View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 270 of 343
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:54 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Nijman is an RFA. They can resign him on the cheap for one year. Bakhtiari has had horrible issues staying healthy while being 31 and only has 2 years left on his deal. Not sure why if Nijman is any good, not sure he is as their OL has not been all that, that the Packers would let him get away when they could sign him to a tender offer that would keep him around for one more, and then they could dump Bakhtiari and save $21M on the cap.
Getting value out of guys is what's most important to them, though. They might just go with the 2nd round tender and take the draft pick if he signs an offer sheet. Pulling in a 2nd for an undrafted free agent is something they will find hard to pass up.

They also have Zach Tom who has looked good and the Packers, for all their flaws, are fantastic at finding and developing o-lineman. Not sure what their secret is, but they pump them out like crazy.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:57 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd go with Mecks guy Nijman. I don't think the Packers can keep him around financially.
A 1st round RFA tender is only 6 million and he's their starting RT, plus he plays extremely well at LT when Bakhtiari is injured. They will find any way possible to afford that.

I get that he's a good fit and stuff like that, but I cannot even remotely fathom a situation where you're not giving up a 1st to pry that kid away from them.

I think it's moot to even consider him at this point unless Veach does something aggressive like trading Chris Jones. If he did that, then yeah, I could see him using the high pick he'd gain from Jones on a pass rusher and the late 1 to snag Yosh from GB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:05 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Nijman is an RFA. They can resign him on the cheap for one year. Bakhtiari has had horrible issues staying healthy while being 31 and only has 2 years left on his deal. Not sure why if Nijman is any good, not sure he is as their OL has not been all that, that the Packers would let him get away when they could sign him to a tender offer that would keep him around for one more, and then they could dump Bakhtiari and save $21M on the cap.
I'm pretty sure they'd have to match an offer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:06 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
A plan that involves signing Conklin to a top of market RT deal, or Elgton Jenkins, paired with signing Andre Dillae to a short, friendly, prove-it deal seems like the route to go to me. And then you invest in the draft in someone to push Dillard and be the long-term starter…

That seems like the optimal route to me.

And one that could be accomplished with the same AAV as Brown would cost by himself.
THIS. And see, your last sentence is THE WHOLE POINT.

This is what I've been trying to say for almost a year now.
[Reply]
TEX 10:08 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
People are talking about the LT position like it's impossible to find decent ones. It's really not. It's difficult to find elite ones for sure, but clearly Brown is not that and never will be. He's not even adequate, he's downright awful, especially in this offense. So you're not losing a damn thing letting him go, because any slightly above average tackle is going to be better.

Hell, you can go sign a guy like Kelvin Beachum from Arizona who has a 71.4 PFF rating (I know, screw PFF but you get the point) for probably $8-10 million on a 2 year deal and draft someone to groom. He plays with a similar style QB in Murray so he and Mahomes should gel quickly. It's not really a doomsday scenario, especially since basically anything will be an upgrade. Not to mention there will surely be other veterans released as well.

The guy can't play here, end of story. Signing him would be a catastrophic mistake. I just hope to God we can get through the year without Mahomes getting killed, and these guys better damn well figure something out this time around, and that goes for RT too. This whole deal of expecting Pat to be a wizard every game has got to end, because he's eventually going to get sick of it and/or get hurt.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 AM 12-07-2022
I don’t think the Packers will part with Nijman unless it’s for a 1st. It’s easy for them to do and they technically need him with all of the issues happening to Bakhtiari. They have all the leverage here.

The consequence for needing a LT is expensive. It will either be expensive in money or draft picks. I think our best shot is to fill the roster out with money at DE and RT and then trade up for a LT like Broderick Jones. Probably trading our 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd (one of these should be a 2024 draft pick)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:14 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
THIS. And see, your last sentence is THE WHOLE POINT.

This is what I've been trying to say for almost a year now.
Yes. If Brown had continued to play like a top 10 NFL left tackle, you pay up and be OK with while hoping he continues to improve.

But he has not. His play has been more uneven this year.

I don't think the Chiefs will overpay for him, based on the way things went in the spring.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:26 AM 12-07-2022
Too bad we can’t give Orlando Brown Eric Fishers’ feet.
[Reply]
-King- 11:25 AM 12-07-2022
Can't believe 55 people wanted to give him 6years 145M in the off season.

God damn that would have been a disaster
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:26 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Too bad we can’t give Orlando Brown Eric Fishers’ feet.
At this point I’d be willing to try and make a deal for Fisher’s feet.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Can't believe 55 people wanted to give him 6years 145M in the off season.

God damn that would have been a disaster
He’s been significantly worse this season. He struggled at times last year. He’s just straight up gotten his ass kicked this year.

Sunday was his worst performance by far. What a fucking embarrassment to get beat and need a RB to chip for you on 3 man rushes.

I mean holy fucking shit man.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:38 AM 12-07-2022
The most disappointing part is Orlando had been playing really well the last month.

Then he just totally shit the bed in Cincy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:34 PM 12-07-2022
mahomes needed a half second more

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:51 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomes needed a half second more

So in the bottom pic JM isn’t really open. But there was a point when he was still running to that spot, when he was still closer to the numbers than the sideline, about 1.5 seconds earlier, when he was looking back at PM, around the 35-yd line wide open.

Hit him then, and it’s a foot race between him and the DB to the sticks. Let him make a play, as PM likes to say before every game.
[Reply]
TEX 12:56 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The most disappointing part is Orlando had been playing really well the last month.

Then he just totally shit the bed in Cincy.
He's not what KC needs at LT.
[Reply]
Page 270 of 343
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Up