ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 120
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:30 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm tuning in for the boos
Subbing Motter in for Gorman killed a rally today. Under what metrics does putting a career minor leaguer who’s batting .211 in for a guy who could have made it a 2 run game makes sense? And of course he gave us 2 lame short pop ups. Fuck Ollie!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:32 PM 05-04-2023
It's funny seeing Busch so vile and bitter....it's weird
[Reply]
bdj23 02:32 PM 05-04-2023
Motter shouldn't even be in MLB
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Oli looks like he's strung a little tight at the moment in the post-game.
Ollie has precisely one move that can save his job.

He needs to go out there, loudly and publicly, and take every single ounce of blame for this record. He has GOT to fall on the grenade here and do something to try to earn this clubhouse back.

Because right now his team sees a guy who's spent the last 18 months pointing fingers at everyone else.

This is coaching - hell basic leadership - 101. When things are going wrong, it's "I" and when things go well it's "We". And Ollie simply NEVER gets that right.

His club knows it. And a public mea culpa (that's not really intended for public consumption as much as for the clubhouse) is the only thing that might save his season.

Or he could keep losing and lob a couple of skunks into Mozeliak's suite on his way out the door. That would be fun as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:39 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He needs to go out there, loudly and publicly, and take every single ounce of blame for this record. He has GOT to fall on the grenade here and do something to try to earn this clubhouse back.

Because right now his team sees a guy who's spent the last 18 months pointing fingers at everyone else.

This is coaching - hell basic leadership - 101. When things are going wrong, it's "I" and when things go well it's "We". And Ollie simply NEVER gets that right.

His club knows it. And a public mea culpa (that's not really intended for public consumption as much as for the clubhouse) is the only thing that might save his season.

Or he could keep losing and lob a couple of skunks into Mozeliak's suite on his way out the door. That would be fun as well.
he should have done that when the O’Neill thing happened. Any coach after all this losing would have fallen on the sword by now.

He’s still coming off as arrogant. No coach survives this approach. If he’s not going to do it soon, just keep being arrogant and maybe he’ll take Mo down with him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:00 PM 05-04-2023

This is exactly what he should do but he won't. He's aware that he's currently interviewing to be somebody's bench coach next season. He's trying to put a ton of good will out there to every front office by proving he's a company man.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:01 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he should have done that when the O’Neill thing happened. Any coach after all this losing would have fallen on the sword by now.

He’s still coming off as arrogant. No coach survives this approach. If he’s not going to do it soon, just keep being arrogant and maybe he’ll take Mo down with him.
Again, until DeWitt starts losing revenue Mo is safe. The only answer is for the BFIB to stop spending the best dollars in baseball
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
[/B][/B]
This is exactly what he should do but he won't. He's aware that he's currently interviewing to be somebody's bench coach next season. He's trying to put a ton of good will out there to every front office by proving he's a company man.
Then he probably shouldn't be out there showing those same front offices that he's going to dodge responsibility every chance he gets and end up turning the clubhouse against him.

Just thinking out loud...
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:05 PM 05-04-2023
Then he probably shouldn't be out there showing those same front offices that he's going to dodge responsibility every chance he gets and end up turning the clubhouse against him.

Just thinking out loud...
He's the worst possible combination of arrogant and incompetent. He totally managed his way out of a win last night but he doesn't see it that way. He won't accept responsibility because he doesn't feel responsible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
He's the worst possible combination of arrogant and incompetent. He totally managed his way out of a win last night but he doesn't see it that way. He won't accept responsibility because he doesn't feel responsible.
I think Matheny, deep down, knew he was kinda stupid. And that's why managing looked so painful for him. He was just absolutely wracked by imposters syndrome and knew he had no business being there.

Ollie's worse. Because he's dead ass certain that he's brilliant and these fucking loafing asswipes that play for him are the problem.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:08 PM 05-04-2023
I think Matheny, deep down, knew he was kinda stupid. And that's why managing looked so painful for him. He was just absolutely wracked by imposters syndrome and knew he had no business being there.

Ollie's worse. Because he's dead ass certain that he's brilliant and these ****ing loafing asswipes that play for him are the problem.
I'm currently laughing like a fucking goon during a conference call. Thanks for that.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:13 PM 05-04-2023
Just canceled my plans to see them in Wrigley on Monday. Planning to just see them on Tuesday and Wednesday instead. Free tickets so why not. My Cubs friends are absolutely loving the demise of the Cardinal Way.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:24 PM 05-04-2023
They clawed back to 11-7.

NO QUIT IN THESE DAWGS, BOYS!!!!!

Chip Carey turning into Harry Doyle for a minute there was fun. "Line Drive up the middle by Phillips. That's his first hit since August..."

In a straight deadpan. It was just straight out of Major League.
I'll bet Chip is really questioning leaving Atlanta.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 PM 05-04-2023

Ollie's worse. Because he's dead ass certain that he's brilliant and these ****ing loafing asswipes that play for him are the problem.
I know these people very well from working in I.T. The arrogance. The absolute certainty that they are always right.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:34 PM 05-05-2023

INF/OF Juan Yepez has been recalled from Memphis (AAA).

RHP James Naile has been selected from Memphis.

RHP Jake Woodford (right shoulder inflammation) & OF Tyler O'Neill (lower back strain) have been placed on the IL

RHP Wilking Rodríguez has been transferred to the 60-day IL pic.twitter.com/zXOuuqDEzg

— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) May 5, 2023

[Reply]
Page 27 of 120
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up