ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 131
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:20 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I assume that's another spread the MVP around thing from the writers because, nothing against Embiid, but he shouldn't. Jokic is the best player in the league right now and is putting up an even better year than he did last year.
I think Embiid should be MVP he is having a great year and leads the league in scoring.

I see the KIA MVP ladder has Jokic #1 and Embiid #2 so maybe Jokic will. I hear to much chatter though that Embiid is going to be MVP for it not to happen. But who knows.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think Embiid should be MVP he is having a great year and leads the league in scoring.

I see the KIA MVP ladder has Jokic #1 and Embiid #2 so maybe Jokic will. I hear to much chatter though that Embiid is going to be MVP for it not to happen. But who knows.
Don't forget that we're also reaching the inevitable Embiid breakdown point of the season.

He has about a 60 game cap. Thus far he's managed to avoid any significant injuries so you know that's gonna change soon enough.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 03-01-2022
No Suns love?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:35 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't forget that we're also reaching the inevitable Embiid breakdown point of the season.

He has about a 60 game cap. Thus far he's managed to avoid any significant injuries so you know that's gonna change soon enough.
When he tweaked his knee in the game Sunday I was like there he goes again. But he was able to play on. Hopefully he can stay healthy for that Nets playoff series against whiney baby :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:08 AM 03-01-2022
I assume that's another spread the MVP around thing from the writers because, nothing against Embiid, but he shouldn't. Jokic is the best player in the league right now and is putting up an even better year than he did last year.
Jokic is leading a team without Jamal Murray and MPJ to the sixth spot in the West. That's insane. Without Jokic, they're probably the worst team in the league.

He's clearly the best and EASILY the most valuable.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:16 AM 03-01-2022
Talking about technicians, have you ever watched Jokic play? He's a basketball genius and is likely about to win his 2nd MVP in a row for good reason.
I hate smart, crafty, unathletic guys. Ja Morant is like Russell Westbrook with a jumpshot. Waaaaaay more entertaining to watch. I'd rather beat off with barbed wire than watch Jokic play.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:17 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I hate smart, crafty, unathletic guys. Ja Morant is like Russell Westbrook with a jumpshot. Waaaaaay more entertaining to watch. I'd rather beat off with barbed wire than watch Jokic play.
Markieff Morris is that you?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:18 AM 03-01-2022
You can't put complete stock in any one stat but look where Jokic ranks in this one:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/

Also here:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm
I think Demar Derozan should be in the MVP discussion...

He has that team 2nd place in the east with Lavine being hurt ALOT this year. Followed by Devin Booker.

Jokic has no chance because Denver has fallen apart. Lack of good role players have did them in and they need some firepower back in Michael Porter Jr and Murray.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:27 AM 03-01-2022
Ah man.. I can watch Bird highlights all day.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:35 AM 03-01-2022

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:54 AM 03-01-2022
I think Demar Derozan should be in the MVP discussion...

He has that team 2nd place in the east with Lavine being hurt ALOT this year. Followed by Devin Booker.

Jokic has no chance because Denver has fallen apart. Lack of good role players have did them in and they need some firepower back in Michael Porter Jr and Murray.
Guys who play no defense whatsoever like DeRozan shouldn't be in MVP conversation with players like Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis. He's not even close to the level of player they are. Granted, Curry doesn't play much defense either and has won MVPs but he's a transcendent offensive talent.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:57 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No idea why anybody wouldn't enjoy watching this guy play. He does stuff like this and more all the time. Pure basketball genius.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:59 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Jokic is leading a team without Jamal Murray and MPJ to the sixth spot in the West. That's insane. Without Jokic, they're probably the worst team in the league.

He's clearly the best and EASILY the most valuable.
I don't know if the 76er's would the worst team but Pre-Harden if Embiid was out they definitely wouldn't be a playoff team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 03-01-2022
Don't get me wrong, the league being full of them wouldn't be any fun (it would essentially be womens college basketball).

But I love seeing a few guys in the league who get by on pure skill and guile. Because Jokic isn't some slug out there mauling guys - he's an incredibly skilled ballhandler, passer and finisher. to complement his ability to see all the angles.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:08 PM 03-01-2022
No idea why anybody wouldn't enjoy watching this guy play. He does stuff like this and more all the time. Pure basketball genius.
His inbounds passes are must see TV.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 131
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up