ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 276 of 295
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You think so? I think they'd just soon enough keep him till his contract expires.
$1.2 million of this year's salary is guaranteed so you may be right. Perhaps they'll try to use him like McKinnon or something.

But I think they'd rather bring back McKinnon and draft a replacement for Clyde, especially if they can get that salary traded for a ham sandwich.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
$1.2 million of this year's salary is guaranteed so you may be right. Perhaps they'll try to use him like McKinnon or something.

But I think they'd rather bring back McKinnon and draft a replacement for Clyde, especially if they can get that salary traded for a ham sandwich.
Nobody is going to want him in a trade. They know they can just wait to get him after he's cut at the end of the year.

He's going to be on the 2023 roster, that's my guess.
[Reply]
O.city 04:17 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fresh off a SB win and when you looked at the roster, we had something like 20 of our 22 players returning. And at the time, the only glaring hole was at RB and it was the only position group you looked at and went, "dan we could use some talent there". It was a luxury pick.

You basically looked at the roster and said, "we're loaded. A sick RB would top this team off...Oh look, here's one".

It just didn't work out.
Well, that was dumbass non forward thinking if that's the case.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:19 PM 02-27-2023
If you sort this on Wav, weighted average career value, CEH ranks 44th in that draft, so only 12 spots from where he was taken.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2020/draft.htm

13 guys, or 40 percent of players taken ahead of him have been lower value. It's a fun way to assess drafts in retrospect.

You don't wanna see Speaks number. Mahomes on the other hand.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:21 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody is going to want him in a trade. They know they can just wait to get him after he's cut at the end of the year.

He's going to be on the 2023 roster, that's my guess.
Unless he's traded or clearly beaten for a job, that's my guess as well. Others clearly disagree.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:24 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
If you sort this on Wav, weighted average career value, CEH ranks 44th in that draft, so only 12 spots from where he was taken.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2020/draft.htm

13 guys, or 40 percent of players taken ahead of him have been lower value. It's a fun way to assess drafts in retrospect.

You don't wanna see Speaks number. Mahomes on the other hand.
WAV has Sneed lower than CEH, which is ludicrous.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:47 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
WAV has Sneed lower than CEH, which is ludicrous.
Has him classified as a safety I think because he's played in the slot so much and that reduces his rank relative to a skill player on offense. Seems to do a pretty good job if you look at the rankings within position overall. Definitely less ludicrous than just saying "yeah CEH was a 4th rounder at best" pulled out of the ass.

Anyway Sneed especially and Gay salvage the draft with these numbers. Sneed comes in as a mid second round value 82 spots up from where he was drafted.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:50 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

You could use a 5th rounder to draft some big fast guy with vision issues or a bad OL in college and get him for 4 years at asswipe money.

Or you could trade for a dude w/ 3 years of demonstrated mediocrity who costs about as much as 4 years worth of that 5th round RB combined and is a FA at season's end...

I don't see BLEH have any trade value at all, really.
The only team dumb enough to do something like that would be Denver, and I think they're out of draft picks.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:51 PM 02-27-2023
Honestly Clyde's first season lived up to his draft status. It was every season after. Next year is a contract year so we'll see. Saunders turned it on last year. Clyde's turn.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:58 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Honestly Clyde's first season lived up to his draft status. It was every season after. Next year is a contract year so we'll see. Saunders turned it on last year. Clyde's turn.
The problem is he lost his job. He's a rotational back now at best. Plus it doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore if he's not willing to go to the parade to celebrate a SB win of all things.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:02 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
The problem is he lost his job. He's a rotational back now at best. Plus it doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore if he's not willing to go to the parade to celebrate a SB win of all things.
JFC. Are people still fucking butthurt that he made a prior commitment probably months before the Chiefs won the SB? Get over it. The guy was having a fucking blast on the sideline with teammates in a track suit. It's not mandatory to attend the parade.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:02 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
If we think of guys like CEH as Veach’s worst moves, then we’re in damn good shape. He’s scored like 17 TDs in 35 games. We could’ve done much much worse.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:05 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
JFC. Are people still fucking butthurt that he made a prior commitment probably months before the Chiefs won the SB? Get over it. The guy was having a fucking blast on the sideline with teammates in a track suit. It's not mandatory to attend the parade.
Alright fine ill retract that.

I still just don't see how he's going to make an impact now when his track record has been so bad and he's lost the starting job.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:47 AM 02-28-2023
I'll never be behind a RB in R1, it was a bad pick. BUT, and as much as I've hated watching him plodding his way to an OLs butt every snap, i also think he's been kinda unlucky. His rookie year he was pretty good, I think the injury f***ed him. Combine that with his usage, which is baffling to me and feels like a rare example of Reid and Co not putting a player in the best position to succeed, and it's been pretty rough viewing. I doubt we get anything for him, I think he's absolutely bust, but I imagine he's here next year. He seems like a good pro and teammate and i don't really care about the parade.

I think receiving running backs are fools gold a lot of the time. It feels like they'll be a lethal offensive threat rather than just someone who doesn't run routes well enough to be a WR. I'd far rather the strategy of picking up guys late which fit one or 2 specific needs, speed, power, can block etc.a lot of RBs end up having decent hands after just never having them tested in college.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:42 AM 02-28-2023
I believe this thread exists, in case fans of other teams drop by. To fume at the outright spoiled nature of it all
[Reply]
Page 276 of 295
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286 > Last »
Up