ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 271 of 469
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:10 PM 07-27-2022
Be nice to see Massey get that 40 man spot
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:15 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trade checker has it as a pretty even trade.

Royals
Way 4.6
Sikkema 2
Champlain .8
Total 7.4

Yankees
Beni 8.1
Total 8.1
Doesn't seem too even to me. The more guys you need on one side to "equal" the 1 guy on the other side means the 3 guys each individually aren't that good.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:21 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Inclined to agree.

If you're gonna trade your quarter, you need at least 3 dimes.

That said, rentals just don't get much these days. They haven't for awhile. The time to make deals for higher quality prospects is typically in the off-season. But unfortunately for the Royals, Benintendi didn't have the kind of season in 2021 that he's having in 2022 so his value just wasn't as high as they needed it to be.

This return is...solid. Unspectacular, but I don't see how you can have expected anything more than this with the market being what it's been in recent years.
Inclined ???
[Reply]
jd1020 10:24 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Doesn't seem too even to me. The more guys you need on one side to "equal" the 1 guy on the other side means the 3 guys each individually aren't that good.
To be fair that site is completely full of shit.

They dont tell you their formula other than they collect data from various sites, Fangraphs being one of them, to put a number value on players. If you spend even a little time reading up on how Fangraphs puts value on their grades and then start putting things together and compare it to that trade value simulation shit it doesn't even make sense.

Last off season I first heard about that shit and started playing around with it. Started with Ian Happ to the Yankees and seeing what they feel he was worth and what could come back from the Yankees. They had Ian Happ at double the value of Gleyber Torres. I stopped taking that site seriously right then and there.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Poor guys parents must not have loved him. Naming a boy Kiley.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 10:28 PM 07-27-2022
CosmoBitch replied back-to-back in this thread. Why even try to hide it at this point? Good on them(him) for the effort though.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:40 PM 07-27-2022
Daeten Muhor to do list:
1. Take Ryan O'Hearn to the train station.
2. Exchange Whit Merrifield for Ken Harvey. Last time I checked he was dominating the Grandview, MO beer league softball league.
3. Trade Dozier + MAT for some back end starter or/and long reliever to eat innings.
4. Throw some money at a Japanese pitcher. I want unreadable Japanese ads around Kaufman. We've never had one of those and I want the Mr Baseball experience in KC.
5. Either leave Kowar in the pen, or if you still dream of him as a SP. Trade Barlow. The very least make him cut his hair...and wash it.
6. Make Olivares take the needle. Need to see if he can really hit. Don't ever let him talk to Mondesi.
7. Buy a top end starter. Overpay. Whatever it takes. Make Gil Meche pay for it. The guy likes giving money away.
8. Take Mondesi under the Mamba roller coaster at Worlds of Fun and bury him alive. Put him out of his misery.
9. Promote Michael Massey to MLB. Promote Tyler Gentry to AAA. Get Kyle Davies to hire Eric Skoglund at his construction company in Florida so he can stop playing baseball.
10. Convert Mike Matheny and Cal Eldred to scientology. Then fire them.
11. If none of this works, rename the team to the Raytown Royals. 10 runs gets fans free toast at the Denny's on the hill.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
CosmoBitch replied back-to-back in this thread. Why even try to hide it at this point? Good on them(him) for the effort though.
And the posts were pretty much the same thing lol
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I wanna go fast...next year. Buy three ****ing pitchers and lets go.

C - Salvador Perez
1B - Nick Pratto
2B - Michael Massey
SS - Bobby Witt Jr
3B - Rivera or buy one
DH - Vinnie Pasquantino
LF - Tyler Gentry
CF - Drew Waters
RF/C - MJ Melendez
UTIL - Nicky Lopez

That’s a wet dream lineup. Hopefully Olivares & Isbel can be bench players too.

I’d love to see a trade that brings back 2-3 pitchers who are close to major league ready & a major league ready 3B too.

Trade:
Benintendi
Merrifield
MAT
Dozier
Barlow
Staumont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:49 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:50 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s a wet dream lineup. Hopefully Olivares & Isbel can be bench players too.

I’d love to see a trade that brings back 2-3 pitchers who are close to major league ready & a major league ready 3B too.

Trade:
Benintendi
Merrifield
MAT
Dozier
Barlow
Staumont

Beni was the biggest trade chip we had and the return on him was mediocre. We're not getting anything close to major league ready anything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:50 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Did you miss the action lol
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sikkema!!!

M.I.Z!

Watched him pitch probably a dozen times at Mizzou. Quality stuff - has a shot

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Be nice to see Massey get that 40 man spot

Merrifield needs to be traded for that to happen.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:59 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Did you miss the action lol

Yeah I got talked into going to the fair. I knew I’d be late if a trade happened tonight but I thought Moore would draw it out. Oh well.

[Reply]
Page 271 of 469
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371 > Last »
Up