ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 140
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's people who hate this move but loved having Eric Hicks as a starter. Logic left Chiefs Kingdom decades ago.
The people who think we should never pay anyone cause "guys suck when you pay them"

Always great logic.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:54 PM 04-23-2019

The Chiefs defensive line is now

Frank Clark / Derrick Nnadi / Chris Jones / Alex Okafor

That is STRONG, regardless of where else you land on all this.

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
In58men 12:54 PM 04-23-2019
Remember when everyone cried about how the Chiefs loved being mediocre?

Now the same people are crying because we traded for an elite player :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Yup, Flacco just shit his pants in anticipation of his upcoming beatings.
:-) I had already forgotten that statues was Denver's new QB.
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 04-23-2019

I get it; it's rumor/lying season... but Frank Clark makes sense. His rep is more as a dynamic pass rusher (which he is) but his speed to power is fantastic. His plant step after pressing the upfield shoulder is quick and he explodes out of it.

And he fits Spag's DE criteria pic.twitter.com/NF6GNfwxd5

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) April 16, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
This team is so stupid. We've been running in place for decades. We went back to running in place the moment Hunt gave into Reid's power demands by firing Dorsey and promoting Andy's long-time twink to GM.
You think Dee Ford fits this defense and you are calling someone else stupid...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:54 PM 04-23-2019
Obviously Veach and co. didn't feel like they could get the value they wanted with the 29th pick. I wasn't keeping close tabs on the draft so I can't speak to that decision.

However, Frank Clark is a huge upgrade over both Houston and Ford. This might not have been the case if Houston had never injured his knee, but he did, and he wasn't the same afterwards.

Ford was just too one dimensional; all speed and nothing else. No ability to set the edge, no feel for stopping the run, these would've been serious issues going forward, especially as a DE in a 4-3.

And while I don't believe that Clark all on his own makes our D a top-10 unit, I do believe that his presence could make our front-7 at least one of the top 15 in the league. Which could take some pressure off the secondary, as well as having to acquire elite level players for our secondary.

The compensation both with draft picks and cash make me cringe a little, but then, I cringed more when we gave up what we gave up for Mahomes.

Wondering who's at 62 (I think that's the pick we have now)? Hopefully a true no. 1 CB or a no.2 WR.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
How does this guy fit the scheme? Honestly asking. Im pretty ignorant to this shit.
he's perfect, that's how.

perfect size, perfect violent attitude. Excellent pass rusher (13 sacks last season), has played 62 of 64 games (no injury history) is relentless, is an excellent player against the run as well as the pass.

He literally does not have a hole in his game.

He's going to fucking wreck worlds lined up next to Jones.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
How does this guy fit the scheme? Honestly asking. Im pretty ignorant to this shit.
I would argue the primary reason the Chiefs jettisoned Houston and Ford for Clark is for scheme fit. Houston was regressing but it is hard to argue that Ford when healthy is an extremely productive pass rusher. The issue is in a 4-3 the ends are asked to be much more responsible against the run, which is not Dee Ford's strong suit.

Frank Clark is an effective pass rusher but he is equally as dominant against the run. Much more physical at the line of scrimmage, while I'd say Ford is your prototypical finesse 3-4 OLB.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
This team is so stupid. We've been running in place for decades. We went back to running in place the moment Hunt gave into Reid's power demands by firing Dorsey and promoting Andy's long-time twink to GM.
You'd be the same one bitching and moaning if we fielded another bottom 10 defense that lacked talent.

Shut up.

The only way you get better is by adding better players.

But i guess you'd be A-Ok starting scrubs like Ogbah, eh?

Kick rocks.
[Reply]
Bump 12:56 PM 04-23-2019
get rid of one $100 mill guy for a $105 mill guy that's younger and had 14 sacks last season, 9 before that and over 10 the year before that. It is what it is, I have no control over it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:56 PM 04-23-2019

Frank Clark
72.6 Overall
72.7 Pass Rush
66.4 Run D
7.8 Pass Rush Productivity

Dee Ford
63.8 Overall
65.4 Pass Rush
56.5 Run D
7.0 Pass Rush Productivity

— Thomas Haslett (@ThomasHaslett) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
stumppy 12:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you mental? Houston was going to cost $22 million or something. Dee Ford was going to coast $17 million.

A #29 pick was not going to wreck worlds right out of the gate.

You're not really this stupid are you?
Exactly. You can't compare keeping them to getting Clark. Ford and Houston were gone, no matter what.
[Reply]
-King- 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
It feels like Veach always comes out on the losing side in trades. I like getting Frank but at that price and with that contract...fuck that's a lot.

I was just hoping for a mediocre or just slightly worse defense this year but with a move like this, we better be like 13th or 14th at worst.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys that are throwing a fit right now are all going to be lining up with tears of joy streaming down your faces to suck Veach's dick while he's holding the Lombardi trophy.

You'd better swallow. No spitting.
THIS

We need some secondary help, but fuck it, we are all in 2019-20. Esketit!
[Reply]
Page 27 of 140
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up