— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:54 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s not a black and white issue guys.

Also…before this happened.
Yeah, it pretty much is.

The eye lash girl was mad the white girls beat SC. I'm sure their was a lot of jealousy about how popular Caitlin was becoming in a sport typically dominated by African Americans.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:01 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah, it pretty much is.

The eye lash girl was mad the white girls beat SC. I'm sure their was a lot of jealousy about how popular Caitlin was becoming in a sport typically dominated by African Americans.
The unspoken truth that no one wants to admit.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:02 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s not a black and white issue guys.

Also…before this happened.
That was about officiating... How else do you explain the ridiculous calls... Unconscious bias is a thing, right?

On the other situation, If Caitlin would have followed the Louisville player around the court doing that gesture for 10-15 seconds while the clock was ticking down would she have been criticized by the media... absolutely.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:22 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The funny thing is as an old white guy when it happened I considered it as trolling another opponent. I never once thought considering it a race thing until Reese made it so. What a sad look for what secondary education is putting out these days.
Unfortunately, I think the race card was played before this game even happened, and it wasn't by a player. A player stalk taunting another around the court post game was just a continuance of the previous discussion. It very much fits your secondary eduction comment quite well though.

Just imagine winning a championship and still having your actions controlled by someone on the other team. It's kind of sad. You'd think you'd turn to your own team to enjoy the moment and maybe even congratulate Carson for showing up and absolutely draining threes on the biggest stage they have.

It was something.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:41 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Clarke will make Millions on her NIL, because of her play and personality.

No one will remember Angel Reese's name in 3 months.

I wish the Hawks would have won, and while there are head-scratchers from the game, when you lose by that many you have to credit the performance of the other team.
Lol Angel is younger than Clark, is a defensive powerhouse, has goat potential as a rebounder and is getting buckets on the other end too so if you haters think she is gonna disappear after whooping Clark's ass you're fooling yourselves :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:49 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol Angel is younger than Clark, is a defensive powerhouse, has goat potential as a rebounder and is getting buckets on the other end too so if you haters think she is gonna disappear after whooping Clark's ass you're fooling yourselves :-)
Yeah,, I'm sure this Angel girl is the reason for the record setting ratings :-)
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:49 AM 04-03-2023
Maybe Caitlin's greatness is most proven by the fact that we're approaching 400 posts and guys are still talking about it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:50 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Maybe Caitlin's greatness is most proven by the fact that we're approaching 400 posts and guys are still talking about it.
I said this before. She has people commenting on FB that I'm sure never watch womens basketball. Angel should be thrilled Clark brought in all attention to the womens game instead of hating on her... but she doesn't seem too bright.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:50 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
She’s going to the wnba where she blends in with the rest of the stars there. She’s not going to differentiate from a diana taurasi or breanna Stewart. Which means barely marketable. Got nothing against her but she’s going to become just another wnba player in a couple of years. The hype around Clarke is something the sport hasn’t seen much of and there actually might be some staying power to it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:55 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I said this before. She has people commenting on FB that I'm sure never watch womens basketball. Angel should be thrilled Clark brought in all attention to the womens game instead of hating on her... but she doesn't seem too bright.
Oh look!!..another bigot uses the "you're not smart enough" trope towards a black athlete!!..what a surprise :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 04-03-2023
:-)

It has to be racist!

After all, it was Clark (and I'm a Hawkeye fan) that first threw that shade at SC. Anybody that is following this and is reasonable at all understands what happened and WHY it happened.

It's a complete nothing-burger - players trash talk all the time. I had to remind Chiefs fans on FB that even Mahomes talks trash like that - remember the 4 finger deal?

Clark started it (and I still think she's awesome) and LSU responded in kind. This is big time sports and they're going to act like big time players.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:06 AM 04-03-2023
Female athletes showing this kind of emotion and trash talking is what it will take to get more eyes on their sports.

If you think this is a race issue then you are part of the problem.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:08 AM 04-03-2023
Good for these girls. This might be the height of women's college sports as we're just a few years away from trannies coming in and dunking on all of them. Poor girls gonna get posterized with tranny balls to the face.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:09 AM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
She’s going to the wnba where she blends in with the rest of the stars there. She’s not going to differentiate from a diana taurasi or breanna Stewart. Which means barely marketable. Got nothing against her but she’s going to become just another wnba player in a couple of years. The hype around Clarke is something the sport hasn’t seen much of and there actually might be some staying power to it.
Angel already has a huge following behind her and that's only going to grow because of her personality. She could be similar to Rodman with better scoring imo. Clark is talented but one could argue that she's not even the best white prospect in women's college basketball because Paige Bueckers is a huge talent in her own right and has beaten Clark in a head to head matchup before.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:13 AM 04-03-2023
Seems like the conclusion im drawing here is that Clark does for women's basketball what Jake Paul does for boxing.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 140
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up