ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 469
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284324374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:26 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Nice splits.

So apparently, his only weakness is the month of May.

We can work with that.

Yeah. Royals shouldn’t call him up until June 1, 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:26 PM 07-28-2022

AIDSa Lacy has been dropped from the FG top 100. He dropped from 4th to 10th in the Royals org rankings (and was the top one left after Witt MJ Pratto were called up) and dropped from a 50FV to 40FV or abiut what Ben Kirdna is

In 21 IP this year Lacy has walked 31, hit 9, and thrown 9 wild pitches.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

AIDSa Lacy has been dropped from the FG top 100. He dropped from 4th to 10th in the Royals org rankings (and was the top one left after Witt MJ Pratto were called up) and dropped from a 50FV to 40FV or abiut what Ben Kirdna is

In 21 IP this year Lacy has walked 31, hit 9, and thrown 9 wild pitches.
He always had control issues and the Royals aren't exactly good at fixing pitchers.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:56 PM 07-28-2022
Still no BWJ.

[Reply]
DeepSouth 01:12 PM 07-28-2022
They must have a possible suitor for O'Hearn. Playing him at 1st and now RF to prove he can play the position. He might do a team good as a Left-handed bat off the bench.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:14 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Still no BWJ.

No need to rush the young GOAT back. Let's make sure that hammy is 100%
[Reply]
BWillie 01:18 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I think Massey ultimately becomes the everyday 2B in 2023. Merrifield, and I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion, is a valuable swiss army knife for the Royals that can fill a lot of holes, and do it cheaply (~$7MM in 2023). I just don't think you are going to get enough value back at this point vs what we get to hold on to him for one more season.

3B is the position I think we have to go hunting for in FA. That position is a bit of a wtf in this organization right now. Not a big fan of Rivera and I don't think Eaton is a MLB level 3B. JMHO
At this point, Nicky Lopez does what Merrifield does and better.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:35 PM 07-28-2022
This return is just so mediocre and say all you want about him being a rental, but there were several teams with interest and it seems like we took the trade because of our need for pitchers in our system. A need that exists because of our lack of ability to develop pitchers. It seems our plan to combat this lack of pitching development was to trade for 3 prospects that are in dire need of development. All 3 guys are on the older side for their level.

The top guy we got back Beck Way is a 22 year old in his second go at A+ ball. He's got a 3.73 ERA and a 1.120 WHIP. That's pretty mediocre for a pitcher of his age in his 2nd season at that level.

The next guy is T.J Sikkema, who has had pitched very well with a 2.48 ERA and .826 WHIP. The downside though is he is 24 years old and only in A+ ball.

The last guy, who is absolutely just a throw in. Chandler Champlain a 23 year old in low A. He has a 4.30 ERA and a 1.241 WHIP.

So the Royals went for quantity over quality, which is the stupidest thing we could have done since our pitching development is garbage. I have a hard time believing this was the best deal out there and it feels like Dayton traded based on need instead of getting the best player he could.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:45 PM 07-28-2022
Well, the fact is he is a rental. The same teams that are discussing Benintendi are probably looking at a better, non-rental bat in Happ who is also having a better year defensively. Other teams are locked up in Soto proposals.
You got a top 15 prospect in your system and 2 other pitchers for a 2+ months of guy that has a .078 ISO and his batting line is entirely held up by his nearly .370 BABIP. I would say you did ok.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 02:01 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This return is just so mediocre and say all you want about him being a rental, but there were several teams with interest and it seems like we took the trade because of our need for pitchers in our system. A need that exists because of our lack of ability to develop pitchers. It seems our plan to combat this lack of pitching development was to trade for 3 prospects that are in dire need of development. All 3 guys are on the older side for their level.

The top guy we got back Beck Way is a 22 year old in his second go at A+ ball. He's got a 3.73 ERA and a 1.120 WHIP. That's pretty mediocre for a pitcher of his age in his 2nd season at that level.

The next guy is T.J Sikkema, who has had pitched very well with a 2.48 ERA and .826 WHIP. The downside though is he is 24 years old and only in A+ ball.

The last guy, who is absolutely just a throw in. Chandler Champlain a 23 year old in low A. He has a 4.30 ERA and a 1.241 WHIP.

So the Royals went for quantity over quality, which is the stupidest thing we could have done since our pitching development is garbage. I have a hard time believing this was the best deal out there and it feels like Dayton traded based on need instead of getting the best player he could.
I agree and I firmly believe we did not even try to get any hitters. I think they looked at our team now with the addition of the braves trade and draft and said we are good on hitting and we don’t have much room for anyone else so let’s focus on pitching. But when you look at that, they aren’t going to try and take a recent high school guy who is still years away because they need help now. So that cuts our options even more. Now we are left with wanting older pitchers but no one is going to give up a nearly finished product, so we are left with basically what we got in this trade. Older guys at lower levels who we hope are undervalued and can move through the system quickly. It’s a bad way to do business, but when you have a front office who is possibly fighting for their jobs, you get outcomes like this.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:04 PM 07-28-2022
Keith Law seems to think the same thing as I do.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 07-28-2022
Moore and Piccollo are in save my ass mode, the first 2 draft picks are college guys that should make the majors in 2 years, they are trading for guys who at least one of them is probably a reliever at the MLB level..

But until they can revamp their pitching development none of it will matter.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:10 PM 07-28-2022
Benintendi leading off tonight….for the Yankees.

[Reply]
Mecca 02:11 PM 07-28-2022
I just realized something looking at those ages...those guys are likely to be Rule 5 eligible soon. So the Royals basically took some guys the Yankees weren't gonna protect for the Rule 5 draft...now creating where they'll have to find spots, brilliant job.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:24 PM 07-28-2022
Maybe this effected the return too.

@lindseyadler: Andrew Benintendi on his vaccination status/plan: “I’m still positioned in the same spot. I’m open minded about it. I’m not against it. But time will tell.”

Benintendi said that getting vaccinated was not something he had to agree to before getting traded.
[Reply]
Page 274 of 469
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284324374 > Last »
Up