ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 55
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:41 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It did, but having watched an actual Cup winning team, it made it pretty obvious that this team just wasn't going to get it done. We kept thinking we'd have a shot once Landy came back and, when it didn't happen, we knew it was a long shot. The weird shit with Nichushkin was just more than we could handle.

C'est la vie.
You guys will be right back in the thick of it next season, and hopefully stay healthy.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:35 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, if it was the league's or refs' will to get that Leafs team through some of those series, I suspect they could have done it one time in the past 5+ years at least. It's not like the team wasn't good enough to do so in those years or that they didn't have enough opportunities to close out a series (they were 0-11 in close-out games over the past six years or some nonsense up until last night's game).

I think there was some kind of mental block there for that group, but they also got some shit luck (and some shit calls) along the way too.
NJChiefsFan is gaslighting you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:38 PM 04-30-2023
Bruins

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:49 PM 04-30-2023
As much as i love a good underdog, and as much as I love a good upset, I'm a little sad that the Avs are out of it. Damn, they play an outstanding level of hockey. Would've been fun to see them play a few more games.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:04 AM 05-01-2023
Avs are getting goalied.
Yep, a lot of credit to Grubauer, he showed up last night. Avalanche didn't play terribly, but fucked around for a few games and found out.

Another Avs goal is gonna come back due to offsides. We have had no breaks this series.
I'm all for getting it right, but starting to hate that challenge. :-)

Feels like when 16 knocks off a 1 and then a 15 knocks off a 2 in the same weekend.... you're that 2 thinking, well, maybe no one will notice. :-)

I'll try to wipe away the tears though.

[Reply]
DaFace 08:38 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep, a lot of credit to Grubauer, he showed up last night. Avalanche didn't play terribly, but fucked around for a few games and found out.

I'm all for getting it right, but starting to hate that challenge. :-)

Feels like when 16 knocks off a 1 and then a 15 knocks off a 2 in the same weekend.... you're that 2 thinking, well, maybe no one will notice. :-)

I'll try to wipe away the tears though.

There's a certain irony in the fact that Duchene with the Avs was the impetus for offsides becoming reviewable, and it sure feels like it bites us in the ass a lot.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 08:48 AM 05-01-2023
This is what makes the NHL playoffs so compelling and fun to watch, unless it happens to your team.

But yeah, I'm celebrating Boston's demise today. That is glorious.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:54 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
This is what makes the NHL playoffs so compelling and fun to watch, unless it happens to your team.

I was hoping Boston would destroy Toronto though then lose , but Toronto now losing to a weaker team would be glorious.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of "17th best team in the NHL" when talking about Florida, but I've always loved the level of parity throughout the league, because there's a lot of good hockey being played top to bottom.

The vast majority of playoff teams absolutely deserve to be there and it still takes some luck and what not for the 1 seeds to advance. The Bruins were an OT goal away from a 4-1 series win that would have looked relatively easy... hockey is a fickle bitch.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:59 AM 05-01-2023
I'd love to see Leafs/Oilers as long as the Leafs were up to the task... the amount of skill on the ice would be fun and there would be a ton of hype (in Canada, anyway, whole rankings here tank).
[Reply]
the steam 03:38 PM 05-01-2023
Very interesting stat I heard on sports talk radio today. In all 4 major sports the team with the all time regular season best record all did not win the championship. 2023 Bruins, 07 Patriots, 16 Warriors, 01 Mariners.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:56 PM 05-02-2023
TOR trying to give away the first game of the series again. Man, their defense is soft.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:10 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
TOR trying to give away the first game of the series again. Man, their defense is soft.
They're going to have issues with Florida's speed if they don't get their shit in gear...... and they hardly ever seem to play in gear.

That Knies goal was nice.. always fun when college kids jump in after college hockey is done and can contribute right away in the NHL playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:14 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They're going to have issues with Florida's speed if they don't get their shit in gear...... and they hardly ever seem to play in gear.

That Knies goal was nice.. always fun when college kids jump in after college hockey is done and can contribute right away in the NHL playoffs.
It was a pretty goal.

Would love to see TOR when the whole team plays like they actually want to win. When does that happen?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:21 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It was a pretty goal.

Would love to see TOR when the whole team plays like they actually want to win. When does that happen?
Down by 3+ goals: That one time last week with 10 minutes left.

Down by 2 goals: Perhaps 5 minutes left if they get a powerplay.

Down by 1 goal: Maybe in the last minute if they feel like it.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 55
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up