ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:05 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC Spags... with or without Mathieu on Sunday, just ensures this never happens again with Sorensen:

I was watching the game with a buddy and during that play I said 'that's the single worst angle I've ever seen a Safety beyond the high school level take in my life'. It was mind-boggling. Sorensen has made some big plays for us, but that's absolutely inexcusable for a guy who's been around that long. Totally locked in on the slot receiver and completely forgot his responsibilities.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:55 PM 01-26-2022
If anyone told you at the beginning of the season- that the Bungholes would be the only team left standing in the way of the CHiefs going to their 3rd straight SB- would you have believed it?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:05 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Burrow's pretty damn good, but I wonder if people are going to be so eager to call him "figured out" when he goes into a slump at one of these points.

And it's going to happen. Might not be shells like Mahomes had to work around and adapt to, but some team is going to make him look kind of stupid at some point.

I imagine people will just go, "Well, that was a rough one for Burrow, but he's a great QB and he'll work it out." They'll give him all the passes and patience that they didn't get Mahomes and Andy fucking Reid this past season.

Seriously. Did people really think that Andy Reid with a QB like Patrick Mahomes wasn't going to figure out a way to go back to bazooka big point totals?
All young quarterbacks have a slump. Burrow will have one, when someone figures out a chink in his armor. He will work through it, cuz he’s a good qb. But.... in the words of the immortal Rick Flair.... brother.... if you wanna be the man.... you’ve got to BEAT the man.... and brother.... MAHOMES IS THE MANNNNNN
[Reply]
tredadda 11:07 PM 01-26-2022
Cincy is good with a lot of offensive talent, but they are young and inexperienced. Congratulations on them making it to the AFCCG, but they did not get there by putting on a show like KC did last Sunday. The Bengals beat the Raiders by only scoring two TDs and coming very close to OT against LV. They beat Tennessee more because Tannehill was trash and Vrabel coached poorly than anything the offense did. Playoff KC and playoff Mahomes are a different animal as Buffalo found out. I think KC wins by double digits.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:45 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Burrow's pretty damn good, but I wonder if people are going to be so eager to call him "figured out" when he goes into a slump at one of these points.

And it's going to happen. Might not be shells like Mahomes had to work around and adapt to, but some team is going to make him look kind of stupid at some point.

I imagine people will just go, "Well, that was a rough one for Burrow, but he's a great QB and he'll work it out." They'll give him all the passes and patience that they didn't get Mahomes and Andy fucking Reid this past season.

Seriously. Did people really think that Andy Reid with a QB like Patrick Mahomes wasn't going to figure out a way to go back to bazooka big point totals?
The Bears already made him look bad with 3 INT on 3 straight Burrow attempts this season. That’s gotta be one of the more rare events in NFL history.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:49 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I say stick anyone like Hughes/Baker on him and just instruct them to press, fight, beat on him all game.

Kurt Rambis they ass!
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 06:25 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC Spags... with or without Mathieu on Sunday, just ensures this never happens again with Sorensen:

Guys crazy idea , but if it comes down to the Bengals having to make a last minute gaming winning drive where we know we aren’t getting the ball back I’m throwing Tyreek back deep. We’re most likely going to bracket Chase anyway . I’m putting the guy who has the speed and is the best at tracking the ball in the air better then anyone else, over the top on chase. Tyreek has a great vertical also so I don’t see size being a problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:30 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The whole 88 best players line is such crap. Not only were the 88 best players not named to the Pro Bowl, but the SB will have several of those players who will not be playing in the Pro Bowl.

The NFL Pro Bowl may be the worst professional "all star" game in existence, because it's not actually a game, but an exhibition, and almost none of the top tier stars plays hard because they don't want to cost themselves millions of dollars because of an injury in said exhibition.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Did you see the divisional round commercial where they featured 7 of the 8 QB's.

It was weird because Tom Brady was the only QB not in the video and it aired in the 3rd quarter of the Rams/Bucs game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:35 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Cincy is good with a lot of offensive talent, but they are young and inexperienced. Congratulations on them making it to the AFCCG, but they did not get there by putting on a show like KC did last Sunday. The Bengals beat the Raiders by only scoring two TDs and coming very close to OT against LV. They beat Tennessee more because Tannehill was trash and Vrabel coached poorly than anything the offense did. Playoff KC and playoff Mahomes are a different animal as Buffalo found out. I think KC wins by double digits.
I was looking through the analytics stuff last night. Vegas has the Chiefs by 7.5. The analytics favor a Chiefs win fairly heavily but don't favor a cover. The delta is over 8%.

So the analytics actually agree with you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:40 AM 01-27-2022
Look at this dumb shit. Do these fucks actually watch games?

They took 10 penalties, including one that brought back a return TD. They also dropped multiple key passes and missed a ton of tackles.

The Chiefs were atrocious that day save for their offense’s first four drives https://t.co/hcn58ldxYe

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 01-27-2022
Kyle Brandt is one of the biggest moron talking heads in the NFL.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:43 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Look at this dumb shit. Do these ****s actually watch games?

I think he's looking at the box score and not seeing any turnovers, so assuming no problems.

Box score doesn't show you Tyreek Hill dropping a deep pass at the end of the half that would have set up a FG attempt at minimum and possibly a TD.

Box score doesn't show 2/3 drives in the second half stalling due to drops and/or dubious penalties.

Box score doesn't show Joe Thuney at LT and Allegretti at LG instead of Brown at LT and Thuney at LG.

Box score doesn't make it clear the Bengals picked up a whopping 6 first downs on penalties.

Box score scouting is the worst.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:49 AM 01-27-2022
Just heard Shannon Sharpe spew a couple interesting facts:

Career W/L

Joe Burrow 12/13

Grim Reaper 50/13

Win loss record when the win probability gets under 5%

Grim Reaper 3/1

Rest of NFL 1/38
[Reply]
wachashi 11:54 AM 01-27-2022