ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 247
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They looked good against the Cardinals, then struggled with teh Chargers. Obviously, the Chargers are really good defensively, but yeah they need to get going out there.

We're back at the spot where if you want one of those really athletic high end WR's.....well.....that's probably gonna take a high draft pick.

This is kind of one thing I think the caps the Charger offense. They don't really have any speed at WR. It's all big bodied route running types.
Except that Allen can win a 1v1 vs. anybody in the league.

He's sorta the kind of player you pray Moore develops into.

But yeah, when Allen is hurt, they can be a little limited. Except that unlike JJSS and MVS, Williams knows how to use his size and can win those 50/50 balls. He was doing it all night on Thursday.

Smith-Schuster is essentially a poverty Mike Williams.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Nah, rewatched, the DB conatacted and hooked him and then MVS pushed him off to get free. It was illegal contact all day, especially with the new emphasis directed to it this year. That being said, I would like to see more separation with MVS.
MVS put a paw on him first from what i saw
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:37 AM 09-21-2022
Bills fans by and large think Mahomes is who he is because of the system, they think he runs up his TD totals with passes that shouldn’t count as TD passes (I’ve seen them propose new stats for it), they think we are the luckiest team ever and get all the ref breaks, they consistently say Mahomes is the luckiest QB with missing INTs, we don’t care about morals and support abusers, and they absolutely love claiming Mahomes never makes challenging or contested throws and that his guys are always schemed wide open.

The lesson here is if you want to continue liking the Bills don’t read anything that 90% of their fan base says about the Chiefs players and organization.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Except that Allen can win a 1v1 vs. anybody in the league.

He's sorta the kind of player you pray Moore develops into.

But yeah, when Allen is hurt, they can be a little limited. Except that unlike JJSS and MVS, Williams knows how to use his size and can win those 50/50 balls. He was doing it all night on Thursday.

Smith-Schuster is essentially a poverty Mike Williams.
Yeah, Allen can win those 1v1 matchups....and gain 15 yards. They just don't have as explosive of an offense as they should with that mutant they have throwing the footbal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 09-21-2022
Nah, you need MVS running that. Or Hardman.

You're gonna see Sky take snaps from JJSS
I think it needs to be Hardman.

Because watching MVS try to make that quick cut and get 0-60 was like watching a mud drag; all sound and fury, signifying nothing. He just couldn't get himself turned, couldn't get himself up to speed.

As Clay said - it was painful. I don't know if he just wasn't feeling it on that route or not, but if that's the way he's gonna run those sorts of double move routes, you can't have him running them anymore.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:38 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

The team is likeable and you gotta have respect for them, they’re not dirty like some teams.

But the fans are the opposite of class. Loathsome, they are.
Some are loathsome, but that can be said about any fan base. But at the same time that fan base rallies around good causes and are well known for donating to worthy causes. That is something to admire from a fan base as a whole.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 09-21-2022
Yeah, Allen can win those 1v1 matchups....and gain 15 yards. They just don't have as explosive of an offense as they should with that mutant they have throwing the footbal.
Staley has a big hand in that, IMO. Defensive minded coach who seems really reluctant to push the ball.

They can absolutely use that WR duo in a similar manner to the Bucs when Evans and Godwin are healthy. They just don't do it.
[Reply]
Toad 08:39 AM 09-21-2022
I really think they need to get their backs heavily involved in the passing game. Not just route tree sort of routes, but interior screens, etc...

I just don't see the athleticism I need to see with the WRs. So try to get teams to work more attention into the box w/ arrow routes and screen passes. If Brown is going to struggle with speed rushers, then attack that side with screens and quick passes to the flat that go right at that rush.
Great point. I was yelling at Andy (I know he heard me thru the TV) Thursday night to run a few screens off tackle.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 09-21-2022
I think it needs to be Hardman.

Because watching MVS try to make that quick cut and get 0-60 was like watching a mud drag; all sound and fury, signifying nothing. He just couldn't get himself turned, couldn't get himself up to speed.

As Clay said - it was painful. I don't know if he just wasn't feeling it on that route or not, but if that's the way he's gonna run those sorts of double move routes, you can't have him running them anymore.
MVS always seemed a bit like a desperation "we lost Hill....who's fast and available" signing to me, but he can atleast run some deep routes and such I guess.

I'd rather see Watson doing it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 09-21-2022
Staley has a big hand in that, IMO. Defensive minded coach who seems really reluctant to push the ball.

They can absolutely use that WR duo in a similar manner to the Bucs when Evans and Godwin are healthy. They just don't do it.
Staley is a fraud. Defensive coaches with a rookie QB just don't mix.

He'll get praise this year because that defense will put up great numbers when in reality my 9 year old could coach that defense to a top 5 year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM 09-21-2022
MVS always seemed a bit like a desperation "we lost Hill....who's fast and available" signing to me, but he can atleast run some deep routes and such I guess.

I'd rather see Watson doing it.
Likewise.

Like I said - I'd start him at the X next week. He has juice and seems to mesh well with PM.

That said - they need to figure out how to use MVS because his contract structure makes it extremely likely he's back next year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 09-21-2022
Likewise.

Like I said - I'd start him at the X next week. He has juice and seems to mesh well with PM.

That said - they need to figure out how to use MVS because his contract structure makes it extremely likely he's back next year.
Oh for sure, he's here. I'm not overly worried yet, that Charger d just has dudes everywhere. It was gonna be a slog.

I think there's a case to be made that it's the most talented D overall in teh league. I'm not really sure it's close either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 09-21-2022
Oh for sure, he's here. I'm not overly worried yet, that Charger d just has dudes everywhere. It was gonna be a slog.

I think there's a case to be made that it's the most talented D overall in teh league. I'm not really sure it's close either.
The Bills have a pretty stacked defense too but yeah, that’s probably the best defense we face all year.
[Reply]
scho63 08:50 AM 09-21-2022
This season will be our biggest test of the Mahomes Era to date.

Barely a bad team in 17 games and the hardest NFL schedule. Plus nearly every team got better or much better.

We have quite a challenge ahead.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
This season will be our biggest test of the Mahomes Era to date.

Barely a bad team in 17 games and the hardest NFL schedule. Plus nearly every team got better or much better.

We have quite a challenge ahead.
Yep. This team will be tested come playoff time.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 247
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up