasn't a good pick.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:24 AM 02-28-2023
Speaks was an absolutely horrible selection.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 02-28-2023
Except at the time he was viewed as a very good pick for KC. The biggest opponents of it did so because they weren't happy with a RB in the 1st. He was a stud at LSU and a large part of the success of that team. He even was pretty decent before injuries. In hindsight he wasn't a good pick.
Yeah, I wasn't fond of the CEH pick. But then again, I'm a "never take a RB in the first round" guy.

It wasn't anything against CEH at all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I wasn't fond of the CEH pick. But then again, I'm a "never take a RB in the first round" guy.

It wasn't anything against CEH at all.
I just hated taking a guy that wasn't really overly athletic or electric. I mean, he really didn't have any traits that blew you away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 02-28-2023
I just hated taking a guy that wasn't really overly athletic or electric. I mean, he really didn't have any traits that blew you away.
He isn't fast, for sure.

But to say he didn't have any traits that blew you away isn't really true. He was one of the most efficient players in CFB at LSU. Sure he was surrounded by all-star talent but in the framework of that team, he was also all-star talent. He was great in college. It just didn't translate to the pros.
[Reply]
srvy 03:48 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
The average career span for NFL running backs is around 2-3 years. We got reasonable worth from CEH, his positives outweigh his negatives by quite a bit.

I realize he did not live up to lofty expectations, but if he was a superstar we probably wouldn't be able to afford to keep him anyway. I don't see any need to degrade him, lets just move on.
But that's no fun.

[Reply]
Bowser 03:51 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He isn't fast, for sure.

But to say he didn't have any traits that blew you away isn't really true. He was one of the most efficient players in CFB at LSU. Sure he was surrounded by all-star talent but in the framework of that team, he was also all-star talent. He was great in college. It just didn't translate to the pros.
The talent on that LSU championship team was just absurd for a college team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 02-28-2023
I actually recognized his relative lack of speed and convinced myself "eh, he's fast enough..."

Dafuq?

Ask yourself if a guy is going to be playable on Madden and if he isn't, you probably shouldn't be using a 1st rounder on him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The talent on that LSU championship team was just absurd for a college team.
Wasn't Jamarr Chase their #2 wideout for a season?

Justin Jefferson and Jamarr Chase on the same NFL team would be insanity. Having them both on one college team? Lord.

I've said it before but when you look at the roster AND the quality of the competition they played (that '19 LSU squad had a brutal slate), that has to be considered the best team in college football history. With a schedule loaded w/ top 10 opponents, they weren't just beating teams, they were wrecking them. That Auburn game was really the only dogfight they had. Alabama gave them a game as well but that still felt more like LSU playing with its food ('bama was down 12 with about 90 seconds left). On the road. In Bryant-Denny.

It really was ridiculous.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 02-28-2023
Look at the rosters for that 2019 'Bama/LSU game. Wow.

Offense:

QB: Burrow and Tua (And Mac Jones)
RB: Najee Harris, Brian Robinson, MEH
WR: HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Okay, I've composed myself: Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Terrace Marshall, DeVonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Jaylen Waddle
OL: Saahdiq Charles, Damien Lewis, Lloyd Cushenberry, Jedrick Wills, Evan Neal, Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson, Ed Ingram

Defense: Xavier McKinney, K'Lavon Chaisson, Trevon Diggs, Patrick Queen, Raekwon Davis, Patrick Surtain II, Jalyn Armour-Davis, Grant Delpit, Christian Barmore, Kristian Fulton, Derek Stingley Jr, Damone Clark, Phidarian Mathis

I mean the damn KICKER is in the NFL and is really good - Cade York.

There's no way there's ever been that much talent on a single college football field, is there? Holy hell - that's friggen nuts.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:26 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wasn't Jamarr Chase their #2 wideout for a season?

Justin Jefferson and Jamarr Chase on the same NFL team would be insanity. Having them both on one college team? Lord.

I've said it before but when you look at the roster AND the quality of the competition they played (that '19 LSU squad had a brutal slate), that has to be considered the best team in college football history. With a schedule loaded w/ top 10 opponents, they weren't just beating teams, they were wrecking them. That Auburn game was really the only dogfight they had. Alabama gave them a game as well but that still felt more like LSU playing with its food ('bama was down 12 with about 90 seconds left). On the road. In Bryant-Denny.

It really was ridiculous.
I had a co worker who is a big OU fan. She kept telling me they had a good shot in that playoff game.

I kept telling her not to get her hopes up.

Sure enough. OU got absolutely annihilated.
[Reply]
Womble 07:55 PM 02-28-2023
Crazy how some of you lot are giving this bum the benefit of the doubt for "prior commitments" to attend NY fashion week. NY fashion week? Are you serious? How ****ing stupid can you be that you think that there must be something so important in that carnival of tripe that means Clyde couldn't attend the parade.

"Mr Armani, Clyde would normally have loved to have come but his team just won the Super Bowl"

"Mama Mia!! withouta Clyde Edwards-Hellaira we have-a no show."

Let's be honest, he probably didn't give us a chance of winning the Lombardi after looking in the mirror. **** him and let's get rid if it's possible.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 295
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Up