ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 192
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
JPH83 12:30 PM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It would cost our 1st
He's probably a top 5 WR right now, I think they'd ask for more than a late 1st wouldn't they?

It's a realy nice looking WR draft class. I think this is the year to double dip and play the numbers game. It's just too good value to hit on a WR and get them cheap for years. That's my preference. If it all still looks like ass next year then we can trade for a proven commodity.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:58 PM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's probably a top 5 WR right now, I think they'd ask for more than a late 1st wouldn't they?

It's a realy nice looking WR draft class. I think this is the year to double dip and play the numbers game. It's just too good value to hit on a WR and get them cheap for years. That's my preference. If it all still looks like ass next year then we can trade for a proven commodity.
Is he? Idk... Evans has out produced Ayiuk over the course of his time in the NFL and is available without giving up a 1st.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:46 PM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Is he? Idk... Evans has out produced Ayiuk over the course of his time in the NFL and is available without giving up a 1st.
I think he's probably there or thereabouts yeah. But I don't disagree in going after a guy in FA rather than trade. I keep saying it but i want a guy in FA that's at least a top 50 type. Brown etc. Then 2 WRs in the draft. We need an overhaul.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:04 PM 12-23-2023
I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Egbuka. Hope he does fall to 32...

Scouting reports and eye tests show a guy who is savvy working into soft spots of zones, who also has the twitch and suddeness to separate against man, with good hands, long arms, enough speed to be a 3-levels receiver, and some contact balance to help with YAC.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:20 AM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Egbuka. Hope he does fall to 32...

Scouting reports and eye tests show a guy who is savvy working into soft spots of zones, who also has the twitch and suddeness to separate against man, with good hands, long arms, enough speed to be a 3-levels receiver, and some contact balance to help with YAC.
We'll have to see what happens with how teams grade him out. For me, he's the 3rd best WR in this class behind Harrison and Nabers. Some have Odunze and Coleman over him but even if that is the case he's probably gone by 23-ish if I'm guessing. I think we'd have to move up some no matter what. I hope and dream we get the kid but I'll settle for Franklin.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:01 AM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We'll have to see what happens with how teams grade him out. For me, he's the 3rd best WR in this class behind Harrison and Nabers. Some have Odunze and Coleman over him but even if that is the case he's probably gone by 23-ish if I'm guessing. I think we'd have to move up some no matter what. I hope and dream we get the kid but I'll settle for Franklin.

Agree about him being #3.

Odense and Coleman are going to test really well and I think that may move 5hem ahead.

I’m expecting the Bengals to tag and trade Higgins and replace him in the draft. Will be interesting to see what they go for if they go that route.

Another big physical guy to be a weapon on YOLO deep balls when Chase is doubled? Or someone more like Boyd, who is also a FA?
[Reply]
JPH83 10:57 AM 12-24-2023
I'd prefer Odunze to Egbuka, I just think he's a better athlete, even if there's a little less polish there. But yeah, he's going a fair bit earlier I suspect. I don't like Coleman half as much

I'll be sick as a dog if the Bengals steal a top target of ours.
[Reply]
O.city 03:56 PM 12-24-2023
2 1s for ceedee
[Reply]
kccrow 05:48 PM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'd prefer Odunze to Egbuka, I just think he's a better athlete, even if there's a little less polish there. But yeah, he's going a fair bit earlier I suspect. I don't like Coleman half as much

I'll be sick as a dog if the Bengals steal a top target of ours.
Egbuka ran a 4.42 in 2019 in the high school all-star shit. There's a legitimately high probability he runs in the 4.3s. Odunze hasn't put that mark up, but his coaches have reported he's running 4.3s, though I don't necessarily trust it. Egbuka certainly looks faster on tape to me. Neither is bad in the size department. I'd be happy if either got into our range. I don't suspect it. I think Coleman will be the one to drop.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:16 AM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Egbuka ran a 4.42 in 2019 in the high school all-star shit. There's a legitimately high probability he runs in the 4.3s. Odunze hasn't put that mark up, but his coaches have reported he's running 4.3s, though I don't necessarily trust it. Egbuka certainly looks faster on tape to me. Neither is bad in the size department. I'd be happy if either got into our range. I don't suspect it. I think Coleman will be the one to drop.
Could well be right. Funny thing I find is that I can look at a guy's tape from one year and see a totally different player to his tape from another year. Last year Odunze looked bigger and slower, this year shiftier, and rhe opposite for Egbuka. Go figure.

In any case, Odunze is definitely bigger and playing far more on the outside that Egbuka. I don't know that Egbuka isn't a better slot given that's where most of his snaps are coming from. I AM certain that isn't Odunze's role. I just think he's going to beat man more frequently and if it's not with speed it'll be with physicality. More strings to his bow imo.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:17 AM 12-25-2023
Agree it'll be Coleman who drops. I'm not really interested in him tbh
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:39 AM 12-25-2023
Take Tory Horton off your 2024 lists. Surprisingly announced he’s coming back to CSU for another season.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:00 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Take Tory Horton off your 2024 lists. Surprisingly announced he’s coming back to CSU for another season.
Will Sheppard transferred to Colorado. Take him off your lists as well.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:27 AM 12-26-2023
Whoever is left, I want all of them now. Ye Gods we need some WR talent
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:28 AM 12-26-2023
ESPN listed the following WRs in their 1st rounders with plus traits list:

Harrison Jr = Comp AJ Green
Nabers = Comp J. Chase
Odunze = Comp S. Diggs
Coleman = Comp D. London
[Reply]
Page 27 of 192