ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 295
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:54 PM 02-16-2023
Pop is going to run for 1,200+ next year... RB isn't our issue. And honestly, my dream idea would be.

Let JuJu walk, Trade for Hopkins.

Hopkins > Toney > MVS > Sky would be damn near unstoppable.

We beef up on D-Line and 2ndary this draft. With some late round O-linemen I think.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:27 PM 02-16-2023
I wonder what other picks Mahomes said he wanted that Veach overruled.

Veach asked Pat who he wanted and he said Clyde.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:33 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

FWIW no one realistically could have seen him play this poorly. Only in retrospect was he a bad pick but at the time he brought a skill set to a team fresh off a SB win and with very few glaring weaknesses.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-16-2023

Dude, Veach didn't pick CEH because Mahomes wanted him. You're smarter than this lol
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:36 PM 02-16-2023
I wouldn't hate keeping him as the backup, if he's willing to serve in that role.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
FWIW no one realistically could have seen him play this poorly. Only in retrospect was he a bad pick but at the time he brought a skill set to a team fresh off a SB win and with very few glaring weaknesses.
And to be honest, he played pretty well early in his first season. It was all downhill from there.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:38 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, Veach didn't pick CEH because Mahomes wanted him. You're smarter than this lol
Veach did an interview after the draft where he says he asked Pat the day of the draft who he wanted and Pat chose Clyde. Obviously if someone Veach felt had more value fell to that spot, Clyde wouldn’t be the pick…but that’s what Veach said himself.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:40 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And to be honest, he played pretty well early in his first season. It was all downhill from there.
Yeah, he just never became what it was thought he would become. I honestly believe had he not been drafted in the 1st (even if it was with the #32 pick) he would not have faced as much flak for his performance.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:42 PM 02-16-2023
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...e?platform=amp

But when Chiefs general manager Brett Veach texted star quarterback Patrick Mahomes shortly before the start of the 2020 NFL draft and asked which player the quarterback wanted the Chiefs to select, Mahomes' one-word reply was "Clyde."
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:48 PM 02-16-2023
Yeah, he just never became what it was thought he would become. I honestly believe had he not been drafted in the 1st (even if it was with the #32 pick) he would not have faced as much flak for his performance.
And even if he had been drafted in the 4th round, he would have ended up in the same boat. A 7th round rookie took his job so ferociously that it pretty much ended CEH's role in KC.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:48 PM 02-16-2023
Dude averages 4.4 YPC over his career. That's pretty solid. He was productive for a "bust".

17 TD's in 2.5 seasons. I mean, for a bust, we sure did get some production out of him.

He just wasn't special like we thought he'd be. He's average. But because he's not special we act like he's below average.

I expect he'll be on the roster come TC.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:49 PM 02-16-2023
Veach did an interview after the draft where he says he asked Pat the day of the draft who he wanted and Pat chose Clyde. Obviously if someone Veach felt had more value fell to that spot, Clyde wouldn’t be the pick…but that’s what Veach said himself.
I'm aware. Per usual you're reading way too much into what is said at a PC.

Veach isn't drafting based on what Mahomes tells him.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:51 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And even if he had been drafted in the 4th round, he would have ended up in the same boat. A 7th round rookie took his job so ferociously that it pretty much ended CEH's role in KC.
Correct on all. But if he was a 4th rounder then no one would have really batted an eye that he lost out to Pacheco. It’s only because he was a 1st rounder that many people already hated that made it seem worse.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 02-16-2023
Correct on all. But if he was a 4th rounder then no one would have really batted an eye that he lost out to Pacheco. It’s only because he was a 1st rounder that many people already hated that made it seem worse.
Oh I don't disagree with that at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:11 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude averages 4.4 YPC over his career. That's pretty solid. He was productive for a "bust".

17 TD's in 2.5 seasons. I mean, for a bust, we sure did get some production out of him.

He just wasn't special like we thought he'd be. He's average. But because he's not special we act like he's below average.

I expect he'll be on the roster come TC.
All of this. He's a good back and catches the ball pretty well. I'd absolutely keep him for next season.
[Reply]
Page 270 of 295
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280 > Last »
Up