View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 273 of 343
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:46 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Why do you say that? There should be absolutely no discussion whatsoever about it. The guy can't be here after this season. If they haven't realized that yet, we are in serious trouble.
Of course the downside to this is if you don't draft a LT you're gonna end up with Geron Christian starting LT or talk of moving Thuney out etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 12-07-2022
Why do you say that? There should be absolutely no discussion whatsoever about it. The guy can't be here after this season. If they haven't realized that yet, we are in serious trouble.
Why would they just walk away without discussing anything? That's just foolish and short-sighted. If nothing else, contract talks could be used to jump start a tag and trade effort.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:49 PM 12-07-2022
I really don't see why moving Thuney out is such a big no go here, provided he's willing to do it. You could be much worse off.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:51 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I really don't see why moving Thuney out is such a big no go here, provided he's willing to do it. You could be much worse off.
I mean in all reality it's kinda odd we've invested more in the interior line than the OT's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 12-07-2022
He's not a natural LT and moving him leaves a gaping hole at LG.

It isn't out of the question but it's like option number 25, not option number 2 or 3.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:53 PM 12-07-2022
Also not like that's just an idea the fans pulled out of their ass. He's done it in spot duty and Reid was talking like he was the next man up at LT if Brown held out. The idea has probably been at least batted around to move him over full time as a possible contingency in case things with Brown don't work out.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:58 PM 12-07-2022
Also not like that's just an idea the fans pulled out of their ass. He's done it in spot duty and Reid was talking like he was the next man up at LT if Brown held out. The idea has probably been at least batted around to move him over full time as a possible contingency in case things with Brown don't work out.
He also has a cap number of $22 million next year. That's a hell of a lot for a guard. You can re-sign Allegretti and play him at LG for next to nothing if it comes down to it.

All options should be on the table, except keeping Brown. Even if he offered to play for $10 million a year (which he won't) he's still not even worth that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:00 PM 12-07-2022
Would also help by removing some of the cap constraints for his deal and moving it over to LT, which is a lot more palatable. We can find a serviceable LG for cheap, can't usually say the same for LT.

But I understand why they're hesitating. We traded a high pick for Brown and he's taking up a fair amount of cap space. Simplest solution for this whole problem is for him to stop being a piece of shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:03 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Would also help by removing some of the cap constraints for his deal and moving it over to LT, which is a lot more palatable. We can find a serviceable LG for cheap, can't usually say the same for LT.

But I understand why they're hesitating. We traded a high pick for Brown and he's taking up a fair amount of cap space. Simplest solution for this whole problem is for him to stop being a piece of shit.
That could happen as well. I'm sure the message has been broadcast to him multiple times already this week that the level of play he put on against the Bengals is simply unacceptable going forward and if you want to salvage any chance at a LTD here the standard is near perfect from now to the end of the season.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:10 PM 12-07-2022
I think Bert needs to have a real heart to heart with Orlando. Hey buddy, we love ya, but the LT isn't working. You want to be the solution at RT, we can work something out, but otherwise we will explore all options.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:12 PM 12-07-2022
He also has a cap number of $22 million next year. That's a hell of a lot for a guard. You can re-sign Allegretti and play him at LG for next to nothing if it comes down to it.

All options should be on the table, except keeping Brown. Even if he offered to play for $10 million a year (which he won't) he's still not even worth that.
Allegretti didn't look great against the Bengals. 3/5ths of the O-Line pretty much looked like shit against the 3-man pass rush, which is embarrassing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:29 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Allegretti didn't look great against the Bengals. 3/5ths of the O-Line pretty much looked like shit against the 3-man pass rush, which is embarrassing.
We can work with scrubs though until we find a decent one at Guard, We can't live with Pats blindside being a turnstile.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:30 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think Bert needs to have a real heart to heart with Orlando. Hey buddy, we love ya, but the LT isn't working. You want to be the solution at RT, we can work something out, but otherwise we will explore all options.
I would want to see him at RT first before I gave him anything, letting him walk is the only option at this point.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:33 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I would want to see him at RT first before I gave him anything, letting him walk is the only option at this point.
Yep, and he's not going to give us that option to even see him on the right side, because he's dead set at playing LT.

I completely agree, I don't want him back at any position for any price. Move on.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:38 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
We can work with scrubs though until we find a decent one at Guard, We can't live with Pats blindside being a turnstile.
Certainly that seemed to be the case when Schwartz & Fisher went down. They were still OK without Schwartz. When Fisher went down, that was when the whole damn thing fell apart. Really hope they can get this stuff figured out eventually.
[Reply]
Page 273 of 343
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283323 > Last »
Up