ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 333
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:20 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It would be pretty ridiculous to do that but it's an odd thing to think about.

Will the Royals pay him what he wants? Can they even get close seeing as he'll be a FA at 27 so you'd have to pay huge money to get him to not want to go to FA...on top of that I doubt there are any teams that have the ability to put together a good enough package...ok maybe Baltimore but it'd literally make no sense for them to do that.

Can probably buy out a year, maybe two, by giving him a much bigger payday in years 3-5 than he otherwise would get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
nychief 03:36 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Quit coming in this thread and spouting off this asinine shit that's been explained a million times.

1) Blow me.

2) It's not asinine, it's reality. This front office has so thoroughly fucked up this franchise with terrible draft after terrible draft that there is no fucking window for a talent like Witt... I mean, we could supplement with free agents but...hahahaha.. I can't even finish that thought.

I'm just saying give it another year, then see where we are, maybe something miraculous will happen... but let's be honest, is there a single solitary chance in hell that Witt is in the starting lineup when the new stadium opens?

3) Blow me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:43 PM 08-16-2023
I mean, the actual reality is this team probably won't have a realistic window for a very long time. Perhaps decades. It's the reality of small market baseball. So there's really no point to trading away what appears to be a blossoming superstar even if it is for a horde of assets that MIGHT be nearly as good.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:46 PM 08-16-2023
If nothing happens this off-season and you get to next off-season and he's progressed even more...

You're nearing that 400 million price tag.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:49 PM 08-16-2023
And frankly, I've seen enough of Piccolos dealings to feel pretty confident that even if trading Witt Jr is the right move down the line, I'd much rather he not be the one determining the best package back.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:50 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
And frankly, I've seen enough of Piccolos dealings to feel pretty confident that even if trading Witt Jr is the right move down the line, I'd much rather he not be the one determining the best package back.
JJ really impressed me with his trade deadline acquisitions. The draft pissed me off at the time, but I'm willing to wait and see with what happens in there development. I'm actually kinda excited to see what they do in the offseason and sorta hopeful now. I really believe Dayton was such an overbearing micromanager that just ruined everything and tried shoving old school values and processes down everyone's throats. If next year we lose anywhere close to 100 games and we don't do anything drastic to help bolster the pitching during the off-season, then JJ and Squirmin Sherman can go.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:51 PM 08-16-2023
I don’t think they trade Witt this offseason. I think you give it one more go, try to get an extension done that is something like 6/120 or 7/150 (incentive for him is to get the big paydays starting in 2024 instead of having to wait until his second and third trip through arbitration; incentive for KC is to get another year or 2 of Witt’s services).

There HAVE been encouraging signs in the second half. Singer and Ragans have been nice pieces over the second half.

The offense has had a lot of guys perform more in line with what was hoped and expected coming into the year. If Witt is performing at a true star level and Garcia and Waters and Massey are being above-average contributors, there’s a path to a good home-grown offense there. Especially if Pasquantino comes back and is what he has shown he can be.

With some shrewd moves and good signings in free agency, KC could shift into contention mode next year, at least in the weak AL Central.

I wouldn’t expect them to swing at the top of the market, but landing, say, Jordan Montgomery on a nice mid-sized deal, and adding some lefthanded pop via free agency would be smart adds.

I also think Perez and the Marlins will remain good options for each other. They have a surplus of young SP and could really match up well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:52 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
1) Blow me.

2) It's not asinine, it's reality. This front office has so thoroughly ****ed up this franchise with terrible draft after terrible draft that there is no ****ing window for a talent like Witt... I mean, we could supplement with free agents but...hahahaha.. I can't even finish that thought.

I'm just saying give it another year, then see where we are, maybe something miraculous will happen... but let's be honest, is there a single solitary chance in hell that Witt is in the starting lineup when the new stadium opens?

3) Blow me.
So your plan is to get rid of the guy that is probably an MVP candidate next year and let this front office (that isn't responsible for anything but this year) that you think is completely fucked up decide what the proper value for BWJ?

How is that not asinine?
[Reply]
tk13 06:11 PM 08-16-2023
Angel Hernandez calling the game tonight. Buckle up.
[Reply]
tk13 06:13 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t think they trade Witt this offseason. I think you give it one more go, try to get an extension done that is something like 6/120 or 7/150 (incentive for him is to get the big paydays starting in 2024 instead of having to wait until his second and third trip through arbitration; incentive for KC is to get another year or 2 of Witt’s services).

There HAVE been encouraging signs in the second half. Singer and Ragans have been nice pieces over the second half.

The offense has had a lot of guys perform more in line with what was hoped and expected coming into the year. If Witt is performing at a true star level and Garcia and Waters and Massey are being above-average contributors, there’s a path to a good home-grown offense there. Especially if Pasquantino comes back and is what he has shown he can be.

With some shrewd moves and good signings in free agency, KC could shift into contention mode next year, at least in the weak AL Central.

I wouldn’t expect them to swing at the top of the market, but landing, say, Jordan Montgomery on a nice mid-sized deal, and adding some lefthanded pop via free agency would be smart adds.

I also think Perez and the Marlins will remain good options for each other. They have a surplus of young SP and could really match up well.
I also think Melendez is going to be a piece. He has so much power. Maybe he only becomes a low average, high power guy but he's only 24 and has so much room to grow.
[Reply]
tk13 06:16 PM 08-16-2023
Then again if we trade for Ty France this team is winning the World Series next year when he hits .735 with 92 HR.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:08 PM 08-16-2023
I know the farm system ranking but I really like the group at NW Arkansas right now.

Carry on.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:18 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

JJ and Sherman have sort of said in interviews lately that we need some veterans. Would be nice to find a couple Benintendi type trades.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:02 PM 08-16-2023
Do the Cubs have anymore Cuban outfielders we can trade relief pitchers for?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:20 PM 08-16-2023
I would rather my daughter be picked up at middle school by Wander Franco than watch the this team
[Reply]
Page 270 of 333
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Up