ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 185
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:14 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I typically try REALLY hard to find guys who are a bit under the radar when making comps, especially as the rounds progress.

Comparing someone like Karlaftis to Allen or JJ Watt is nuts. Karlaftis isn't going to be DPOY or go to the HoF, fellas. I'd put just about any amount of money on that. So let's try to find something reasonable here.

I think I've come up with a couple I really like.

Reasonable 75th percentile projection: Jabaal Sheard. Sheard played for a decade and was a capable 6-8 sack sort of guy most years. A little shorter armed, won mostly with power (especially as he aged) and wasn't the most bendy dude you'd see out there. He was never a superstar but he was always a pretty damn good player and someone you were happy to have on your roster.

Bottom 25% projection: Chauncey Davis. Same kind of player, just wasn't as good at it. Played 100 NFL games, started a couple dozen of them. Obviously this would be a disappointing outcome and I think Sheard is the far more likely scenario, but it's not as though a 100 games played floor is a disaster of a pick. When that's something of a worst case scenario for a guy, that's pretty solid.
I was watching a video of Karlaftis before the draft, and Greg Cosell said he reminded him of Emmanuel Ogbah.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:15 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The forking maroons in this thread will go down in infamy worse than ones in the Super Bowl thread - who I also correctly called out during that game, saying that they would live forever in infamy.

This kid is going to be one of the best defensive players in Chiefs history. Not just good, not just an all-pro...one of the best defensive players in the history of the franchise. Book it.
While I like the pick a lot, and can get behind this... BUT.... got any of those lottery numbers??
[Reply]
rtmike 11:17 AM 04-29-2022
Tebow just won't give up.
Always wondered what happened to him, lol.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:35 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
While I like the pick a lot, and can get behind this... BUT.... got any of those lottery numbers??
Just a hunch. And my hunches are never wrong. 60% of the time, they work every time.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:35 AM 04-29-2022
I have liked our direction so far, really excited to see what we do in the 2nd round tonight.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:56 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Since we hired Spags, our best DEs opposite Clark have been two old ****s in Melvin Ingram and Terrell Suggs. Chris Jones at end didn't work. We tried to be "just good enough" with Okafor, but he kept getting hurt, and he was washed up when he came back this season from New Orleans. Kpassagnon wasn't good at all. We remember him as nothing special, but he was actually kind of bad, just not as bad as he was in Sutton's 3-4. And then Danna has been an okay bench guy in the rotation, but should obviously not be starting.

Karlaftis in his rookie year will already be a breath of fresh air on the strong side. It's going to make a difference, even if his stats are a little slow to come by at first.
This is pretty much my take. I'm not high on Karlaftis, but he absolutely makes us better and at 30 he should be very good value.
[Reply]
In58men 11:58 AM 04-29-2022
Not sure if posted, but Ravens and Chiefs only 2 teams with an “elite” graded pick.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-...st-round-picks
[Reply]
staylor26 11:58 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Not sure if posted, but Ravens and Chiefs only 2 teams with an “elite” graded pick.

Arguably the 2 best drafting teams of the last decade.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:01 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:

Like we always say: PFF are infallible gods among men!
[Reply]
poolboy 12:06 PM 04-29-2022
Ingram didnt have much for sack numbers last year but he did ratchet up our pressure
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:43 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Bro loves TJ Maxx apparently.

Someone said he needs a nickname let's go with GK Maxx
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:51 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Someone said he needs a nickname let's go with GK Maxx
He has one. The Greek Freak.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:56 PM 04-29-2022
time to invest in Whatta-Gyro....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:07 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Or Like I said originally, I can just take your word for it, dick.
In general, its a bad idea to just go with what someone says in an internet forum. But if that's what you want to do, that's fine. I wasn't trying to be a dick.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:28 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He has one. The Greek Freak.
Great so we got Greek Freak and OBJ

Now all we need to do is sign Perrion Winfrey and call him Oprah as long as we're stealing names
[Reply]
Page 27 of 185
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up