JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Palangi 06:31 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s probably one of those veteran exception deals where he gets more than minimum salary but only counts for the minimum against the cap.

Whatever. He was better this year and knows the system. They could do worse, I guess.
But why do it? Draft a guy to develop and move on from him.

DT- jones, Wharton, draft pick
NT- Pennel, Farrell, Buggs
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:33 PM 03-14-2024
Lol at the bed wetters moaning about a man who has been with this team FOR ALL THREE SUPERBOWL WINS and clearly has the trust of Spags aswell as being a guy who can uphold the culture he has helped create during this run. So please grow the feck up fgs :-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:34 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not a vote of confidence for Neil Farrell.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:35 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Sweet! For some reason I thought he was a FA
My bad. I saw Big Mike and skipped the rest thinking you were talking about Pennel. Danna is still a FA.
[Reply]
In58men 06:35 PM 03-14-2024
Chiefs are OBVIOUSLY being stubborn with Hollywood.

They want him to come down on his asking price.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:37 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol at the bed wetters moaning about a man who has been with this team FOR ALL THREE SUPERBOWL WINS and clearly has the trust of Spags aswell as being a guy who can uphold the culture he has helped create during this run. So please grow the feck up fgs :-)
I bet MahomesMagic sure is glad you pop up from time to time to remind us all he's not QUITE the dumbest poster on the entire site.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:39 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s probably one of those veteran exception deals where he gets more than minimum salary but only counts for the minimum against the cap.

Whatever. He was better this year and knows the system. They could do worse, I guess.
I presume they used that on Wharton already since that deal was noted as guaranteed (the 4 year VSB is fully guaranteed money, IIRC)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:39 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I presume they used that on Wharton already since that deal was noted as guaranteed (the 4 year VSB is fully guaranteed money, IIRC)
You get 2 per year, I think.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:40 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I bet MahomesMagic sure is glad you pop up from time to time to remind us all he's not QUITE the dumbest poster on the entire site.
Shut up bitch :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:40 PM 03-14-2024
Four-year qualifying contract: Another type of veteran salary benefit, it can be offered to a player with at least four credited seasons whose contract with a team has expired after being on said team for four or more consecutive, uninterrupted league years prior to his contract expiring. Such a player must have been on the team's 90-man active/inactive list for said seasons (and every regular-season and postseason game). Teams can sign a maximum of two eligible players to this type of salary benefit.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:40 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Chiefs are OBVIOUSLY being stubborn with Hollywood.

They want him to come down on his asking price.
Or they just don’t want him
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Please, your receipts sucking off the likes of Skyy Less and Toney are hilariously Reeruned. :-)

And you reading my statement that it is reasonable to expect the Chiefs to come away with at least two impact WR’s in an ultra-deep WR draft… as me supposedly saying that I am “smarter than Veach”… makes no sense.

Veach knows better than anyone how deep this WR draft is.
What are your picks? Let's see your genius, as you've clearly never been wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:52 PM 03-14-2024
You’re absolutely lost when it comes to football.

But it’s good to know YOU know more about these players than the NFL teams and scouts.

:-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:56 PM 03-14-2024
If we win the SB this year, who would be in the 4xSB winner club?

Mahomes
Kelce
Jones
Butker
Nnadi
Winchester
Blake Bell if he's not gone

Am I forgetting anyone?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:57 PM 03-14-2024
Four-year qualifying contract: Another type of veteran salary benefit, it can be offered to a player with at least four credited seasons whose contract with a team has expired after being on said team for four or more consecutive, uninterrupted league years prior to his contract expiring. Such a player must have been on the team's 90-man active/inactive list for said seasons (and every regular-season and postseason game). Teams can sign a maximum of two eligible players to this type of salary benefit.
Correct but you get an aggregate benefit that can be split among two players or allocated to a single player. Wharton's deal was large enough (usually needs to be about $3.2 million) to use the whole aggregate amount.

So they would have used the max benefit on Wharton's deal.
[Reply]
Page 272 of 365
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Up