ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 36
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:01 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
I think you're probably right. What makes this "move" different than a lot of others that Kansas has won, is the Chiefs do have a motivation to stay physically in Missouri if they want to market to St. Louis as the "Missouri" team. They already have loyalty of most of Kansas.
Yes. Sort of like how all those upstate New Yorkers refuse to watch the East Rutherford, New Jersey Giants...
[Reply]
srvy 01:49 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Seriously, if the Royals move downtown, the no-brainer would be to build a new stadium right where the K is today. For those that cry about no nightlife/lack of hotels/etc. at the present site, what would you purpose we do with the land from present-day Arrowhead? If I'm the Hunt family, I'm thinking "Hey, we still have WoF right up the road and boats on moats nearby. Maybe we could do something with that land other than a landfill". But that's just me, I'm not a billionaire.
Hunts no longer own WOF and haven't for quite a while.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:54 PM 05-01-2022
Say the Chiefs were leaving Municipal Stadium now, would anyone choose the current site for the stadium?
[Reply]
srvy 03:05 PM 05-01-2022
Actually, the Hunt family has used that leased property but has never invested much in the area around Arrowhead.

Hunts have a pretty large investment in the KCMO area with their real estate development company. When Charles F Curry died the estate sold all that land north of the river to the LDS church who made a promise to keep most of it agriculture. This land was huge acreage along still to be built I 435 from the KCMO line with Liberty and west to KCI along now I 435 to north of 291. Also 152 was yet to be built but proposed. That land much LDS sold to Hunt midwest real estate that was developed single-family housing townhomes condos and some retail development.

The point is why didn't they ever show a commitment to the area around Arrowhead stadium? I think the evidence is pretty clear that the area is dead and no one will take a chance on it. It was there for the taking with all that farmland around Arrowhead when it was built. It's a shame because it could have been made into a nice area. Until KC and Jackson County get their shit together it will remain as is. The more I think about it just like St Lou we could lose the chiefs to Kansas pretty easily.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:24 PM 05-01-2022
Why is it that people think that the stadium needs "nightlife" and such around the stadium? The stadium needs to not have a bunch of stuff close around it. If they move the stadium or completely change the surroundings it could affect the tailgate experience that Arrowhead is known for. In turn that could, would shift the average fan.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:31 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The Chiefs have the city and the state by the balls with Kansas saying what they are. The Chiefs will get their new stadium and eventually have the Truman Sports Complex all to themselves because there is no way the state of Missouri lets two NFL franchises escape in the span of a decade, much less let one move next door to Kansas.
Why do you say that? Half our legislature is in metro St Louis and they’ve never shown any willingness to fund anything in KC. We had to go it alone when we built the TSC and again when we renovated it in the 2006 vote. We have like 20% of the state population and how many outsiders want their taxes going to a pro stadium?

The “state” doesn’t care if the Chiefs leave and isn’t afraid of it anyway since the NFL wouldn’t ever want a giant hole in the middle of the country without it. Especially a well supported franchise like the Chiefs
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:46 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'm not going to Kansas to watch the Chiefs.
Well that settles it, they’re not moving now!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:03 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Well that settles it, they’re not moving now!
Meant to prop. I bet he's offended gambling I'd legal in Kansas lolol
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:04 PM 05-01-2022
There’d probably be electric car chargers at the new stadium too
[Reply]
wazu 04:32 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yes. Sort of like how all those upstate New Yorkers refuse to watch the East Rutherford, New Jersey Giants...
I think you're trying to make a point here, but those guys are all Bills fans, aren't they?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:01 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Why anybody cares if the stadium is in Missouri or Kansas as long as it is in the metro is beyond me.
Why do you and others care that I'm not on board?

I don't recall saying that it shouldn't happen, or that being on board with it is wrong.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 06:36 PM 05-01-2022
Everyone says fuck billionaire owners in their greedy asses, but Clark puts up any guaranteed money the Chiefs can’t cover. Geha branding sucks but I want the team to be as rich as possible. And I agree that as long as it’s in the metro and approx the same distance to the airport, then I don’t give a fuck.

Even better, give me a brand new dome and host a home super bowl. Lots of people stuck in the mud.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:01 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Why anybody cares if the stadium is in Missouri or Kansas as long as it is in the metro is beyond me.
Because not all of us are from Kansas City. I'm from SW Missouri, I became a fan of the Chiefs because they were in Missouri. After 30 years it's not a deal breaker anymore, but it was when I was 10.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:21 PM 05-01-2022
My biggest problem is this - it's completely unnecessary.

We're talking abandoning Arrowhead, not some dilapidated shit pit like the Oakland Colosseum. The stadium may be old, but it's in great shape and has been recently renovated.

This is just fucking stupid. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:26 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Seems like "news" in the sense that original article took a completely innocent comment and it spread like wildfire, so now everyone is asking the Chiefs about it and they're just being honest.

The lease is up in 9 years: True!
The Royals are kind of talking about a downtown stadium almost a decade from now: True!
Teams prepare for different scenarios years in advance, but it doesn't mean any of it's guaranteed even a little bit.... also true!
Yyyyyyyep... But I have no doubt that in just a few years Kansas will put the full weight of the state behind getting them to move. And it frequently works since Missouri (as a state) usually won't go to bat for KC.

We'll see.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 36
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up