ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 271 of 333
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
myselff77 10:00 AM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There HAVE been encouraging signs in the second half. Singer and Ragans have been nice pieces over the second half.
The Royals seem to always have encouraging signs in the second half which in the past led me to be overly optimistic for the following season. I'm now jaded over 2nd half performances.

Does anyone have opinions on this? Has it been poor execution of any sort of offseason programs? Do they need a sports psychologist to come in for the first two months of the season? Maybe they are tired to start the season from competing for all those cactus league championships? Could this offseason be different with the current coaching staff now having a full year and continuing their new approach? I want to believe...
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:05 AM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Looks like they called up John McMillon. Guy throws 100 mph and has dominated the minors this year. Has struck out almost half the batters he's faced. Going to get a look if he can be a bullpen arm or even a closer I'd bet.
I'm still shocked to this day that McMillon didn't get drafted in the first 10 rounds after leading Texas Tech to the 2019 College World Series.

He was a shutdown fireballer that gave the Red Raiders length. Obviously, it's the walks that hurt his draft stock, but thought he was too much of an arm talent to get taken in the 11th round by the Tigers. He didn't sign of course.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:20 AM 08-17-2023

A person very close to the investigations into the case of Wander Franco: "It will be very unlikely that Wander Franco will play in MLB again, judging by the results of the investigations that are currently being carried out, which directly commit him to the accusations against… https://t.co/Yn5CGckJgE

— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) August 17, 2023

I know innocent until proven guilty and all that, but this is looking really bad for Wander. Must be digging up some pretty bad shit.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:52 AM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
The Royals seem to always have encouraging signs in the second half which in the past led me to be overly optimistic for the following season. I'm now jaded over 2nd half performances.

Does anyone have opinions on this? Has it been poor execution of any sort of offseason programs? Do they need a sports psychologist to come in for the first two months of the season? Maybe they are tired to start the season from competing for all those cactus league championships? Could this offseason be different with the current coaching staff now having a full year and continuing their new approach? I want to believe...
I want to believe to. Personally I think they have 3/5 SP, and need to add one corner Of bat and they could maybe compete for the division. But will ownership invest?
[Reply]
nychief 12:44 PM 08-17-2023
Zerpa is never making the leap.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:11 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:

It's one thing to have a strong September. It's another to show it over several-month sample sizes.

But yeah, it does have the feel of something that might evaporate at the start of next season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:25 PM 08-17-2023
ESPN article came out with a contract projection for Shohei Ohtani.

Their prediction...

12 yr $787.9 mil

That contract would have a 99% chance of being the worst contract in sports history. He will turn 30 in his first year and players can fall off fast after that. There is no way he'd keep up production to the point that the contract would be worth it. Damn near $70 mil a year is ludicrous, especially over 12 seasons and in a sport like baseball in which you can have that very player and pair him with one of the greatest players ever and not make the playoffs.

The only player in professional sports thatd I would give that contract to would be Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:48 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
ESPN article came out with a contract projection for Shohei Ohtani.

Their prediction...

12 yr $787.9 mil

That contract would have a 99% chance of being the worst contract in sports history. He will turn 30 in his first year and players can fall off fast after that. There is no way he'd keep up production to the point that the contract would be worth it. Damn near $70 mil a year is ludicrous, especially over 12 seasons and in a sport like baseball in which you can have that very player and pair him with one of the greatest players ever and not make the playoffs.

The only player in professional sports thatd I would give that contract to would be Patrick Mahomes.
He really does warrant a double contract. I'd request TWO contracts if I were him. One for his offense and another as a pitcher. I'd want to be paid based on both merits fairly.

With that said, baseball is a sport where you can really set your franchise back if you pay the wrong guy. It's hard to say any guy is worth 50M a year. No one baseball player can impact the team the same way a QB can in football or any player in basketball.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:53 PM 08-18-2023
BWJ is white hot.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:57 PM 08-18-2023
barely missed another dong too...78 rib's..
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:57 PM 08-18-2023
BWJ is unconscious
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:57 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
BWJ is white hot.
Didn't even look like he barreled that one up. Damn he is just crushing the ball.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:59 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Didn't even look like he barreled that one up. Damn he is just crushing the ball.
One of those that just kept carrying and carrying. Bellinger looked like he was underneath it but tracked it until he ran out of room.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:29 PM 08-18-2023
Mofo is hitting .341 with a 1.035 OPS over his last 30 games with 9 HRs and 30 RBIs. He's playing like a guy that could carry a team.

Ragans with another pretty good outting so far.

6 IP/8 Hits/3 ER/2 BBs/9 Ks

Really exciting stuff from him. Counting today's game he's pitched 28 2/3 innings/2.20 ERA/36 strikeouts/10 walks

A simple change of adding a slider has him looking like a borderline ace of he can get the hits down a tad.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:49 PM 08-18-2023
Bobby is on pace for 100+ ribs, 100 runs scored, 32 hrs and 50 sb.....wow
[Reply]
Page 271 of 333
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321 > Last »
Up