ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 42
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:58 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So....playing or no?
He better be playing. This is nothing. What's next? "He frowned menacingly...."
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 01-20-2022
So....playing or no?
That's probably up to the Chiefs now. The NFL won't do anything until the legal process plays out, unless Goodell decides to be a dick again.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:00 PM 01-20-2022
He barely played vs Pittsburgh… presumably for non-injury reasons since he didn’t have an injury designation before or after the game… so it’s unclear how much the Chiefs were planning to incorporate him in their defensive gameplan on Sunday.
[Reply]
wazu 03:00 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Overland Park, large black man, nuff said. Silly arrest. A vacuum cleaner? And her.......calling the cops over a vacuum cleaner?
We don't know what happened. Multiple things were broken it sounds like, including a door frame. If he was in a rage and wrecking shit that could be a scary situation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:02 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Can we say that Willie Gay is anti-vac?

Too soon?
Yeah what’s his deal? What does he have against vacuum cleaners? They have jobs to do too. Leave ‘em alone.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:03 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's probably up to the Chiefs now. The NFL won't do anything until the legal process plays out, unless Goodell decides to be a dick again.
From everything that has come out, it doesn't seem as a "violent" domestic disturbance. As in, no one was physically harmed -- that we know of and I would think that would've come out by now if he had hit her or the kid and not just destroyed a vacuum and other small stuff.

I would assume, that there isn't any action taken against Gay at this time by the league. But, it is the NFL and they may just decide that since this is a domestic violence type charge, that he's insta-suspended.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:04 PM 01-20-2022
So....playing or no?
Seems hard to imagine he wouldn't play. It's a court date 2.5 months from now, so there's not much that will happen until then.
[Reply]
emaw1979 03:08 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Seems hard to imagine he wouldn't play. It's a court date 2.5 months from now, so there's not much that will happen until then.
Charge aside, he’s missed a valuable day of practice before the game. I’m not sure how much Thursday plays in their preparation but it’s a distraction for him and the defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
From everything that has come out, it doesn't seem as a "violent" domestic disturbance. As in, no one was physically harmed -- that we know of and I would think that would've come out by now if he had hit her or the kid and not just destroyed a vacuum and other small stuff.

I would assume, that there isn't any action taken against Gay at this time by the league. But, it is the NFL and they may just decide that since this is a domestic violence type charge, that he's insta-suspended.
This was my whole point earlier today. I really don't think that the NFL will do anything at all, at least not now. But they absolutely CAN - Goodell has given himself broad latitude when it comes to these types of incidents and it's frustrating because the NFL's reaction isn't consistent at all.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:13 PM 01-20-2022
We were promised “future” altering catastrophic news by the dumbshit who originally teased this non-story on here last night… and it turns out to be nothing. :-)

The poster who originally posted the exaggerated news… emaw1979 reeks of a certain vitriolic Chiefs hater who has a history of teasing “big” news that turns out to be nothing…

A K State loser who graduated around 1979.
:-)

That’s emaw1979?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
budman3 03:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by chief4life:
This will be what ultimately matters as far as how serious this incident is viewed. Is this a player that has "issues" that need to be addressed for his own well being? Is this the type of player that the Chiefs want to have a mug shot taken of and still be a part of the team? Does a play-off game in 4 days for a super bowl contender factor in to Reid's decision as to whether Gray plays or not?

I'm not trivializing the incident, who may have overreacted or how the public and Chief fans opinions are expressed but whether he plays or not and/or Gray suffers consequences for his actions (it was his responsibility) is going to be solely in the hands of Reid and Chiefs management, at least in the short term. As it should be. This is a very unfortunate situation, IMO.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:15 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This was my whole point earlier today. I really don't think that the NFL will do anything at all, at least not now. But they absolutely CAN - Goodell has given himself broad latitude when it comes to these types of incidents and it's frustrating because the NFL's reaction isn't consistent at all.
It the NFL didn’t punish Robert Kraft after getting charged with multiple misdemeanors for getting blown then they shouldn’t punish Willie Gay for taking blows against a vacuum.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:16 PM 01-20-2022
This is the most absurd story I think I've ever seen. Willie Gay broke a vacuum cleaner. THE HUMANITY!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 01-20-2022
It the NFL didn’t punish Robert Kraft after getting charged with multiple misdemeanors for getting blown then they shouldn’t punish Willie Gay for taking blows against a vacuum.
Again, that's part of my point. The whole process seems really subjective.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:16 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by budman3:
This will be what ultimately matters as far as how serious this incident is viewed. Is this a player that has "issues" that need to be addressed for his own well being? Is this the type of player that the Chiefs want to have a mug shot taken of and still be a part of the team? Does a play-off game in 4 days for a super bowl contender factor in to Reid's decision as to whether Gray plays or not?

I'm not trivializing the incident, who may have overreacted or how the public and Chief fans opinions are expressed but whether he plays or not and/or Gray suffers consequences for his actions (it was his responsibility) is going to be solely in the hands of Reid and Chiefs management, at least in the short term. As it should be. This is a very unfortunate situation, IMO.
I for one AM trivializing the incident. Because it's a trivial incident.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 42
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up