ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 258
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Balto 10:46 AM 03-08-2023
HAHA LOVE IT. Thanks for the positive comments.

I was only thinking of ways to help better the team for the future. The main thinking was how to get Carter because I think he will be the next Donald/Jones in the NFL.

YES you can say I want to see Carter play next to Jones but we simply don't have the draft capital to trade up that far without including Jones.

Carter > Jones+$30M plus contract, in my opinion.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:46 AM 03-08-2023
When Mahomo leads the change in skewering an absolutely idiotic post, you know you've found something special.
[Reply]
Balto 10:47 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
This time of year is Balto's time to shine. He posts the dumbest Madden trades he can come up with, shares them in every thread, then disappears when none of them happen.

Every year. Honestly, he's as predictable as knowmo is.

Thanks for the plug....Loveseat King
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:48 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:

I was only thinking of ways to help better the team for the future. The main thinking was how to get Carter because I think he will be the next Donald/Jones in the NFL.

YES you can say I want to see Carter play next to Jones but we simply don't have the draft capital to trade up that far without including Jones.

Who said jones gets 30m?

I can’t imagine a world that they pay him that close to aaron donald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:49 AM 03-08-2023

Cards get: Mahomes
Chiefs get: Murray
2023 1
2024 1
2025 1
2026 1
2027 1
2028 1
2029 1
2030 1
2073 1

Do you think we should ask for the 2074 1st as well or is that pushing it? Discuss.
[Reply]
Balto 10:53 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Who said jones gets 30m?

I can’t imagine a world that they pay him that close to aaron donald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its coming. He is the best DT in the NFL and is hitting the cap books for like $28M this year. I'd say a restructure or new deal will have an APY of $30M pretty easily.
[Reply]
Balto 10:55 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Cards get: Mahomes
Chiefs get: Murray
2023 1
2024 1
2025 1
2026 1
2027 1
2028 1
2029 1
2030 1
2073 1

Do you think we should ask for the 2074 1st as well or is that pushing it? Discuss.
Nah, maybe see if we can get Hopkins instead of that 2074 pick? Maybe a 2nd?
[Reply]
Jerok 11:02 AM 03-08-2023
Just saw that the Cards are willing and wanting to trade down....

What are your thoughts on trading Jones to them in a package that gets us Jalen Carter at #3 plus Hopkins?

Something like this:

Cards get:
Chris Jones
2024 1st
MVS

Chiefs get:
#3 overall
Hopkins

Is Jones+2 1st rounders enough? Maybe have to add a 2nd?

Just thinking that the Cards need picks plus have a major need on the DL. They could draft Carter but they know that they would be getting the best DT in the league with Chris Jones. Carter hasn't stepped onto the field.

Veach does this to get Pat a weapon like Hopkins but more so to get a prospect like Jalen Carter that should go #1 overall if it wasn't for some off the field issues. Carter has the ceiling to produce like Jones but who really knows. Veach also gains that cheap rookie contract instead of paying Jones some $30M a year!!!

Would be a HUGE move for both teams
So you think the Cards would want Chris Jones, when they are clearly in tank and rebuild mode.

And you think the Chiefs want to trade away Chris Jones AND picks for one draft pick to get a low character guy when they are clearly a Superbowl contender.

Take a week off. Do a darkness retreat. Then we will lock the door from the outside and your ideas can stay in the dark for the good of humanity.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 03-08-2023
:-)

Chris Jones is the best DT in the league now that Donald is declining. Carter hasn't played a single NFL snap.

In no scenario is a single draft pick worth even close to Chris Jones when the raw numbers show how many of those guys bust.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:29 AM 03-08-2023
Only in football are teams expected to follow other teams stupidity at QB. Because the Browns, Cards and Dallas did something stupid, every team in QB need should want to follow that stupid path. Giving up 2 firsts for Lamar and paying him 200 mil guaranteed would be a stupid move for a QB that has not done any better than Baker Mayfield on the scale. Yes he got an MVP, so? MVP's are not the goal.

When Dak, Kyler and Watson got paid nobody thought it was worth it. None of them had proven anything and neither has Lamar. IR last two years is a massive red flag for sure.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:17 PM 03-08-2023
Looks like Thornhill is gone.

Strictly business ���� pic.twitter.com/83AbN6Dvxp

— The_Juan_And_Only (@Juan_Thornhill) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Expected that one, he's got 2 rings, he's lookin to get paid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Only in football are teams expected to follow other teams stupidity at QB. Because the Browns, Cards and Dallas did something stupid, every team in QB need should want to follow that stupid path. Giving up 2 firsts for Lamar and paying him 200 mil guaranteed would be a stupid move for a QB that has not done any better than Baker Mayfield on the scale. Yes he got an MVP, so? MVP's are not the goal.

When Dak, Kyler and Watson got paid nobody thought it was worth it. None of them had proven anything and neither has Lamar. IR last two years is a massive red flag for sure.
NFL teams have been doing stuff like this since the big money started hitting and free agency started in the mid-90's.

There's nothing shocking about it. NFL teams more often than not consider that one bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Is it short-sighted? Almost certainly but this is a league where guys get 17 games and then get fired.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:53 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

He was a good player for us and a solid late 2nd round selection. I wish him well. He has more rings than any active QB not named Mahomes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:57 PM 03-08-2023
Man this is the most fun part of the year. Every team thinks they are just one free agency piece away, and every fan has a retarded idea to fix that hole.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 258
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up