ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 271 of 324
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:50 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
No. I act like he is very talented and we passed on him. It was a big mistake at the time, and it can still be viewed as a big mistake now. Something as glaring as that, needs to be remembered so it doesn't happen again. Who would you rather have, Pickins or Moore? That was the choice and its as easy now as it was last year.
And if Moore was in Pittsburgh killing it you be bitching the chiefs didn’t draft him. Pittsburgh has a long history of producing wide receivers. A lot of draft experts loved Moore coming out of college.
[Reply]
TEX 06:50 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You having an ax to grind is helping in terms of it not happening again? Are you emailing Veach and Mahomes every week to remind them to listen to you next time?
Nope. Not helping at all. But Id bet Veach knows now. And IF Veach would have listened to me, or anybody else that wanted Pickens over Moore, the Chiefs woukd be better for it. Do you disagree?
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:55 AM 09-08-2023
Nope. Not helping at all. But Id bet Veach knows now. And IF Veach would have listen to me, or anybody else that wanted Pickens over Moore, the Chiefs woukd be better for it. Do you disagree?
Pickens looked pretty good last year with a terrible QB situation.

We might end up pointing at Pickens when we talk about Moore, the same way we look at picking Mecole Hartman when DK Metcalf was still on the board.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:13 AM 09-08-2023
Nope. Not helping at all. But Id bet Veach knows now. And IF Veach would have listened to me, or anybody else that wanted Pickens over Moore, the Chiefs woukd be better for it. Do you disagree?
Knows what now? That drafting players is like throwing darts?

He probably already knows that.

If Mahomes wants to throw to someone, I'll trust that. He doesn't know how players will adjust to the NFL, the complete fit in a scheme/role, and so on through all the different variables... but, he seems like a pretty good quarterback at least with some pretty good leadership around him, so I guess we're stuck with the risk that they aren't perfectly able to hit on every draft pick to the extent of being immediately productive.

Shame.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:19 AM 09-08-2023
Hell, remember pining over Tyreek last season and how silly that looked at the end of the year?

As I've always said, it's like people get MiB flashy thingied every preseason just so they can do it all over again..
[Reply]
TEX 07:39 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Knows what now? That drafting players is like throwing darts?

He probably already knows that.

If Mahomes wants to throw to someone, I'll trust that. He doesn't know how players will adjust to the NFL, the complete fit in a scheme/role, and so on through all the different variables... but, he seems like a pretty good quarterback at least with some pretty good leadership around him, so I guess we're stuck with the risk that they aren't perfectly able to hit on every draft pick to the extent of being immediately productive.

Shame.
You're a smart dude, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You're just playing the contrarian. Every now and then it becomes your thing. And you didn't answer my question. But that's okay.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:41 AM 09-08-2023
If drafting players is "like throwing darts" then Veach has missed on all of the offensive skill position players he has drafted... not named Pacheco... since becoming GM.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:48 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If drafting players is "like throwing darts" then Veach has missed on all of the offensive skill position players he has drafted... not named Pacheco... since becoming GM.
Meh.

They've drafted heavy on Defense and fatties early since he took the job.

Hardman was a forced pick with Tyreek not able to avoid the baby mama drama, MEH was fine until he broke his dick and Moore has been the last one taken before Saturday.

Not a lot of stabs at it, exactly.

Moore will look like a pretty damn bad pick though if he flames out.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:50 AM 09-08-2023
I have no idea why we’re still talking about George Pickens.

I too wanted to draft him over Moore, but it’s done. Veach hits on some and misses on others, the same as any other GM. I’d rather have the guy who can put together a roster that wins a SB than an ace at drafting skill position wonders like Pickens.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:55 AM 09-08-2023
When Veach has focused on rebuilding a position group, he's been lights out. Namely the OL and DBs. Maybe it's time to really focus on WRs the same way, rather than cobbling together a group of bargain bin players and day 2 picks.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:06 AM 09-08-2023
I don't think it's so much that he has missed the dart board on these guys, it's that they've been overdrafted.

Regardless of what the mocks said about CEH, Hardman, Moore, et al we've spent a significant amount of draft capital on guys who seem to have fairly obvious limitations to their ability to become difference makers at the NFL level
[Reply]
New World Order 08:09 AM 09-08-2023
Pretty much.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:11 AM 09-08-2023
You're a smart dude, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You're just playing the contrarian. Every now and then it becomes your thing. And you didn't answer my question. But that's okay.
Not really... I'm not blind to people making mistakes or guessing wrong. You can look at every draft ever and see how many teams passed on players who clearly should have been drafted higher if drafting college kids was easy and predictable.

If it makes you feel better for people to specifically say the Chiefs would be better with Pickens.... uh ok, the Chiefs would (probably) be better with Pickens.

Not sure what anyone who matters will learn from that.:-)

And if he's amazing, he'd also have 3 seasons left here before asking for the moon and being traded or going elsewhere, so let us know in a few years, because right now it doesn't matter at all.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:15 AM 09-08-2023
What does Skyy Moore have to do with Blumpkins?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:17 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What does Skyy Moore have to do with Blumpkins?
He blows, and is close to shit at this point?
[Reply]
Page 271 of 324
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321 > Last »
Up