ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 272 of 324
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:18 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I have no idea why we’re still talking about George Pickens.

I too wanted to draft him over Moore, but it’s done. Veach hits on some and misses on others, the same as any other GM. I’d rather have the guy who can put together a roster that wins a SB than an ace at drafting skill position wonders like Pickens.

NO WE HAVE TO TALK T BOONE PICKENS CUZ NOT DRAFTING HIM AND METCALF IS A REFLECTION OF HOW TERRIBLE AND SINFUL CHIEFS FANS ARE
[Reply]
BWillie 11:05 AM 09-08-2023
I have no idea why we’re still talking about George Pickens.

I too wanted to draft him over Moore, but it’s done. Veach hits on some and misses on others, the same as any other GM. I’d rather have the guy who can put together a roster that wins a SB than an ace at drafting skill position wonders like Pickens.
The frustrating thing is even the common fan was like pick Metcalf over Hardman. Pick Pickens over Moore. The draft gurus, the common fan, the former coaches, the diehard fan. Nobody really understood why they picked the WR we did before them. Sometimes you outsmart yourself. Take the low hanging fruit. Imagine Pickens & Metcalf as our WRs today? If you are gonna take a flier on guys do it in the later rounds. If it is a one off its no big deal. There is so much luck in drafting Im not ready to conclusively say its a trend but if Rice busts then it is. So far though I like Rices pedigree bjt most draft nerds also didnt like the pick.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:14 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The frustrating thing is even the common fan was like pick Metcalf over Hardman. Pick Pickens over Moore. The draft gurus, the common fan, the former coaches, the diehard fan. Nobody really understood why they picked the WR we did before them. Sometimes you outsmart yourself. Take the low hanging fruit. Imagine Pickens & Metcalf as our WRs today? If you are gonna take a flier on guys do it in the later rounds. If it is a one off its no big deal. There is so much luck in drafting Im not ready to conclusively say its a trend but if Rice busts then it is. So far though I like Rices pedigree bjt most draft nerds also didnt like the pick.
There were some character concerns surrounding Pickens when he was coming out that it’s entirely possible - and in my view likely - that he wasn’t even on the board for the Chiefs as a result (or was much lower on the board). And that’s why they felt comfortable trading down.

As for Metcalf vs Hardman, this is kinda an easy one: Hardman looks a lot more like Tyreek Hill whom he was drafted to replace/as insurance for than Metcalf.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:19 AM 09-08-2023
There were some character concerns surrounding Pickens when he was coming out that it’s entirely possible - and in my view likely - that he wasn’t even on the board for the Chiefs as a result (or was much lower on the board). And that’s why they felt comfortable trading down.

As for Metcalf vs Hardman, this is kinda an easy one: Hardman looks a lot more like Tyreek Hill whom he was drafted to replace/as insurance for than Metcalf.
If they wanted speed Terry Mclaurin was also on the board. 4.3 speed and unlike Mecole he runs crisp, precise routes.

DK also fast but clumsy. So Mclaurin was the fit if they wanted a type.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:23 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If they wanted speed Terry Mclaurin was also on the board. 4.3 speed and unlike Mecole he runs crisp, precise routes.

DK also fast but clumsy. So Mclaurin was the fit if they wanted a type.

Terry McLaurin. Still boggles my mind we didn't take him when we had the chance. JFC.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:18 PM 09-08-2023
Hopkins is trash, we on the Mike Evans train now! Choooo Choooo mother fuckers!
[Reply]
New World Order 03:23 PM 09-08-2023
I think Marquise Brown is a legit trade target.

He's cheap and productive. These other guys cost an arm and a leg.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:25 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
NO WE HAVE TO TALK T BOONE PICKENS CUZ NOT DRAFTING HIM AND METCALF IS A REFLECTION OF HOW TERRIBLE AND SINFUL CHIEFS FANS ARE
I wanted Ross Perot over T Boone, but ah well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think Marquise Brown is a legit trade target.

He's cheap and productive. These other guys cost an arm and a leg.

Lol, we aren't trading for anyone. The WR room is locked in for 2023. or so I've been told repeatedly. In this thread, iirc.

As for hollywood . . . bear in mind that I'm an OU fan since birth and have always rooted for any OU alums . . .

he's undersized 5'9", 180 lbs., and he shies away from contact. Not great with contested balls. limited ability between the numbers, almost strictly a boundary receiver.

Pass.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:27 PM 09-08-2023
Hmmm, well I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks before deciding that all of our WRs are JAG/Busts.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:29 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hmmm, well I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks before deciding that all of our WRs are JAG/Busts.

Lol, yeah Week 1 is a tad bit early to throw away the baby and the water.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:30 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, we aren't trading for anyone. The WR room is locked in for 2023. or so I've been told repeatedly. In this thread, iirc.

As for hollywood . . . bear in mind that I'm an OU fan since birth and have always rooted for any OU alums . . .

he's undersized 5'9", 180 lbs., and he shies away from contact. Not great with contested balls. limited ability between the numbers, almost strictly a boundary receiver.

Pass.
We've done fine with speedy, undersized receivers.

This isn't free agency. We don't have our pick of the litter. Who would you suggest that's realistic?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09-08-2023, 03:32 PM
This message has been deleted by jerryaldini.
Megatron96 03:51 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We've done fine with speedy, undersized receivers.

This isn't free agency. We don't have our pick of the litter. Who would you suggest that's realistic?

I don't even know who might be available at this point. I'm simply pointing out that Hollywood is basically the exact opposite of the kind of player we need. We have smallish, fast WRs. We really don't need another one.

We need a Sammy Watkins physical type (6'1"+, 210-lbs.) with a similar skillset, meaning physical at the snap, above average release, able and willing to battle for passes over the middle, a LARGE CATCH RADIUS, veteran craftiness and IQ.

If one of those is still available, then that guy.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:53 PM 09-08-2023
Dk Metcalf would have feasted with Mahomes
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:56 PM 09-08-2023
yeah, yeah, yeah... DK, Pickens, or Hopkins would've thrived in KC but no use crying over spilled milk.

I'm curious now who might become available during the season if our WRs continue to underperform.

Could you imagine Devante Adams in Chiefs red!?!? lol how many posts to make THAT trade happen!?
[Reply]
Page 272 of 324
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Up