ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 335
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284324 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
underEJ 01:26 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Your dick can still work if you're paralyzed
Ned told Arya when they were in King's Landing that Bran would never have children. I think we are supposed to believe that is a real limitation. (Book Ned, can't remember if he said it on the show.)
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:28 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him.
That's different, that is Azor Ahai Reborn. I'm talking about whoever the legends are about, that lived ~8000 years ago.

But in a similar vein, who said that?

...I'll go ahead and answer my own question, it's Melisandre. She's the only one that uses Azor Ahai Reborn and the Prince that was Promised interchangeably. I don't really consider her to be extremely reliable.

Azor Ahai Reborn is a prophecy from Asshai. The Prince that was Promised seems to be a Valyrian prophecy. At least these two stories come from the same continent, but it's still unclear to me why all these people in Essos are so concerned about someone that will defeat monsters that only exist in Westeros.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Watch the scene again with that in mind. Pay attention to where Cersei puts her hands as she talks.

Embed disabled by request:

https://youtu.be/oRHGicxrBcw
Yeah... That's extra creepy.
[Reply]
underEJ 01:36 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nor should you.

It's pure batshittery.

They didn't just hide a rogue fucking dragon under Winterfell. This once again falls into firmly under the heading of 'these guys are far better storytellers than we are and as such, aren't forced into stupid dues ex machinas like hidden dragons that don't show up for 4,000 pages to resolve a narrative issue...."

Honest to God, a fully grown dragon just emerging from the crypts of Winterfell would be the stupidest plot device I have seen in the entire history of literature. Steven King wouldn't have even written an ending that stupid.

No, there is no goddamn dragon underneath Winterfell because it's retarded and GRRM is not retarded.
There are several theories on the ice dragon topic, one, yes, is as you describe. The rest are a less crazy and less literal.

If Jon finds out he is a Targaryen from information hidden in the crypts, then he is the ice dragon.

Another is based on a story called The Ice Dragon that Martin claims is not set in the same world, but apparently publishers have said he told them it was the same world. In it the Ice Dragon beats the regular dragons and then melts leaving a permanently cold pool of water. All the pools at winterfell are hot springs except for the one in front of the weirwood tree which is always cold and dark. The theory is that it is the same pool, not a dragon that will return though, just the remains. Others say that even if it was the same world, from the story it would have happened much farther North than Winterfell.

Even others say the dragon is in the wall, but that could be taken to mean Jon as well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:38 PM 06-28-2016
However, Septa Unella isn't all that unreasonable if Cersi were to bat for the other team.

[Reply]
listopencil 01:51 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
However, Septa Unella isn't all that unreasonable if Cersi were to bat for the other team.

I think Cersei bats for Team Cersei. But, yeah, I saw an article with that actress in revealing clothes. She's not bad at all.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:30 PM 06-28-2016
Speaking of fit

[Reply]
listopencil 02:32 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of fit

Too little. Throw it back in.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:34 PM 06-28-2016
She's 19 now. Creep away :-)
[Reply]
RustShack 02:37 PM 06-28-2016
So it sounds like Bran will be crossing the wall soon, assuming he's heading back to Winterfell and telling Jon? Well maybe castle black first, looking for Jon there.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:52 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I actually agree, but i dont think martin knows wtf to do at this point so nothing would shock me
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I honestly believe he knows how he wants to end the series but has no idea how to move the chess pieces to get there. He's written himself into a bit of a corner (or a knot, if you will) with some of his plotlines. The show's weak resolutions for both Arya and possibly Dorne provide strong evidence for that.
what are you talking about?

I willing to bet that Martin had the outline of the next book already done if not multiple books done. I imagine HBO paid him a pretty penny to 'release' it by video before by book.

Now i imagine HBO wrote/modified his outline for the screenplay but Martin is absolutely controlling the story. He wouldn't of let them do it without him keeping control of it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:09 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

I willing to bet that Martin had the outline of the next book already done if not multiple books done. I imagine HBO paid him a pretty penny to 'release' it by video before by book.

Now i imagine HBO wrote/modified his outline for the screenplay but Martin is absolutely controlling the story. He wouldn't of let them do it without him keeping control of it.
I don't have a dog in the fight as I won't ever read the books, but before S6 aired, he told some damn reporter that he thought of a great twist for WoW and it was too late to get it in the series. No doubt he is trying to sell books by differentiating it from the series, but if he had just thought of a twist, that's a pretty major plot point to have it all planned out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:42 PM 06-28-2016

HBO doesn't have to be "let" to do anything. GRRM literally signed away the series. Your theory contradicts literally every report by HBO, D&D, GRRM, his publishing company, and his friends who are on the record of loathing the show. But it tinfoil conspiracy theories are your thang, then you be you Laz.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 06-28-2016

To some extent, I'm sure you're right, but GRRM is a discovery writer, so he has a general gist of what he's doing in mind, but kind of lets the story take him wherever it goes.

That's why this "trilogy" is currently looking like it'll be 7 books. (And let's be honest - it wouldn't surprise anyone if it took more than that.)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 06-28-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To some extent, I'm sure you're right, but GRRM is a discovery writer, so he has a general gist of what he's doing in mind, but kind of lets the story take him wherever it goes.

That's why this "trilogy" is currently looking like it'll be 7 books. (And let's be honest - it wouldn't surprise anyone if it took more than that.)
or that he never finishes the books.:-)
[Reply]
Page 274 of 335
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284324 > Last »
Up