« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:09 AM 05-02-2022
KC had its choice of Pickens, Pierce and Moore, and ran the risk of a WR run when they moved back. It tells you they weren't wild about any of the 3, or they wouldn't have moved down. We'll never know who they liked better since their hand was forced by the two teams in front of them.

I don't think they could have gone wrong with Pierce or Moore. Lower floor and higher ceiling with Pickens.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:16 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea let’s talk about Watson winning championships while ignoring that Moore was the more productive player by far.
Yeah, that was my only argument for Watson.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:25 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
The extra crazy part about that is, we had to watch WRs dropping balls more than most last year, and yet still this place overlooks hands in a WR and obsesses with size and speed.
Actually catching the damn ball is an important but overlooked part of the process.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, that was my only argument for Watson.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I didn’t say it was, but when you talk about “winning championships”, which is a team accomplishment, while completely ignoring the difference in production (individual), it reeks of a biased take.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:44 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's also getting a little silly where if you so much as compare a rookie to a great player, people freak the hell out.

A player comparison isn't saying a rookie will be as good as that player. It's saying they do many of the same things and/or have similar backgrounds and measurables.

It's okay if fans see what Skyy Moore did for a MAC school and say, "Hey, Antonio Brown did a lot of the same stuff in college. And they're kind of built the same way." They're not fucking wrong.

NO HOW DARE YOU. YOU MAY NOT COMPARE SKYY MOORE TO AB. HE CAN BE SAMIE PARKER AND THAT'S FUCKING IT! THAT'S ALL YOU GET!
If every 6'+ nominally productive passer out of the Big 10 has "Tom Brady's Ceiling!" then said comparisons simply aren't worth anything. And it goes without saying that any Big 10 passer SHORTER than that is Russell Wilson.

So if you come out of the Big 10, your ceiling is either Russell Wilson or Tom Brady. Cool.

If you want player comps to be worthwhile, I'm not sure why you'd cite outliers for them.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:49 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If every 6'+ nominally productive passer out of the Big 10 has "Tom Brady's Ceiling!" then said comparisons simply aren't worth anything. And it goes without saying that any Big 10 passer SHORTER than that is Russell Wilson.

So if you come out of the Big 10, your ceiling is either Russell Wilson or Tom Brady. Cool.

If you want player comps to be worthwhile, I'm not sure why you'd cite outliers for them.
player comps and saying they have the same ceiling are different though
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:50 AM 05-02-2022

The outlier was cited in the first place because one guy questioned a MAC player at that height to get open against NFL CBs.

In this case, yes, an outlier is warranted to disprove that argument. We got fixated on the AB thing, but someone else (I think saphojunkie) gave an entirely reasonable take that while true that all MAC WRs have a low percentage of hitting in the NFL, the percentage of DRAFTED MAC WRs hitting and sticking around in the NFL is actually pretty high. Not all that many busts among them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
player comps and saying they have the same ceiling are different though
And I'm speaking primarily to ceiling.

If your 'ceiling' for Moore is Brown, you're being unrealistic to the point of a meaningless analysis.

If your 'comp' for Moore is Brown, you're flat out high.

If it's all semantics, so be it. But I see little utility in invoking the name of a HoF player in ANY capacity when talking about the 13th WR taken in this draft.

If the dude is Golden Tate that's a great pick. And if you're sitting there thinking 'nah, Great isn't good enough - what about AB?' then I think you're wasting your own time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:58 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You ****ing guys with the MAC.

Look up Antonio Brown. All of you. Now. Look at where he played. Look at his measurables. Then look at Skyy Moore.

**** you all very much.

This kid is going to be a stud. Bank it.
Comparing Combine numbers
Antonio Brown:

5-10
186 lbs
9" hands
4.57 40yd
13 bench
33.5 vertical
105 broad
6.98 3 cone
4.18 shuttle

Skyy Moore:

5-10
195 lbs
10 1/4" hands
4.41 40yd
15 bench
34.5 vertical
124 broad
7.13 3 cone
4.32 shuttle
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The outlier was cited in the first place because one guy questioned a MAC player at that height to get open against NFL CBs.

In this case, yes, an outlier is warranted to disprove that argument. We got fixated on the AB thing, but someone else (I think saphojunkie) gave an entirely reasonable take that while true that all MAC WRs have a low percentage of hitting in the NFL, the percentage of DRAFTED MAC WRs hitting and sticking around in the NFL is actually pretty high. Not all that many busts among them.
I don't think an outlier can 'disprove' an argument unless said argument is made in absolutes. "MAC receivers that high have never once in NFL history been productive NFL receivers!" can be disproven by citing an outlier.

Citing an outlier to rebut a trend, OTOH, don't work. That's what makes the guy an outlier.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Comparing Combine numbers
Antonio Brown:

5-10
186 lbs
9" hands
4.57 40yd
13 bench
33.5 vertical
105 broad
6.98 3 cone
4.18 shuttle

Skyy Moore:

5-10
195 lbs
10 1/4" hands
4.41 40yd
15 bench
34.5 vertical
124 broad
7.13 3 cone
4.32 shuttle
Quick! Do DeAnthony Thomas!

You take Brown's career, I'll take DATs. Which one do you really think he'll be closer to?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 05-02-2022
Posting what I did in the draft forum. I really think this is our Nick Bolton pick and it will turn out that way. Not a super high ceiling prospect but very high floor with a few high ceiling traits.

Willie Gay was a high ceiling athlete that needed to figure out things out and Bolton came in and changed games. I think you’ll see that for Skyy Moore in comparison to Mecole Hardman.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:17 PM 05-02-2022
For the record,

MAC receivers drafted in the first three rounds over the last fifteen years:

Skyy Moore (KC)
Corey Davis (tenn)
Diontae Johnson (pitt)
kenny Golladay (det)
Dri Archer (pitt)
Greg Jennings (GB)
Taylor Price (NE)
Darius Watts (Den)
Randy Moss (Min)

Looking at this, the odds are in favor of Skyy Moore being worth it. (fun fact, Pittsburgh loves MAC receivers.)

If you want to add some other wrinkles, here is every MAC player drafted in the first round since Moss:

Spoiler!

If anything, the talent it takes to get drafted out of the MAC seems to be a pretty damn good indicator of sufficient ability to succeed in the NFL.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:18 PM 05-02-2022
I watched and read a lot about Skyy leading up to the draft and think his best comp (in my view) is Wes Welker.

Best in slot but can play outside.
Can return punts and kickoffs (Veach said this would be part of his initial role in KC)
Elite quicks
Elite acceleration
Smaller in stature
Not a deep threat, but has the speed to be.
Very reliable hands
Good vision on adjustable routes
Smart

Skyy is bigger, but comparable.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:20 PM 05-02-2022
I don't think an outlier can 'disprove' an argument unless said argument is made in absolutes. "MAC receivers that high have never once in NFL history been productive NFL receivers!" can be disproven by citing an outlier.

Citing an outlier to rebut a trend, OTOH, don't work. That's what makes the guy an outlier.
Well I just proved to you that MAC receivers taken in the first three rounds NOT succeeding is the outlier.

So there.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 280
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up