ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 276 of 319
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
bobhill 06:48 PM 03-19-2021
Is Yasir Durant a bad option at LT?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:51 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by bobhill:
Is Yasir Durant a bad option at LT?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bobhill 06:52 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why ?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:54 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wouldn’t mind that but I don’t want to wait for round 2. All of the best prospects will be going in the top 50
You keep saying this. I disagree.

Walker Little will likely be there at 63. If not, one of Hudson or Smith will.

I’m not drafting for need at 31, and I’m not forcing a trade up. Worst case scenario your trade up in the 2nd to secure one. That’s the entire point of signing Okung.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:00 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think the idea with Okung is to also take a T early. At least in the first 2 rounds.
Correct.

I also am not big on the Dillard idea. He hasn’t proven to be even a solid player yet and just missed a full season to injury. Would rather pick our own guy than do that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:11 PM 03-19-2021

I’m not drafting for need at 31, and I’m not forcing a trade up. Worst case scenario your trade up in the 2nd to secure one. That’s the entire point of signing Okung.
This. Nobody is saying sign Okung and say fuck it to the LT position for the next three years. We’re saying sign Okung and take the LT that you want. Whether that’s a guy you like at 31 or 63....or trade up in the second.
[Reply]
O.city 07:16 PM 03-19-2021
I’d trade up for one if I had to if therr was one you loved that got in range
[Reply]
-King- 07:21 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
They gotta wait though
No they don't. They got their money upfront as a bonus instead of in game checks.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 PM 03-19-2021
I think you could sign a stop gap and draft one with the intention that the young guy takes over whenever he’s ready this year or even day one.

Long run that’s the way to go.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:33 PM 03-19-2021

100% disagree

If you want a LT capable of starting effectively, you pretty much need to take one day 1. It doesn’t help at all that we are the second to last pick of the 2nd rd.

So basically you’re comfortable trying to get a guy suited more for 3rd rd who have significant issues?

Walker Little is possible due to covid opt out, but even then I don’t think he’s there at 63.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:43 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
100% disagree

If you want a LT capable of starting effectively, you pretty much need to take one day 1. It doesn’t help at all that we are the second to last pick of the 2nd rd.

So basically you’re comfortable trying to get a guy suited more for 3rd rd who have significant issues?

Walker Little is possible due to covid opt out, but even then I don’t think he’s there at 63.
We’ve been over this. You do this every year with Ts. Last year it was Ezra Cleveland that wouldn’t make it to 32, but he didn’t go till the 58th overall pick. You claimed he’d be top 20 in any other draft because last years class was the best OT class ever.

Now here we are, and you’re doing it with this class too. You’re focusing on a good/deep position group and you scare yourself into thinking you have to reach to get one. That’s a terrible way to approach the draft. You let the draft come to you. You don’t force things because of need. Again, that’s the entire point of signing a guy like Okung. To give you a little more flexibility in the draft.

Half the league isn’t going to take a T in the first 2 rounds dude. Smith, Hudson, and Little aren’t all going to be gone and at the very least they will be within reach to trade up in the 2nd.

- If Cosmi or Jenkins slip into our range, sure trade up.

- If Mayfield is sitting there at 31 and they think they can groom him to play LT, I’m good with that.

- If Eichenberg is the best T available at 31, there will likely be a DE or WR I’d with a higher grade. I’m not drafting for need.

- If there’s a huge run on T’s in the 1st, then that increases the likelihood of getting value in the 2nd. This class is extremely deep and like I said, half the league isn’t going to take a T in the first 2 rounds. That just doesn’t happen.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 PM 03-19-2021
I’d like to have cosmi. If he gets in range of say, 22/23 I’d see what I’d need to do
[Reply]
staylor26 08:02 PM 03-19-2021
I mean aside from LT vs. RT, Little and Niang are extremely similar prospects.

I don’t see Little having a grade with a difference of more than an entire round. That’s just crazy.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:03 PM 03-19-2021
This team went 13-0 last year with Remmers holding down the right tackle spot. 13-0! 1.)Slide Allegretti to center 2.) Draft Bateman or Marshall Jr. with pick 31 3.) Draft your future left tackle with your 2nd rounder. This pick and Niang are your future bookends. 4.) Sign an experienced veteran as a stopgap left tackle.

Do those above four things and you are the same or better at 10 of 11 positions as compared to last year. Worse at 1 of 11.

Quarterback - Same (Mahomes)
RB1 - Same (CEH)
TE - Same (Kelce)
WR1 - Same (Hill)
WR2 - Better - Draft Bateman or Marshall Jr. with pick 31.
WR3 - Same (Hardman)
LT - Worse. TBD what we do there.
LG - Better (Thuney)
C - Same probably better (Allegretti)
RG - Better (LDT or Long)
RT - Same (Remmers or Niang)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:11 PM 03-19-2021
I don't really fancy trying to turn a RT like Mayfield into an LT tbh because what if it fails? We'd be fecked. Leatherwood, Radunz, Hudson, Little etc someone is gonna be there for our first two picks I think so get one of them, plus get Okung and we're in a good place with our tackles for the now and future.
[Reply]
Page 276 of 319
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Up