ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 333
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:14 PM 08-21-2023
Bobbydong #25
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:27 PM 08-21-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Bobbydong #25
He’s become the THE reason to tune into every game. But I’m waiting on other posters to tell me that we need to trade him.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:03 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Interesting read, thanks for posting it!

As far as the potential trade goes, it had to be BWJ or Sal right? And probably not sal because that wouldve been more of a salary dump?
Zero chance it was BWJ. You don’t trade a player with his tools with 4 years left of control. Sherman has done a couple strange things, but he’s not an idiot. If he wants to get a tax passed to fund a new stadium (be it downtown, Clay, Johnson, whatever) there is zero chance it passes if he trades the franchise cornerstone that people are gonna want to go to the new stadium to see.

I mean, if you’re gonna trade BWJ now, what’s the point in even having a baseball team. Might as well just sell it now and move on. And as a fanbase, we should completely turn our back on this franchise if they’re willing to trade away a guy like Witt in his second full season in the Bigs.

That would be the most ducking retarded move of all time.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:38 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Interesting read, thanks for posting it!

As far as the potential trade goes, it had to be BWJ or Sal right? And probably not sal because that wouldve been more of a salary dump?
Singer.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:09 AM 08-22-2023
Is this the worst pitching staff of all time..like across the board?
[Reply]
BWillie 05:20 AM 08-22-2023
Appears the Royals are going to Clay County
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:02 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Appears the Royals are going to Clay County
Why?
[Reply]
srvy 06:12 AM 08-22-2023
Big Royals news today Concept renderings of the new ballpark where they will start a new chapter of losing and announce where it will be !8th and Fayette NKC or The JE Dunn properties
[Reply]
BWillie 07:34 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why?
Radio guys seem to think that...so no real info
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:37 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Zero chance it was BWJ. You don’t trade a player with his tools with 4 years left of control. Sherman has done a couple strange things, but he’s not an idiot. If he wants to get a tax passed to fund a new stadium (be it downtown, Clay, Johnson, whatever) there is zero chance it passes if he trades the franchise cornerstone that people are gonna want to go to the new stadium to see.

I mean, if you’re gonna trade BWJ now, what’s the point in even having a baseball team. Might as well just sell it now and move on. And as a fanbase, we should completely turn our back on this franchise if they’re willing to trade away a guy like Witt in his second full season in the Bigs.

That would be the most ducking reeruned move of all time.
The only pushback I would give against that is what kind of payroll crippling contract would it take to get BWJ to stick around? Are you ready for 10 years 400 million? Or are you willing to let him walk and get some crap comp pick?
[Reply]
blake5676 08:04 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Radio guys seem to think that...so no real info
If they go to NKC, I'm never placing another bet again...ever. I'd have bet my mortgage and entire life savings on East Village. Everyone I know that is even "somewhat" in the know has said it's a done deal since Sherman and the minority people bought the franchise. I'd just be absolutely blown away if it didn't end up downtown.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:32 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
If they go to NKC, I'm never placing another bet again...ever. I'd have bet my mortgage and entire life savings on East Village. Everyone I know that is even "somewhat" in the know has said it's a done deal since Sherman and the minority people bought the franchise. I'd just be absolutely blown away if it didn't end up downtown.
I heard from a guy I golfed with who was big into the construction game and guaranteed me it was going downtown because Sherman and Co with in cahoots with that big construction company. I always thought it was the most likely play but the boarder patrol guys seemed to really think it was going to NKC.

Have no clue myself
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:51 AM 08-22-2023
I think the Border Patrol guys are: (1) generally clueless (2) probably pushing North KC a bit since St. John lives up there.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:18 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the Border Patrol guys are: (1) generally clueless (2) probably pushing North KC a bit since St. John lives up there.
Although I didn't hear the argument or segment in question, I would tend to agree with this statement.

And furthermore, I'd rather it be downtown BECAUSE I live north of the river. Don't really want to pay for it, although that's just me being a cheap ass. I live in "rural" Clay County and already pay pretty low taxes. But I just can't picture it anywhere but downtown. The location in NKC is a dump, although Northtowne in general has come a long way over the past decade and I truly enjoy going down there.

Again, it would just be a shock if KC let the Royals out of Jackson County and city boundaries based on everything I've heard. And I'm totally good with that.
[Reply]
Fish 01:53 PM 08-22-2023
Some rendering videos here: https://kcballparkdistrict.com/

I still hate the idea of either. Them pushing the whole "Community" idea is dumb.
[Reply]
Page 275 of 333
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Up