ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We aren't trading MVS.

And yes, OCity, I do think because of the connection Mahomes had with Ross last offseason it's at least more probable he makes the roster. We'll see though, I could just be reading the tea leaves incorrectly.
On things like this I always go purely of history. History of guys like this is long with ones that just never amount to much and short with guys that do. Playing the odds, he never amounts to much and you go on.

Now, maybe he does, but I wouldn't let it really be a thing that caused me to make or not make a move on a WR.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even if they get OBJ or Hopkins, they aren't dumping MVS after 1 season. They still need capable bodies even if they get a top-flight WR's.
MVS is a decently cost controlled effective WR. Whats the deal with always wanting rid of him?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:24 AM 03-22-2023
Even if they get OBJ or Hopkins, they aren't dumping MVS after 1 season. They still need capable bodies even if they get a top-flight WR's.
Yeah, it's weird that people want to cut MVS. I mean, sure DHop could run some of those routes MVS ran for us, but why? Those are in large part just stretch routes; why have your best WR do that? It's a waste of talent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
MVS is a decently cost controlled effective WR. Whats the deal with always wanting rid of him?
He's not OBJ or Hopkins, primarily. He's fungible, just like Juju. But just like Juju, you can't let him go and not replace his production. Given the current state of our WR room, especially after losing JJSS and Hardman, we need to be ADDING WR's, not getting rid of them.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:28 AM 03-22-2023
If they trade for D-Hop I don't think going WR in 2 is a necessity, more of a nicety. I think it's direr if they don't make that trade. You can't fully trust that Toney or OBJ if they sign him would stay healthy the entire season.

I do think many people are downplaying Justyn Ross "because UDFA" but I'm confident he makes this roster if he's now healthy (it looks like it). Mahomes loved him last minicamp but the foot issue had to be addressed for the future. Without the medicals, he'd probably have been a day 2 pick, and people severely undermine his skill set. You're correct, there are no guarantees but I'd put it more likely than not.
I think our first three picks, in no particular order, will be DE, OT, and WR. If we trade for DHop or get OBJ, I think they ease off looking WR til the 3rd or later (unless of course insane value drops to them).

I'm intrigued by Justyn Ross and I'm pulling for him, for sure. He flashed insane playmaking ability at one point and I'd love to see what Mahomes could make of that potential. I was also a Cornell Powell fan at one point as well, but at this point I'm feeling that was all wishful thinking. I'd also be on board if Justin Watson came back.

Mahomes covers a ton of warts when it comes to his receivers, as does Travis Kelce, but they can't count on that always being the case. We need at least one impact player at receiver from this draft to go along with the vet that will take pressure off the rook.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:35 AM 03-22-2023
If Veach has interest in OBJ, KC is obviously the best place he could sign.

70% pass offense
HOF QB that can get him the ball anywhere
HOF coach that specializes in getting g guys like OBJ open
Limited WR room that will give opportunities to shine
He can rebuild his value in KC for a year.

I’d really like to see him in Andy’s offense for a year…like TO in a Philly but without the broken leg.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:11 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
On things like this I always go purely of history. History of guys like this is long with ones that just never amount to much and short with guys that do. Playing the odds, he never amounts to much and you go on.

Now, maybe he does, but I wouldn't let it really be a thing that caused me to make or not make a move on a WR.
I'd be a lot more inclined to be with you in that thought process if it wasn't what Ross was before an unfortunate congenital defect and an injury tanked his stock because he was probably at least a day 2 pick. His type of talent is rare in the UDFA pool.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think our first three picks, in no particular order, will be DE, OT, and WR. If we trade for DHop or get OBJ, I think they ease off looking WR til the 3rd or later (unless of course insane value drops to them).

I'm intrigued by Justyn Ross and I'm pulling for him, for sure. He flashed insane playmaking ability at one point and I'd love to see what Mahomes could make of that potential. I was also a Cornell Powell fan at one point as well, but at this point I'm feeling that was all wishful thinking. I'd also be on board if Justin Watson came back.

Mahomes covers a ton of warts when it comes to his receivers, as does Travis Kelce, but they can't count on that always being the case. We need at least one impact player at receiver from this draft to go along with the vet that will take pressure off the rook.
I am concerned about continuing to hang our hats on the contributions of Kelce in the passing game. At some point, he will start tailing off and it would be advisable to get some youth developing to help divert the burden.

OT is the one I'm hung up on. Personally, I feel like it would be a very Veach thing to just push his chips in with a big move for a LT but if he doesn't then I'm starting to wonder if he'd take one very early at all. Maybe the 3rd or 4th but I don't see alot of value plays in this draft for OT where KC picks. It feels like the ones worth it will be gone before they pick and it would be a massive reach otherwise.

Here's some of my thoughts:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 03-22-2023
OT is the one I'm hung up on. Personally, I feel like it would be a very Veach thing to just push his chips in with a big move for a LT but if he doesn't then I'm starting to wonder if he'd take one very early at all. Maybe the 3rd or 4th but I don't see alot of value plays in this draft for OT where KC picks. It feels like the ones worth it will be gone before they pick and it would be a massive reach otherwise.
This is pretty much how I feel with one exception - I think they consider Taylor to be the LT. There aren't a lot of realistic scenarios where we can get a ton of value out of an OT pick unless one of the good guys drops to 31.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:19 AM 03-22-2023
You have to think that they see SOMETHING in Prince at this point. They've been holding onto him forever. If he sucked or he wasn't improving...then why waste a roster spot on him? They brought in Christian and got rid of him by the end of the season.
[Reply]
Balto 11:25 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, it's weird that people want to cut MVS. I mean, sure DHop could run some of those routes MVS ran for us, but why? Those are in large part just stretch routes; why have your best WR do that? It's a waste of talent.
It has ZERO to do with "wanting" to cut MVS and more to do with Cap....Reid saying BOTH Toney and Skyy will have larger roles...and if we in fact trade for Hopkins.

I posted earlier but between Kelce and say Hopkins you have about 275-300 targets spoken for. That leaves about 200 more to go between Toney/Skyy/Everyone else. Toney and Skyy both had about 30 targets last year and MVS like 90. MOST of the targets last season went to just three people. Kelce, JuJu and MVS. Hopkins can replace JuJu's targets but with Reid stating Toney and Skyy are going to get larger roles that will dip into MVS's 90 targets making his $11M cap hit seem very very wastful. Veach can trade him and save $7M that can go towards bringing on Hopkins or even OBJ while Toney and Skyy do in fact get larger roles like Reid stated.

Again it has nothing to do with not liking MVS I just think for what he will give us in 2023 will be much reduced from his 2022 production and not worth the cap. Can't you see Veach including MVS in a Hopkins trade that would instantly reduce Hops cap hit by $7M? Seems like a Veach thing to do!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
It has ZERO to do with "wanting" to cut MVS and more to do with Cap....Reid saying BOTH Toney and Skyy will have larger roles...and if we in fact trade for Hopkins.

I posted earlier but between Kelce and say Hopkins you have about 275-300 targets spoken for. That leaves about 200 more to go between Toney/Skyy/Everyone else. Toney and Skyy both had about 30 targets last year and MVS like 90. MOST of the targets last season went to just three people. Kelce, JuJu and MVS. Hopkins can replace JuJu's targets but with Reid stating Toney and Skyy are going to get larger roles that will dip into MVS's 90 targets making his $11M cap hit seem very very wastful. Veach can trade him and save $7M that can go towards bringing on Hopkins or even OBJ while Toney and Skyy do in fact get larger roles like Reid stated.

Again it has nothing to do with not liking MVS I just think for what he will give us in 2023 will be much reduced from his 2022 production and not worth the cap. Can't you see Veach including MVS in a Hopkins trade that would instantly reduce Hops cap hit by $7M? Seems like a Veach thing to do!
Dude, you're banking on something that is possible but not probable. No matter how much we want it to happen, it's much more likely we get NEITHER OBJ or Hopkins. That's where we are now - we have no WR's even to fill the room. MVS is going nowhere.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:

I thought someone said you could convert maybe half of MVS' salary into a signing bonus or something and cut his hit to about $4M?

And I'm not sure we have any idea how the targets are going to go. IF, and that's still a big 'if,' Deandre came to KC, He doesn't have to get 150 targets. In fact, I'd bet that he doesn't want that many at this point. And he's not a volume receiver anyway. If he can touch the ball, it's about 95% that he catches it, and Mahomes will be able to put the ball on him, so if he sees say 100 targets, he'll probably catch 80-90 of them, if they're catchable at all. But he could still be very effective with less targets, because of his ability to catch anything that hits a hand.

Regardless, I could see MVS seeing a small reduction in targets, but at the same time Andy has to keep feeding him some shots, because the idea to make the defense honor that potential massive gain/TD. So he's still going to get 75+ targets?

Anyway, forgetting DHop for a second if the reports are true, and there's no reason to disbelieve them at this point, Toney will be the WR1 (most featured WR, WRX or whatever you want to call it), and his targets probably will be in the 80+ range. If he can stay healthy. Skyy should see 60%-70% of that?

What we'd like to see is Travis' targets go down some. Maybe 120 targets? 100? That's just spit-balling, but you get the idea, I hope.

Anyway, the idea (I think) would be for a DHop/OBJ to not only take over JJSS' role/targets, but ALSO take some of Travis' targets, not take MVS'/Toney's/Skyy's targets away. Otherwise, trading for OBJ/DHop doesn't make much sense in the long run, because you'd be potentially stunting the growth of our young WRs.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 AM 03-22-2023
Why the fuck does anyone want to cut MVS right now?

JFC.

A) we wouldnt have beat Cincy in the AFCCG without him. No second ring for Pat. This offseason has a completely different narrative without his performance in that game.

B) this WR room needs more talent, not less

C) MVS speed is an element of the offense that requires respect and does change how defenses play us.

He will likely play out his deal in KC.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:59 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why the fuck does anyone want to cut MVS right now?

JFC.

A) we wouldnt have bear Cincy without him. No second ring for Pat.

B) this WR room needs more talent, not less

C) MVS speed is an element of the offense that requires respect and does change how defenses play us.

He will likely play out his deal in KC.
Basically this.

I'm not sure MVS will play out his entire contract in KC, because we might draft a replacement for his role, or Justyn Ross (could be the other one, I get them confused) could fill that role if he's healthy. But probably MVS will play out his contract, because he fills a specific and necessary role.
[Reply]
Balto 12:01 PM 03-22-2023
Dude, you're banking on something that is possible but not probable. No matter how much we want it to happen, it's much more likely we get NEITHER OBJ or Hopkins. That's where we are now - we have no WR's even to fill the room. MVS is going nowhere.
I would only suggest or even thing MVS would be traded IF Veach brought in Hopkins or a higher cost FA. Otherwise yes we should keep him.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up