ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Otter 08:27 AM 06-02-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
IMO, it sucked horribly.

AJ is still a loser. Carmella is still unhappy. Tony still has unresolved mother issues. Weeks of an atrocious unbelievable Vito storyline. It was worse than a soap opera.
I agree 100% since Tony came out of the coma the show sucked. Chase got away from heavy symbolism and dumbed the whole show down.

Way too much time was spent on the Vito story and what happened with Christopher and Paulie could have been taken care of in one episode. But the first three kicked some serious ass.

One of the coolest things is looking back on when they narrated the Egyptian Book of the Dead and how it applied to the last couple episodes.

Janice will be a major downfall in the family. Count on that. (IMHO)

Not too much I can defend after that. Not a good season overall.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 08:36 AM 06-02-2006
[QUOTE=Otter] One of the coolest things is looking back on when they narrated the Egyptian Book of the Dead and how it applied to the last couple episodes. [QUOTE] What? :-) Explain.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:39 AM 06-02-2006
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
But most people just want some old school mob action.

...and lots of it!
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:00 AM 06-02-2006
This season has definately been worse than the previous season 2 years ago...and I thought that one was bad as well. So Im clear, we've gone 11 episodes and the only story line has been Vito's gayness and subsequent death...while I appreciate the 'nod' to 6 feet under here, couldnt there have been some other story line that could have lasted the series this year.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 09:21 AM 06-02-2006
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
This season has definately been worse than the previous season 2 years ago...and I thought that one was bad as well. So Im clear, we've gone 11 episodes and the only story line has been Vito's gayness and subsequent death...while I appreciate the 'nod' to 6 feet under here, couldnt there have been some other story line that could have lasted the series this year.
You forgot the other important story lines:

Chris wants to make bad movies.
AJ is a whimpy loser.
Meadow has problems with Finn.
Tony doesn't want Carmella working outside the home.
Tony tries to make up to Janice and Bobby.
[Reply]
Brock 09:27 AM 06-02-2006

AJ is a whimpy loser.
Melfi suffers even more cognitive dissonance.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:58 AM 06-02-2006

AJ is a whimpy loser.
Of course I forgot...they've been ancillary to the Vito and his NH-lover story line.

I think the AJ bit could have been developed a bit more, but I guess the writers are only using it as filler.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:59 AM 06-02-2006
Originally Posted by Brock:
Melfi suffers even more cognitive dissonance.
Im hoping that next year, the 8th and final episode is an entire episode of Tony and Melfi discussing crap. That would be the perfect end to this season.
[Reply]
Otter 10:10 AM 06-02-2006
What? :-) Explain.
I've been asking you since day one.

You first.

It's a ****IN' METAFORE!!!

[spelling intentional]
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 10:24 AM 06-02-2006
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've been asking you since day one.

You first.

It's a ****IN' METAFORE!!!

[spelling intentional]
I'm trying to get YOU to elaborate. No one knows what you are talking about. Please fill us in.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:27 AM 06-02-2006
Boring season. I'm more interested in the Big Love finale than the Sopranos'. Didn't see that coming a couple months ago.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:35 AM 06-02-2006
I'm so ready to protest to HBO on this for taking advantage of Soprano's fans and simply turning out a load of excrement. How can they possibly be turning this crap out and going "Oh, yeah, this is quality..."

Just dissapointing. 2 friggin years for this...
[Reply]
Brock 10:48 AM 06-02-2006
I'm trying to get YOU to elaborate. No one knows what you are talking about. Please fill us in.
Speak for yourself.
[Reply]
Otter 10:57 AM 06-02-2006
I disagree. Meadow should dance more. :-)

Annoying, isn't it.

Worst part about it is you probably don't even get the point I'm trying to make.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 06-02-2006
Unfortunately it looks like Deadwood got the shaft.
Originally Posted by Ausiello:
It's Official: Deadwood Is Dead
Deadwood creator David Milch has penned a statement that pretty much confirms our worst fears: TV's best acted, written, directed, costumed and photographed show will end after its upcoming third season — and before its natural conclusion. The entire statement is below. Read it and weep.

"I'm touched by the passionate response of many of the fans of Deadwood and understand the disappointment they have expressed that this is to be the final season of the show.

However, I presented a new project to the network, John from Cincinnati, which they are very excited about. We worked together to try and fashion a plan that would have enabled us to produce a fourth season of Deadwood, as well as the new show. HBO, in fact, offered to commit to an additional six episodes after this season to conclude Deadwood.

I felt the right decision creatively was to stop now and move forward with the new project. Deadwood has been a magnificent experience for both me and the cast and crew behind the show, and I hope that everyone who loves Deadwood will not allow their disappointment in any way to affect what we believe is a wonderful season to come."

David Milch is a brilliant writer. And I'm sure he's a very nice man. But this is unforgivable — not to mention the height of selfishness. We deserved that six-episode wrap-up. Heck, we earned it. HBO was willing to do right by Deadwood fans. Too bad the same can't be said for Mr. Milch. Toss 'em in the pigpen, boys.

[Reply]
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up